Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most extreme cable management mod ever

Yeah thats not a human threat, it wont shock you but it could end the systems life instantly if somthing shorts it out.

More than the power rails wich I think is neat, is the fact he said he soldered all the ATX stuff directly to the mobo from the backside. That is what I think is the bad idea. That mobo and maybe the PSU are pretty much set in stone to never be used for anything else, for sombody like me who has had to remove his psu, mobo, ect ect on several occasions to do a mod, clean, and other things this would be a very very bad idea.

So in effect its very showy but fails to perform IMO.

You see just about as many wires in my case due to neat cable managment, but they still come right off the mobo when I need them too.
    Specs: Q6600 @ 3.65ghz 1.42v / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 2x2gb Mushkin DDR2@810 / PC P&C 750w / 2x ATI 4850 Crossfire @ 710/1050

Xtreme Member
    That's beyond sick

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    The voltage from the PSU isn't gonna be enough to shock anyone, it is only 12 volts after all. The only danger I see with the way he has it is the possibility of shorting them together (loose screw for example).
    12 volts at 30+ amps is alot of power my friend.

It only takes a few v to stop your heart.

Xtreme Member
    ""It only takes a few v to stop your heart.""

volts is the potential electrical difference between two objects and amps is the amount of current. current is what kills.

as purdy as those rails are you wouldn't want to be rubbing them when the psu is on.

Xtreme Member
    mm, current is the one that pwnes.

This is pretty extreme, but even so
    I wanna see liquid cabling dammit.

mercury maybe?

Sys1. Air - Dothan 780ES | P4GD1 - Xtreme Systems Edition - VDD mod | Corsair TWINX 1GB (2x512MB) 3200 XL PRO 2-2-3-5| XFX 7800GT

(Heatware) (New online folio!)

Xtreme Member
    liquid cabling???? wow.

tell me though, what benefits would this have over conventional cables?

here's a nugget for ya, i'm am soon awaiting a set of pure carbon cables. 48 000 filiments in just under 3mm.

should be interesting...

Xtreme Member
    dangerous or not, well done on the XS spirit. Next up: Hardlines for IDE /sata cables?
    Current: 2500k@ 4.0 // 8g Gskill // TZ68k+ // 5850 @ 900
    Best way to catch me is by PM // AKA Harmavoidance0

Xtreme Member
    this is xtreme system not xtreme caution forum

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by exhausted mule
    liquid cabling???? wow.
    no, that's his watercooling

we're looking at the copper rods..
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Member
    Ohhhhhhh

ok

Xtreme Member
    Oh **** place a ferrite/iron rod between the grounds...EEEK. If a powersurge ever comes, not only the mobo will get knocked. Prolly like everything in the room

Btw, i bet that doesnt comply with fcc rules

Xtreme Member
    Just to let everyone know, human skin can resist up to around 35v, and rough skin (lumberjacks and boatmen and such) can do up to 60v. My uncle used to be a serious competitor in single kayak races. He was an electrician by proffesion. He's russian btw. No safety involved. Touching bare live midvolt leads was his proffesion.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23

You can die of 50mA.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    enough of the stupidity. Youd have to have the 12v rails connected directly to your heart to die from it.

he did an excellent job. It looks good and works well. Thats all he wanted to do and he accomplished it. Unlike you guys, I don't take my machine apart every day and im willing to be neither does he. He did a good neat job. I kinda wish I had the room to do something similar to my case since I already have hard liquid lines in my loop. But I run a mid tower and have no were near the room he does.

enough criticizing. Different things are for different people. Not all apply to everyone.

I tip my hat to him. Good craftsmanship.
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Quote Originally Posted by Revv23

Well, I've held bare wires connected to a PSU before to keep them in place when messing with stuff and haven't gotten zapped yet.

Note the operative word there, "yet"
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Its very impressive and definately somehting I would call xtreme. The attention to detail is stunning.

Xtreme Cruncher
    sheesh 12 volts isn't gonna kill you, hell you probably can't even feel 30 volts

does touching a car battery kill you? no. does it have a large capacity of amps? yes.

in other words, touching those metal bars = fine, touching those metal bars with something metal (screwdriver, etc.) = bad

besides, i think it's manditory for all computer psu's to have short circuit protection these days, i've shorted my psu a couple times by accident, no sparks, smoke or explosion, the psu just turns off
    Last edited by [XC] MarioMaster; 09-07-2006 at 12:10 PM.

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

Xtreme Member
    that is extremely sick. i only wish i had the time and skills to do something like this. totally awesome work.

I am Xtreme
    wonder if he is an xtreme member?

That is mad crazy!
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

My own little world
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioMaster
    sheesh 12 volts isn't gonna kill you, hell you probably can't even feel 30 volts

does touching a car battery kill you? no. does it have a large capacity of amps? yes.

in other words, touching those metal bars = fine, touching those metal bars with something metal (screwdriver, etc.) = bad

besides, i think it's manditory for all computer psu's to have short circuit protection these days, i've shorted my psu a couple times by accident, no sparks, smoke or explosion, the psu just turns off
    Okay... that kinda voltage won't penetrate normal skin, but a touch of moisture etc... hello Mr Defibrilator. as has been said, current kills, not voltage. and it takes surprisingly litle to upset your heart (I have a condition (Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome), which involves the electrical pathways to my heart, so I have read up a fair bit on this)

While we are on it... current is not supplied as such, but requested/drawn from the power source... your car battery may be able to supply 300A, but unless a component (starter motor etc) draws that power down the wire, then there is no current.

Short circuit protection? Great, your PSU lives, you don't, a lot will not ract quick enough to save you.

Just be careful out there

ANYWAY.......

Cracking Mod... original thinking, especially on the support arrangement.
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Steak for Breakfast
    lol I was thinking about similar things, saw those lights hanging on steel cables at a bar, my idea was to use tiger clamps lol, but the copper pipe beat me to it.

Da Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer
    This has to be the most extreme cable management mod ever done

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1063470

I want to send my comps to this guy to CM my rigs...WOW

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Member
    i really need to learn how manage my wires

I am Xtreme
    what i really like is how hes got all the wires black, its a wonder he didnt mix them up.. lol.

The un-extreme XIP
    impressive, but couldnt he have just routed cables behind the motherboard?

i5 3570K@ 4.8GHz 1.32v, 32GB Gskill 1866, Gigabyte g1 sniper m3
    HD7970@1125/1575 stock voltage
    1TB F1+2*128GB Crucial M4
    Silverstone 450w, no case
    2560*1440@120Hz overclocked catleap
    Steelseries G6v2+5600dpi modded logitech trackball

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast