Thread: I was ready to try human-yoyo cure

Xtreme Cruncher

Exclamation I was ready to try human-yoyo cure

Angra's production was down to the floor Then I saw just recently from stats fast recovery. I just waked from my nightmare
    (At the same time Big Deel takes a vacation).

It would be very healthful if our team could be less dependant from just a few big folders

We must've more dcers in our team, big or small, don't matter...
    ...this project deserves more attendance at XS. XtremeSystems should be overtaking other teams, NOT to eat dust (reds are overtaking us )

Folding@home is atleast oldest and biggest dc-project and the challenge is huge if XtremeSystems is aiming to the honourable places at stats.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well said mate - look at all those lovely green teams just waiting to be handed a proper beating too It's tough work climbing up the f@h stats pages, for individuals & teams, XS isn't known to shy away from such a challenge, so lets get on it!!

PS - good to see Angra back too
    Last edited by jimwah; 08-07-2006 at 08:41 AM.

I think alot of people need to get back into F@H - I've noticed that many of them who used to fold aren't anymore. I have 4 CPUs folding right now and was hoping on a 5th but the system I pieced together from spare parts isn't reliably stable, I think the mobo is a goner

Anyways I hope we can get more people folding
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've got one core on my Conroe running F@H. the other core is running Seventeen or Bust.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    I've got one core on my Conroe running F@H. the other core is running Seventeen or Bust.
    Thank you for the re-start

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    I think alot of people need to get back into F@H - I've noticed that many of them who used to fold aren't anymore.
    Now seven folders has activated themselves back to f@h again This is great One for the team

Xtreme Member
    If you don't already...advertise XS Folding in your sig, every bit helps, right?

What about some kinda membership drive...i.e. go for 100 new or again activated members in a month.
    Last edited by akijikan; 08-10-2006 at 07:14 AM.
    AMD X2 3600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz | Biostar T-Force 550 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 6400C4
    eVGA 8800GTS @ 640/2080 | Hitachi Deskstar 160GB SATA-II
    OCZ GameXStream 700w | Fuji-Plus 19" | NEC 3550a 16x DVD+RW

Quote Originally Posted by akijikan
    If you don't already...advertise XS Folding in your sig, every bit helps, right?
    Just did so last night

What about some kinda membership drive...i.e. go for 100 new or again activated members in a month.
    How would we go about doing that? I like the idea
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Yeah the how is the hard part...if we could have prizes or something...hmmmm, lol
    AMD X2 3600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz | Biostar T-Force 550 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 6400C4
    eVGA 8800GTS @ 640/2080 | Hitachi Deskstar 160GB SATA-II
    OCZ GameXStream 700w | Fuji-Plus 19" | NEC 3550a 16x DVD+RW

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan
    Yeah the how is the hard part...if we could have prizes or something...hmmmm, lol
    Perhaps we could have our own version of the Sig competition, or something similar [to promote f@h]; and to get round the issue of expensive shipping costs & donations for prizes, people with more than a few machines could donate CPU time as prizes

For example I could donate a week 24/7 folding on a machine here for the winner & perhaps help a new folder get a flying start. If we had a few ppl who could donate CPU time, we could run it for a few weeks, with a weekly winner.

I'm quite bad at organising things but changing the fah username on my opteron is easy to do & used to be good for ~200ppd iirc, which I'm happy to donate in the name of getting new members. LMK what you all think, daft idea?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwah
    Perhaps we could have our own version of the Sig competition, or something similar [to promote f@h]; and to get round the issue of expensive shipping costs & donations for prizes, people with more than a few machines could donate CPU time as prizes

For example I could donate a week 24/7 folding on a machine here for the winner & perhaps help a new folder get a flying start. If we had a few ppl who could donate CPU time, we could run it for a few weeks, with a weekly winner.

I'm quite bad at organising things but changing the fah username on my opteron is easy to do & used to be good for ~200ppd iirc, which I'm happy to donate in the name of getting new members. LMK what you all think, daft idea?
    You did it mate
    I really like that idea. Especially that how really easy it is to change account, your idea for a price... brilliant How didn't I even thought of that?
    For a such a good idea... should I fold for jimwah for a week cause he has some probs with crediting

EDIT: switching done
    Last edited by sc00p; 08-10-2006 at 11:40 AM.

A bit off topic but still somewhat related to the advertising idea...
    My F@H sig image has on the left side my team rank, Change 7d, and user rank. Yours though says team rank, user rank, and WUs. How can I change mine to show the WUs like yours instead of the change 7d?
    *EDIT* Could it be because my team rank has gone up?
    Last edited by Sparky; 08-10-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    *EDIT* Could it be because my team rank has gone up?
    Yes... http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/?nav=IMAGES -> other info,
    Last edited by sc00p; 08-10-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00p
    For a such a good idea... should I fold for jimwah for a week cause he has some probs with crediting

EDIT: switching done
    Glad you like the idea mate, but keep that machine folding for sc00p! I've got some machines sorted & folding now (my test box, the little AXP is working on a 400 pointer so we wont see him report any WU for a while!) and you will be needing the points when I eventually catch you!! Very kind offer tho', I turned in 600 points already today & finally broke 70k

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwah
    Glad you like the idea mate, but keep that machine folding for sc00p! I've got some machines sorted & folding now (my test box, the little AXP is working on a 400 pointer so we wont see him report any WU for a while!) and you will be needing the points when I eventually catch you!! Very kind offer tho', I turned in 600 points already today & finally broke 70k
    Ok... well, lets see... you'll got atleast few wus more from me (3 cpus) ...

...btw: what kind of competition we should build up? Any exact ideas?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I thought a fairly open competition, where people could create XS/f@h inspired wallpapers/sigs/avatars/whatever & submit them over the course of a week - at the end of the week (or longer?) the entries are subject to an open poll where all members could vote for their favourite. Best entrant that week gets the extra PPD.

Or, the names of new folders (or anyone with <20k?) could be put on bits of paper in a hat & drawn at random, winner gets the extra PPD for that week - simple, eh. Perhaps useful contributions/posts/efforts from newer members could get them an extra peice of paper in the hat for that week?

Either way, I have to bear in mind that I move house at the beginning of september; I'm hoping for a quick transfer from my ISP, but its fairly likely I will be offline for a week minimum at that time.

Certainly we need some good PPD on offer though, capable of putting a few K to someone's name in a week imo Thoughts?

revlimiter9000
    Count me in you guys. I've had my rig up for 4 days. I'll be shutting down soon and let my rig rest and get back into the game.