Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Use me like a 2 buck floozey!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    The highest k number 67607 I had gave me the slowest! 15-18% slower!
    I think Moddolicious (maybe wrong) had posted a conroes firgures of >6XXXXXX. Can't remember what speed though!

I'm starting to see a lot of variation between all these k/n number combinations and tests. I think I should heed what has been said on the other forums about these that they are not accurate and are only ballpark figures.

So lets extrapolate this argument... I wonder is there a way to to get the server to send us k/n combinations for fast tests? hmmmm. Because if you think about it, our credits maybe associated with these speeds. I'm sure it averages out over time though. NJ, have you had a chance to look at our stats and where we are. Check out 'Ukraine's history! Unbeliivable!
    My E6300 @ 450x7 3150mhz is running 2 clients at approx 6200000
    SOB Crunchers.
    E6300 & DS3 @ 487 X 7 3409 mhz 1.4125V Ninja
    805D & P5WD2 Premium @ 194 X 20 3885 mhz 1.40V WC
    P4 3.2 & P4C800E Dlx @ 239 X 16 3824 mhz 1.40V XP120

Ker-Pow !
    I have always run 4 instances on my DXs. Would I gain anything on 3 ?

I have put this on a 3200+ @ 2500 and its doing 11g per update which isnt too bad. Its out producing a p4@2.26 by quite a big margin on the cmes thingy.

I only have 4 machines on this at the moment and Im going quite well.
    p 4 2.26
    Dx 2.8 @2.8 (1mb cache)
    Dx 1.6 @2.94 (512k cache)
    a64 3200+ @ 2500

Thats giving me 66g per update.

Xtreme Member
    I've tried With a HT P4 and 2 instances gives more than double the output of 1 so the HT appears the more efficient way.
    I'd imagine 4 on a DX to be best.
    SOB Crunchers.
    E6300 & DS3 @ 487 X 7 3409 mhz 1.4125V Ninja
    805D & P5WD2 Premium @ 194 X 20 3885 mhz 1.40V WC
    P4 3.2 & P4C800E Dlx @ 239 X 16 3824 mhz 1.40V XP120

Hiding from the cops and people I ripped off
    Jeez I cant wait till my second kents gets here

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by njkid32
    Jeez I cant wait till my second kents gets here

I can only dream of such things.....................I would love one of those

Quote Originally Posted by PFOUR
    I've tried With a HT P4 and 2 instances gives more than double the output of 1 so the HT appears the more efficient way.
    I'd imagine 4 on a DX to be best.
    When i get home I will investigate 2 instances on >512kb cache p4 chip also. As Ive said 2 instances on my northwood (512kb cache) gave slightly less than the 1 instance. Althought the readme file said 3 instances would be 'agressive' use of the HT on a DX.! (I wonder was that readme written with a 512 or 1mb cache based DX?)
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 08-23-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Ker-Pow !
    When i get home I will investigate 2 instances on >512kb cache p4 chip also. As Ive said 2 instances on my northwood (512kb cache) gave slightly less than the 1 instance. Althought the readme file said 3 instances would be 'agressive' use of the HT on a DX.! (I wonder was that readme written with a 512 or 1mb cache based DX?)

Both my DXs have 2gb of ram. Wonder if that makes any difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Both my DXs have 2gb of ram. Wonder if that makes any difference ?
    Yep people at Ars technica said that over 512MB on a HT would be slighly beneficial to have 2 instances, and less would be better off with one instance. Theres a lot of things seemingly at play here cache/ram/timings(according to Martijn)/HT. And a lot of things to be able to adjust from the client side Affinities, number of instances, HT 'float over' effect etc etc. One would need a host of configurations and a good weekend to get a definitive picture. I can only read and think so much! Even the readme's use vague language when suggesting things. there does not seem to be any definitive talk anywhere in any guides for DX's except of course what users report back. I'm still waiting for Kaptain Blazzed to come back to me on his 3 instances per DX machine. That will tell a tale!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Movieman you floozy! I don't see you on the team roster. on seventeenorbust.com. You crunching for Boinc Synergy now!? Or have you got with de Dogs? And in reference to your scores... there is def something wrong here pal! You running anything else on those DX's? Kill 1-2 of those instances and let the others stabilise and tell me whats the score. Remember this app needs 512K Cache each! I've seen Cellys >4Ghz get poor results on this because and I guess cache problems.

EDIT: And for all you boincers, this project works great with Boinc. Running this at 50% of processor will ONLY drop boinc performance by 40% or thereabouts. You'll still be pulling in 60% of your usual Boinc credits! So thats like 110% DC performance with this combination of projects. Not sure but is this just an Intel netburst thing. Kaptain Blazzed can update you on this.

EDIT: KB will also let us know if that info on 3 clients on a DX is better than 4?
    Yes, looking at my scoring so far it's way off. Still seeing a million per client
    These are the 2mb cache Irwindales in this pig..The best that money could buy last August..3600/2mb/800's running at 3600..and thats all thats running on this machine besides me using IE,ICQ and MSN..nothing else pal..
    and yes, I am on the team..I have the box checked to not upload the individual tests? and just when the entire unit is down..Is that a mistake?
    Just unchecked that box so you stats whores will see some numbers!
    Last edited by Movieman; 08-23-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    after watching my stats for quite a few hours now, i believe that if you run 3 optimized clients on a DX you will get slightly more points than if you run 4 regular clients.

the increase is only about 5%, but every little bit counts.

the command is "sobsvc -o2" for 3 optimized clients.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Quote Originally Posted by KaptainBlaZzed
    after watching my stats for quite a few hours now, i believe that if you run 3 optimized clients on a DX you will get slightly more points than if you run 4 regular clients.

the increase is only about 5%, but every little bit counts.

the command is "sobsvc -o2" for 3 optimized clients.
    PWNED.WHAT DID I SAY GUYS! WHAT DID I SAY. KB I owe you a pint for that. Movieman, PFOUR!! ITs official, 3 instances of SOB on a DX are better than 4!! This is in the sticky!

Ker-Pow !
    Looks like I need to tweak then. Thats an extra 5% on 2 systems then.

Ker-Pow !
    Changed on the DXs lets see if we get an improvement.

Hiding from the cops and people I ripped off
    Clark is the worse cpu on SoB.. He isnt doing $hit.... Yes I have had alot to drink LMAO...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234