Page 118 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 5113

Thread: ASUS P5B-Deluxe; Problems & Fixes

Xtreme Member
    dinos22 lol. You have to set PCIE Freq. at 101 or 110MHz and it wount be PCIEx1 when you are ocing...

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager2
    dinos22 lol. You have to set PCIE Freq. at 101 or 110MHz and it wount be PCIEx1 when you are ocing...
    i even had that runnig when it was unsuccessful until the fix came
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    What's a good app to get my cpu temp other than asus probe?
    Current Setup:
    Board: ASUS p5b-deluxe
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 6400
    Sound: XFI-Platinum
    CPU: E6600
    PSU: Zeus 850 WATT
    Video: 8800gtx
    HSF: Tuniq Tower 120
    Nbride cooling: ThermalRight HR-05
    Case: Lian-Li V21000 Plus II

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrt2
    coretemp
    No rig right now.

Xtreme Member
    Speedfan 4.32b8 :

P5B Deluxe 1.03g, Bios:1219, T< 35C / E6300 L629A40x + HomeBuilt WC. 450/1.3625V 24/7, SpeedStep ON / 2x1Gb Gskill F2-6400CL4-1GBHK 1:1/2.15V, 4-4-3-5-5-35-10-10-10-11 / Sapphire HD4870 @Defaults/2x36G Raptor RAID0 + Barracuda 7200.10 320GB + WD1200JB 120Gb + more / Samsung 22" LCD T220P / Liberty 400W PSU / Antec Sonata1 w/AcoustiPack kit, homemade AirDucts / Rosewill Laser mouse , Genius SlimStar 310 KBD

Gigabyte M912M Netbook

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1
    Angelico_Payne

I believe I read something about warning against moving to AHCI after OS installed. Could be in Asus Forum or even FAQ.

About the Advanced User Manual .. :
    I solved 100% crackling Soundmax by disconnecting the PC_Speaker from the OB connector. Boot issues were soleved by 4580 drivers.
    I know, and there's a way around, but i dont know which of 4 drivers to install...

Thanks for the info,but still some people having problem avec 4580 drivers. i first advise latest drivers then all other.

Intel TAT

Xtreme Member
    i am having issues with this board. just got it on friday and built a new rig with parts i swapped from a week old p5n-e sli so i know they are solid and how high they can go.

everything was running just fine but my temps were very high so i decided to reseat the scythe ninja. i was rock solid stable at 3.3ghz but i went to reseat the heatsink and so i did and when i went to start back up it wouldnt post - all the fans would spin all the lights would go on the drives would whir but nothing on the screen.

so i decided to take everything out and put it back in (mobo) and so i did. same thing as above. so i remembered the one stick ram thing i read. so i took out one stick of ram and voila - i posted got into windows fine. so i went back to the bios and changed my voltage (ocz pc 6400 platinum rev. 2) so i could put the second stick in.

i did that and shut down, but then got distracted for an hour - went back to start up and nothing again. tried one stick of ram again, nothing.
    i have plenty of power - corsair hx620. i only have a 1950pro in here. an e6400 cpu.

i tried one stick of ram in each slot, 1 by 1. nothing. all fans go all ights on all drives are fine - just no post on the monitor.

if this is unfixable im never buying asus again. i just returned a p5n-e sli that cost me 3 days of issues. time icant get back. now this?

any assistance?
    Last edited by idiotekniQues; 01-20-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Xtreme Member
    reseated my cpu. unhooked my drives and other stuff.

still all fans and the lights come on. nothing on the screen.

my friend has a new dell core2 setup, im gonna grab a stick of his ram and see if it will post with that. otherwise i am sending this board back and am finished with asus it seems.

ill grab the new revision of the ds3 coming out and say hello to the boards taht look like a clown exploded on them.

anyone know whats up with the Jan. 2007 realtek wifi drivers on windows update? Same as the latest betas on Asus update or what?
    C2D 6300 / 3150Mhz / Freezer 7 Pro / P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP Bios 1238 / 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 450Mhz / MSI 4850 / Assorted Drives 4.5 TB

Xtreme Member
    Try a new stick of RAM that seems to work for me, although it works like when it wants to. The new stick always posts, but when I put my good RAM back in, it doesn't post again sometimes, so sometimes I have to do the process over and over... It's a real pain and I am definitely sending this board back.
    Current Setup:

Well I've got another tiny little problem...I did the weird hack method to stop the Jmicron drivers from installing for the IDE (but using them for a hard drive) and I just noticed that when I put different CDs in they aren't recognized by name. I had an audio CD in and then when I put in a data CD, the name was still "Audio CD" and the icons inside were totally wrong.

Has anyone put in the latest Jmicron drivers, and do they work right for CD-ROMS?

I having battle. I have been unsuccessful at running 2 hard drives in raid 0 with a spare 3rd ide data drive not raid. All together!!!. The spare drive always comes up with question mark on it. It like its trying to be raid also due to set ide as raid in bios. Has anyone had any success with this. I even tried plugging ide into jmicron and still no joy. Also i read in the manual the black sata ports are for slave sata. What about if i setup as ahci would i have anymore luck? There must be a way. Lots of sata ports but i dont want them all as raid.
    Last edited by markymoo; 01-21-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Xtreme Member
    markymoo
    I have 2 SATA Raid0 and 1 Single SATA on Intel , and DVD and ATA66 on JMicron IDE.
    The JMicron drives appear as SCSI is Device Manager.
    I recall some issues with setting AHCI on Intel. But I didn't bother.

P5B Deluxe 1.03g, Bios:1219, T< 35C / E6300 L629A40x + HomeBuilt WC. 450/1.3625V 24/7, SpeedStep ON / 2x1Gb Gskill F2-6400CL4-1GBHK 1:1/2.15V, 4-4-3-5-5-35-10-10-10-11 / Sapphire HD4870 @Defaults/2x36G Raptor RAID0 + Barracuda 7200.10 320GB + WD1200JB 120Gb + more / Samsung 22" LCD T220P / Liberty 400W PSU / Antec Sonata1 w/AcoustiPack kit, homemade AirDucts / Rosewill Laser mouse , Genius SlimStar 310 KBD

Gigabyte M912M Netbook

Xtreme Member
    well i took all the power out of my mobo and the battery, cleared the cmos and took the ram out. left it like that all night cause i was sick of muckin with this board.

put in a stick today and it booted up. changed the voltage and then shut down put in both and booted up. and then i was like let me check my bios - it was an 05 version. i just got this board 2 days ago and i just assumed it had to be the latest bios. duh @ me!

gonna flash now and see if it does it again. i need this pc to be able to work off of cold boots. since i still see people having this issue nowadays with the new bios i am not sure it will fix this board.

Xtreme Member
    Be careful when flashing though... Make a BIOS CD FIRST with the latest on it, then flash... for some reason this new board I have doesn't like being flashed and so it comes up with a corrupt boot block yada yada yada or corrupt bios etc.. after I flash it... then it goes through the BIOS recovery process so I put in a cd with the BIOS on it and then it actually goes through... I've had to flash all my bios twice with this process every time I switch... More evidence that this is quite possibly the worst board I've ever used... not for performance, just for stability and crazy bugs that just SHOULD not happen when a product leaves the production floor. It's almost like they rushed this board out and forgot to test it... and now the consumers are forced to be their little test subjects at our own expense so they can work out the basic bugs that boards should have worked out before they go retail... OK Rant over. =)
    Current Setup:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1
    markymoo
    I have 2 SATA Raid0 and 1 Single SATA on Intel , and DVD and ATA66 on JMicron IDE.
    The JMicron drives appear as SCSI is Device Manager.
    I recall some issues with setting AHCI on Intel. But I didn't bother.
    I switched my drives over to AHCI and it's working fine... And this is after I installed my os with IDE... I did the workaround to switch it to AHCI... It worked fine, if you want to use it I'll give ya the link.
    Current Setup:

Xtreme Member
    Be careful when flashing though... Make a BIOS CD FIRST with the latest on it, then flash... for some reason this new board I have doesn't like being flashed and so it comes up with a corrupt boot block yada yada yada or corrupt bios etc.. after I flash it... then it goes through the BIOS recovery process so I put in a cd with the BIOS on it and then it actually goes through... I've had to flash all my bios twice with this process every time I switch... More evidence that this is quite possibly the worst board I've ever used... not for performance, just for stability and crazy bugs that just SHOULD not happen when a product leaves the production floor. It's almost like they rushed this board out and forgot to test it... and now the consumers are forced to be their little test subjects at our own expense so they can work out the basic bugs that boards should have worked out before they go retail... OK Rant over. =)
    yeah i am super pissed off as well. asus quite simply does not give a about our time at all. i have wasted so many hours doing stupid things with a board that should work on the first try.

i went to attach a floppy drive to my pc cause the e-z flash would not see my usb drive even though it is FAT and then it wouldnt post again. so again now i have it sitting there no battery, cmos reset, all power cords disconnected from themobo one stick of ram in not two.

this is completely ridiculous. i am going to order a gigabyte ds3. rev. 2 when it comes out next week and return this POS asus and never buy asus again.

do u think because i got a board that was 0507 bios in january that i got a return from somebody? i think so. from a high volume reseller like zipzoom.
    Last edited by idiotekniQues; 01-21-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hmmm... that's actually quite intersting logic there. I've never actually thoguht about that before... I too got a board that is 0507 stock... maybe it's a return or maybe it's an older board revision itself. Not sure, and I'm not sure how to find out either. I do know that even despite all the problems I've been having with both of the boards... the ORIGINAL board I got had less problems than the current one... and it came with a much later bios revision than 0507. I haven't sent the other one back yet, it's waiting in a box for me to take it to ups... I'm almost tempted to put this one back in it's box and use my old one again, now that I know how to get it to POST with one stick of RAM. Then again that's alot of extra work considering that I'm thinking about ditching this board all together and going with the RD600 or anotherr board/chipset alltogether. Ahh well, descisions, descisions...
    Current Setup:

Xtreme Member
    well i took your advice and had a cd-rom with the bios on it waiting and flashed my bios via a floppy.

it went fine, i got into windows again. rebooted and set my voltages for my memory ok. then shut down to install the second stick and disconnect the floppy drive since it is not actually in my case.

i did it fast but carefully, but by the time i put the power back on, it wouldnt boot. i heard changing ram with power going to the mobo is bad so i always turn off my PS before i touch themobo for any reason. s

so again, unplug all power, take out battery (placed in the most retarded place) did cmos jumper but i started up with both sticks of ram in. went right to bios and kicked up the voltage and put the right timings in. set my boot devices and started up windows.

ok everything was just dandy, im in windows. so i want to restart to go back into the bios and disable stuff i dont want like the audio. i goto restart, windows shuts down and bam - nothing. so i wait then turn off with the front power button and turn back on. now it gives mea bios error and it starts hunting for a bios so i stick in that cd rom that you told me to make.

it sees the cd finds the file and then promptly says that it failed to flash so now my board is fubared.

i did everything totally right. this board is a beta testing POS and i am angrier than i have been in a long time.

do you know the date the bios right after 0507 was released? i need this info for when i call zipzoom and complain tomorrow.

Xtreme Member
    CRAP I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that for some reason... the bios file needs to be named P5BD.ROM
    Now why this is, I have no idea, but it has to be that name LOL... ok so now this is what you do, take the ASUS cd that came with your board and pop that in. It has the original BIOS file in there for you...it should recover using that CD.
    THEN flash again etc... and have that other CD on hand(you'll have to make another though using the name P5BD.ROM for the ROM file name). It should work this time... Sorry I forgot that detail, I wasn't thinking mate. Lemme know how it goes.
    Current Setup:

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmm... that's actually quite intersting logic there. I've never actually thoguht about that before... I too got a board that is 0507 stock... maybe it's a return or maybe it's an older board revision itself. Not sure, and I'm not sure how to find out either. I do know that even despite all the problems I've been having with both of the boards... the ORIGINAL board I got had less problems than the current one... and it came with a much later bios revision than 0507. I haven't sent the other one back yet, it's waiting in a box for me to take it to ups... I'm almost tempted to put this one back in it's box and use my old one again, now that I know how to get it to POST with one stick of RAM. Then again that's alot of extra work considering that I'm thinking about ditching this board all together and going with the RD600 or anotherr board/chipset alltogether. Ahh well, descisions, descisions...
    I had a board that came with the 0507 bios. I've have had basically zero issues. Only major qurick about the board is that sometimes the bios itself locks up when I try changing settings.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Member
    CRAP I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that for some reason... the bios file needs to be named P5BD.ROM
    Now why this is, I have no idea, but it has to be that name LOL... ok so now this is what you do, take the ASUS cd that came with your board and pop that in. It has the original BIOS file in there for you...it should recover using that CD.
    THEN flash again etc... and have that other CD on hand(you'll have to make another though using the name P5BD.ROM for the ROM file name). It should work this time... Sorry I forgot that detail, I wasn't thinking mate. Lemme know how it goes.
    well i shut down and now it wont give me video yet again. so i have to do the power/cmos/battery thing again. im leavin to go watch the football games and cursing asus under my breath.

do you know when the new ds3-pro is coming out? its gonna be a killer deal at 170 bucks the previews look great. id like to hold out and return this POS asus for that board, otherwise ill have to do a crossship rma for the same POS.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, this happened to me a lot to. It sucks alot, but I've only updated my bios 2x so I keep forgetting that it sucks alot. If it happens the next time I update, I won't do it again. Its a PITA to mess with the battery and such.

Sorry that I'm jumping in late, but what exactly is the fix for the PCI-E link width issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Englihs
    anyone know whats up with the Jan. 2007 realtek wifi drivers on windows update? Same as the latest betas on Asus update or what?
    Nope me intrested as well... didnt even no its a realtek wifi... so i gues latest driver should be on realtek site?

Quote Originally Posted by sluzbenik
    Well I've got another tiny little problem...I did the weird hack method to stop the Jmicron drivers from installing for the IDE (but using them for a hard drive) and I just noticed that when I put different CDs in they aren't recognized by name. I had an audio CD in and then when I put in a data CD, the name was still "Audio CD" and the icons inside were totally wrong.

Has anyone put in the latest Jmicron drivers, and do they work right for CD-ROMS?

Cd works fine...

What do u mean by wierd hack?

Quote Originally Posted by markymoo
    I having battle. I have been unsuccessful at running 2 hard drives in raid 0 with a spare 3rd ide data drive not raid. All together!!!. The spare drive always comes up with question mark on it. It like its trying to be raid also due to set ide as raid in bios. Has anyone had any success with this. I even tried plugging ide into jmicron and still no joy. Also i read in the manual the black sata ports are for slave sata. What about if i setup as ahci would i have anymore luck? There must be a way. Lots of sata ports but i dont want them all as raid.
    U have 2 sata drives and 1 IDE right?
    U must install RAID drivers for it to work during windows install (F6 method)

http://www.altus.co.yu/temp/drv/F6_A...rs_P5B_Dlx.exe

if u allready did that, i have no clue how that IDE disc can be an issue. but just to be on the safe side, while u do RAID disable jMicron controller. U will not see IDE, so u can see if thats causing issues. Hope info helps.

Plz guys can u do me a favour and set PCI latency on your boards to higest setting? And see if u get random micro freezeups while working in Windows.

Page 118 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168 ... LastLast