Thread: New method of v-mod

Xtreme Member

New method of v-mod

Hey guys this method was developed by sson74 he does great work! i love being able to dissable the vmod whenever i want by simply pulling the VR out of the socket.

here is the vmod inplace in the socket

here is how you remove the vmod, just simply pull it out and now its like its not modded.

one side of the socket goes the one wire the other side goes to the other wire.

Xtreme Addict
    Hm well, I don't really see the sense in it. Why would I want to pull it out instead of turning it down? *shrug*

Xtreme Member
    well, you will always have the mod inplace even though it might not make a huge difference (high resistence), you can change to different VR (#of turns/ resistence), it makes it easier to mesure resistence of VR. ext. ext.

there are some reasons

Xtreme Member
    Indeed. Say ur pot breaks. What r u gonna do - unsoldier it? Not with my iron, which is like, bigger then my pinkie... Which is why i tie a needle to it. Man i seirously need a serious iron. Anyone wish to donate?

Xtreme Addict
    Im thinking of something similar for the vmod on a 7900GT, but instead of soldering it to the points il place a on/off swtich on the trace of the conductive ink.. that way i can turn on/off the vmod