Thread: P5W DH raid0 set up

P5W DH raid0 set up

right i need to know if im doing the right thing. I wanted a raid0 set up so i removed one of the blue jumpers so it would work in raid0 and connected the oranger s-ata cables to EZ-RAID1 and EZ-RAID2 and then hooked them up to my two Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB. Will that work fine ? i just did wot the manual said but it didnt specifie wot s-ata cable to use do i use the red or orange. Plus i have an DVD writer that uses S-ata so i connected that to the red master Sata-1 connecter on my mobo will this be alright. any help would be great guys.
    Mobo, Asus P5W DH
    PSU, Seasonic S12 600W
    CPU, Conroe E6600 @ 3.2Ghz on stock need better cooling should get to about 3.5 with a better HSF or WC
    HDD, 2x Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB S300 in RAID 0
    GPU, 512MB Sapphire Radeon X1900 XT
    RAM, 2GB G.Skill DDR2 HZ PC2-6400
    Case, Antec P180 (couldn't get my stacker )
    Sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Fatal1ty
    Speakers, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
    Moniter, 20" Viewsonic VX2025wm TFT

BF2 Stats
    http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/47709980/

SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by panda_boy
    right i need to know if im doing the right thing. I wanted a raid0 set up so i removed one of the blue jumpers so it would work in raid0 and connected the oranger s-ata cables to EZ-RAID1 and EZ-RAID2 and then hooked them up to my two Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB. Will that work fine ? i just did wot the manual said but it didnt specifie wot s-ata cable to use do i use the red or orange. Plus i have an DVD writer that uses S-ata so i connected that to the red master Sata-1 connecter on my mobo will this be alright. any help would be great guys.
    cable colors dont matter at all. You should be fine.

Xtreme Member
    what is raid? (seriously)

The 8 second kid
    Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks. RAID 0 is aka a stripe, it sends half the data stream to each disk simultanously for amazing read/write speeds...back On Topic. the setup all sounds fine, make sure you have the optical drive's jumper set to CSL or cable select. then all should work
    A big Movieman type DUALLIE