Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Unlock Conroe Core 2 Multi. Using Intel 975BX!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace-a-Rue
    Blue, will crystalcpuid allow to adjust multi downwards without EIST...AND...is this EIST on the cpu or northbridge?
    This is how you do it on the BadAxe, I asume it would work with other boards.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ght=MSR+Editor

Nevermind, just realized people were talking about this video above this post, IGNORE ME >.>
    Last edited by Sanuska; 08-11-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by charleski
    I think we should all thank The Nemesis. He made it quite clear about where he got the information and what it was. Unfortunately, it turns out this was coming from an Intel rep who didn't know what he was talking about. That reflects on Intel, not on anyone who reported what he said.

If it had been true it would have been very big news indeed, and reporting it to us merely shows a regard for this forum that we should respect.

Thank you for your efforts The Nemesis.
    Agreed. The video makes it quite clear that he was just reporting on what he was told.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL_DK
    i have done the mod on my bad axe when i had my E6700 ES i had vcore settings after i got my retail E6600 no more vcore settings.
    I have the vcore setting in BIOS with my E6600 ES but it doesnt do anything Pain in the butt to do it using the ITK. Gotta get me a condictive pen. Hmm, anyone know how to remove conductive ink by the way. just in case I have to RMA this sucker at some point.
    Last edited by MrMajestic; 08-12-2006 at 02:44 PM.
    Intel D975XBX|Intel Core 2 Duo E6700@?|Noctua NH-U12|XFX 7950GX2 520M@605/1540|Dell 2405FPW|Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic|E-MU 1820|2x1024mb Teamgroup Xtreem PC2-8000|Silverstone TJ06|Silverstone Strider ST60F 600Watt

I live in Texas. and Yes this works to unlock some Bios Features just use a conductive pen and short the last two pads its right behind the BIOS jumpers it has an OC onthe board. IT WILL NOT UNLOCK THE MULTI it will give you access to get enhanced power slope, FSB override (800,1066,1333) vcore and a couple other things

it works I will take a picture of the board is a few minutes

DP

Banned
    The vid also has him say all bad axe's at the end!! Thats a big mistake for one big nasty sweaty yank talking out of his deryair i say.

So i have sent an e-mail asking with a link to the vid and made it very strongly worded. Also have cc the mial to my ex whom works in the ES dep @ Intel to see what she can dig up!

It seamed from the vido he was under presure as all wanted to rape away at him and the rig!

FCG posted this pic!

J8J4 is the MFG Jumper ie: that small squar box nowt eles! The other bit that FCG has marked is for a Cap!

I await a suden reply off Intel! if i don't get anyhting in a few days i'll call em!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    The vid also has him say all bad axe's at the end!! Thats a big mistake for one big nasty sweaty yank talking out of his deryair i say.

So i have sent an e-mail asking with a link to the vid and made it very strongly worded. Also have cc the mial to my ex whom works in the ES dep @ Intel to see what she can dig up!

It seamed from the vido he was under presure as all wanted to rape away at him and the rig!

FCG posted this pic!

J8J4 is the MFG Jumper ie: that small squar box nowt eles! The other bit that FCG has marked is for a Cap!

I await a suden reply off Intel! if i don't get anyhting in a few days i'll call em!
    any news?
    We can just forget any hope, don't we ?

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    i thought we found out this was false
    i dont think wed forget about turning an E63 into an X68 for free
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn
    i thought we found out this was false
    i dont think wed forget about turning an E63 into an X68 for free
    Yeap - it DOENS't WORK
    It is like bios lock at default settings - nothink possible to change

I am Xtreme
    one thing to remeber is that both asus and bigtoe claim it can be done, so while im sure this isnt it, i wouldnt be too surprised if it happened someday.

the chip itself is locked, nothing to do with the bios. If you can hack the CPU itself well then maybe yes it would be possible
    e6600 3.3GHZ 1.4v
    Intel D975XBX 305 32c idle / 40c Load
    CM Stacker
    Water Cooled 2x120mm Rad and 1x120mm Rad
    X1800XT w/Tyee Block 34c idle /45c Load
    Corair XMS2 C4 4-4-4-6 2.1v

Xtreme Member

Exclamation Unlocking Multipliers Upwards

Asus apparently claim to be able to unlock multipliers upwards on some chips with new bios.

The article claims that Asus has stated. (Read Below)

Even more exciting is that ASUS says they have found a way to unlock up or down most Conroe chips.

Some Conroe chips also unlock at the top, allowing ranges to about 14x. None of our Conroe chips unlocked up, but you may be one of the lucky ones who have a Conroe that unlocks both down and up.

ASUS tells us that many Core 2 Duo chips also unlock upwards, but the upper limit is around a 14X multiplier with those chips that do unlock in both directions. If true, we're certain those chips that can unlock completely will be quickly figured out by enthusiasts and those models and steppings will become the most highly desired Core 2 Duo chips.

http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2822

If Asus has found a bios to unlock CPU multipliers, then a modified bios could do the same for BadAxe.

Last edited by Alchemist; 10-01-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Xtreme Member

Question

Is any one still reading this thread?

xtreme energy
    These statements are kinda stupid, what does it mean you might be the lucky one, heh

Only XE unlock up, that's it, other conroes will not unlock up

Xtreme Member
    isnt that an old article from august?

Xtreme Mentor
    Man Im a little late reading this but I sincerly hope this but I thought this was a dead story with no proof.
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    Is any one still reading this thread?
    Well now that you bumped it, a whole new bunch of people are going to read about it. Congratulations

Xtreme n00berclocker
    The guy was also at the PDX lan in Portland. He was a total noob. There are other videos of him trying to fiddle around in the bios and the board doesnt boot its pretty funny.

Xtreme Addict
    Guess I need to pm a mod to close this thread.............
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    before you do this, you should make your sig much smaller

but sending a pm would be a good idea, before this ends in a flame-war!
    E2160 @ 360x9, max 390x9 watercooled
    GA-P35-DS3
    Cellshock D9GMH @ 545mhz cl5-5-5-5-15
    Palit 7300gt 500/1000 @ 780/1600 watercooled

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    Well, where is the mod to close this thread?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678