Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install & setup WCG

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can't get the sig thingy right.

I'm doing as it says on other posts,

It sais this, Privateer's Projects id's. Ive done this and this.

Privateer'sXtremeSystems

PrivateerXtremeSystems

then ticked the box.

Graphics BFG 8800 GT
    Motherboard Asus M2N4-SLI
    AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Processor 4400+
    OCZ DDR2 667MHz PC2 5400 2Gb
    3 x 250 Gb Western Digital SATA300, 7200 rpm, 8MB Cache, 8.9 ms
    2 x Dual Layer burner, NEC
    PSU Tagan
    O/S XP Pro with SP 3
    Vista dual boot.

Xtreme Cruncher
    PrivateerXtremeSystems should work - I notice you joined yesterday and have submitted 1 result so far, so it could be waiting for the next update?

Edit: I see that the World Community Grid stats are now showing the updated result - however your WCG (BOINC) figure doesn't look right, are you using the Boinc Account Number for WCG as in my previous post #50?
    Last edited by [XC] Adywebb; 09-05-2006 at 11:51 AM.
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adywebb
    PrivateerXtremeSystems should work - I notice you joined yesterday and have submitted 1 result so far, so it could be waiting for the next update?

Edit: I see that the World Community Grid stats are now showing the updated result - however your WCG (BOINC) figure doesn't look right, are you using the Boinc Account Number for WCG as in my previous post #50?
    My BOINC has Gone back to 0.

also Welcome back, Privateer
    Accumulated Points: 796
    https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...ewMyProfile.do

Graphics BFG 8800 GT
    PSU Tagan
    O/S XP Pro with SP 3
    Vista dual boot.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer
    My BOINC has Gone back to 0.

also Welcome back, Privateer
    Accumulated Points: 796
    https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...ewMyProfile.do
    I should imagine your Boinc stats will be up and running with the next boinc update.

Be aware that others cannot view that link to your member page without using your login

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I should imagine your Boinc stats will be up and running with the next boinc update.

Be aware that others cannot view that link to your member page without using your login
    Thats gutting, I read boinc clients are faster, IF id installed UD on both of the PC, that have boinc on them they'd have done 1000 points by now.

Edit: I'm still learning my BOINC points have gone on the UD score, why's that ?

Also my team ranks are different, hows that possible, if WCG is the main body.
    Last edited by Privateer; 09-06-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Graphics BFG 8800 GT
    PSU Tagan
    O/S XP Pro with SP 3
    Vista dual boot.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer
    Thats gutting, I read boinc clients are faster, IF id installed UD on both of the PC, that have boinc on them they'd have done 1000 points by now.

Edit: I'm still learning my BOINC points have gone on the UD score, why's that ?

Also my team ranks are different, hows that possible, if WCG is the main body.
    The UD client directly produces WCG points that do not appear in the Boinc stats, however Boinc produces Boinc 'credits' which contribute to the WCG Boinc only stats - and they are also multiplied by 7 and added to your overall WCG points.

Therefore there are two seperate sets of stats you can monitor, overall WCG stats which everyone at WCG contributes to (Boinc + UD), and the WCG Boinc only stats which only those using the Boinc client contribute to.

Have a look at post #12 HERE for an explaination as to why there are two different clients.

If we look at your sig sats at the moment as an example - you have 446 WCG Boinc points which x7 = 3122 overall WCG points - the reason why it doesn't directly tally with your WCG points in the sig is because Boinc stats are updated in the sigs several times a day, whereas the WCG stats are updated once around midnight UTC.

The reason why the team ranks are different is that the WCG ranking includes everyone using UD client and Boinc, wheres as the WCG Boinc rank only includes those using Boinc.

Be assured the Boinc client will outscore the UD client

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The UD client directly produces WCG points that do not appear in the Boinc stats, however Boinc produces Boinc 'credits' which contribute to the WCG Boinc only stats - and they are also multiplied by 7 and added to your overall WCG points.

Therefore there are two seperate sets of stats you can monitor, overall WCG stats which everyone at WCG contributes to (Boinc + UD), and the WCG Boinc only stats which only those using the Boinc client contribute to.

Have a look at post #12 HERE for an explaination as to why there are two different clients.

If we look at your sig sats at the moment as an example - you have 446 WCG Boinc points which x7 = 3122 overall WCG points - the reason why it doesn't directly tally with your WCG points in the sig is because Boinc stats are updated in the sigs several times a day, whereas the WCG stats are updated once around midnight UTC.

The reason why the team ranks are different is that the WCG ranking includes everyone using UD client and Boinc, wheres as the WCG Boinc rank only includes those using Boinc.

Be assured the Boinc client will outscore the UD client
    Thanks for that.

Graphics BFG 8800 GT
    PSU Tagan
    O/S XP Pro with SP 3
    Vista dual boot.

hi!!

I just joinded your team
    I hope I will help you

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes this will help. Thank you for joining.
    gentoo amd64/2008.0-beta, gcc-4.2.3, glibc-2.7-r2, kernel 2.6.25 x86_64
    I crunch, and you should too. STATS

Xtreme Member
    Just joined and installed and i am having problems. It says my agent is paused. I click on the Icon in the tray and a message comes up. I click ok and it attepmts to download, files. It downloads some but then they just go away. My system meets or exceed all the specs. The only things that I think might be hindering is the fact that I installed on my Windows 2003 X64 bit server. It should still be able to run it in 32 bit mode. The causes they list dont help. I have McAfee 8.0 but dont see where I have to disable the under buffer protection, if that is what is preventing my tasks from downloading. HELP!!!!!!!
    P4 3.2C GHZ (Northwood) Not working at the moment.
    Dual P4 3.0 Xeon "Nocona" WCG Cruncher - Hard Drive crapped out, waiting for the wife to release funds for life cycle replacements!!
    Sony Vaio

Certifications - I'm certified!! ARE YOU???
    MCP, MCSA Windows Server 2003, MCSE Windows Server 2003, MCITP - Consumer Support Technician, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Server Administrator, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Active Directory Configuration, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Network Infrastructure Configuration, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Application Platform Configuration, MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration
    A+, Network+, Security + Certified

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by computerman0416
    Just joined and installed and i am having problems. It says my agent is paused. I click on the Icon in the tray and a message comes up. I click ok and it attepmts to download, files. It downloads some but then they just go away. My system meets or exceed all the specs. The only things that I think might be hindering is the fact that I installed on my Windows 2003 X64 bit server. It should still be able to run it in 32 bit mode. The causes they list dont help. I have McAfee 8.0 but dont see where I have to disable the under buffer protection, if that is what is preventing my tasks from downloading. HELP!!!!!!!
    Hey stranger Are you using BOINC or the UD agent?
    Use Boinc, that works fine. Questions, turn on your ICQ and I'll help you.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Hi guys, I have been in the WCG since March 2005 and I wanted to start a thread about this project, but I thought you guys just roll in Rosetta ...

Anyway, as I crunch WCG quite a while, I must say that I also vote for the BOINC, cuz its far better, and with cruncher's files its the ONLY choice IMO,

GOOD LUCK and I hope we'll make a great crunch-team with xtreme-results ...
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley
    hi!!

I just joinded your team
    I hope I will help you
    Hi Ashley:

Every bit helps! Welcome to the team. Thanks for helping out. If you have any questions or need help with anything, just ask.
    All crunching 24/7, both cores 100% loaded
    e6600es @ 3.8 (423) / p5W64WSPro / Noctua120 / Gskill 6400 / NV 7950 / 3 x Rptr150 Raid 0 / OCZ GmStr 700 / X-Fi
    e6700 @ 3.6 (400) / p5b Dlx / Big Typhoon / Corsair 6400 / PCP&C Silencer 750
    e6300 @ 3.465 (495) / p5B Dlx / Scythe Infinity / GSkill 8500 / Mushkin 550 PSU
    e6400 @ 3.2 (400) / p5b Dlx / ThermalRight SI-128 / GSkill 6400hz / SunBeamTech 550 PSU
    e6300 @ 3.08 (440) / gb S3 / Intel Stock Cooler / Gskill 6400hz

Like all the xtreme HELP you find at XtremeSystems?
    Please HELP Xtreme Systems HELP fight Aids and Cancer on the World Community Grid!

Join the XtremeSystems WCG Team

Xtreme Guru
    is anyone else running in to the non-reporting WUs on 5.4.9?

i just looked at one of my Xeon boxes and i had 25 unreported tasks. and i had the same issue last night with my opty and my c2d box.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Xtreme Addict
    I`ll play till im board

when will i start seeing results on my stats
    ________
    Mc platform
    Last edited by billdavis; 03-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.

I'm gonna sign up for this at long last in a day or 2. Might get it going before weekend. Just have to install a few wireless cards tonight. Now I'll probably grit my teeth and use the boinc client. Since WCG isn't been covered much by BOK at the moment, is there any stats that are covered. And i mean stats close to the quality of Boks usually standard. the stats on WCG just doesn't cut the mustard for me? Will BOINCstats show us the real picture?

Egyptian OverClocker
    just installed 5.4.11 and it is only using 1 core and noth both fo them

how can i fix that ?

EDIT:

ok now after 12 min BOINC downloaded more tasks and it is using the both cores now

how can i control how many tasks it download ?
    Last edited by Okda; 10-16-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT

ok now after 12 min BOINC downloaded more tasks and it is using the both cores now

how can i control how many tasks it download ?
    Go to your WCG properties, go to device manager, device profiles. Then click the Boinc profile you want to use and set 'Connect to network about every xxx days' to a number of your choice. The less, the smaller the queue
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    You have to edit your profile preferences ont eh WCG homepage.
    You can get there using the boinc manager. Open the projects tab and click on WCG. Now chose "Device Profiles" on the left and a webbrowser should open. Now you can edit your default or home profile, or whatever you use.
    "Connect to network about every x days" is what you have to set for the amout of WUs it downloads. A smaler value downloads less WUs than a bigger value.

Edit: Oh well Martijn beat me by a few seconds :P
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Egyptian OverClocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak
    A smaler value downloads less WUs than a bigger value.
    Thanks both

but just to be very clear, if i set it to 5 days for example it will d/l less WUs than if i set it to 10 days ?

what is ur config on ur main rig everyone ?
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT
    Thanks both

but just to be very clear, if i set it to 5 days for example it will d/l less WUs than if i set it to 10 days ?

what is ur config on ur main rig everyone ?
    Yes. My main rig is set to .5 days, it is connected to the internet all time and does one FAAH WU in 5 hours. This will mean I have an average of 4-6 WUs queued
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Cruncher
    can i run this on multiple pc's?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown
    can i run this on multiple pc's?
    Not only you can, you MUST!
    Thermaltake Xaser 3 V2000a ALU
    Phenom x4 905e
    4G ddr3
    Ati radeon HD 4850 sapphire
    OCZ Vertex turbo 30G

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkec
    Not only you can, you MUST!
    hehe,

well ive joined and currently im running it on:

work.... 2gig p4 - 512mb (for when im not at work)

ill be installing it on my xp-m at home (for when im at work) and also at work under my desk i have a 2.6gig xeon with 2gig o' ram so it will be going on that too

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Welcome to the team then.
    Just make sure you are allowed to use the computers at work
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast