Page 290 of 340 FirstFirst ... 190240280287288289290291292293300 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 8487

Thread: ASUS P5W DH - Problems + Fixes Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    tried another power supply yet?
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot
    Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!

yep i tried it on other p5w as well, vice versa psu and motherboard still it occurs only to my board

Quote Originally Posted by phoeniXfury View Post
    Hey Random Murderer...question for you. Your CPU is validated for over 3Ghz? How did you manage that? What BIOS version and what's your CPU voltage?

I get stuck at 3Ghz unstable on the Q6600 G0 in windows with an idle temperature of 25C...more voltage doesn't help at all. My E6600 ran at 3.6Ghz with old BIOS version of 1503...which I think was a little unstable with 2602.
    Welcome to the club: over 328Mhz fsb, i get an unstable system. No matter the voltage used.

Question e-sata

Question please.

In the standard motherboard setup (no ahci), is the rear panel e-sata really an e-sata port or just a standard port? If I plug a e-sata drive into this port when the computer is on, am I taking a chance of corrupting the e-sata drive or risking damaging the MB?

Not really clear about how the e-sata works in the standard setup.

Thank you

Does this mother have 1t/2t option to change in bios ? i have a problem, i have a supertalent blue 2x1gb at 5-5-5-15 2.0v 800mhz and the memtest 3.6 of windows show two errors at 8 hours approximately, but if i change de timings at 4-4-3-8 the errors are show in lower time, i think that the problem is a configuration of the bios, the timings, fsb of this motherboard maybe? (now i have setted in 400 but the processor is stable) or the ram are broken, i don´t know, help please

and what do the option "write recovery time"? how can i know what is the best clock for my RAM

thanks.
    Last edited by Donseba; 02-29-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee13168 View Post
    I managed to fix the issue however i must say this was the most insanely retarded bios issue that has ever happen to me. I tried to reinstall xp which resulted in a blue screen upon booting from the cd. Which should not happen if was a windows issue. So then i thought i would try one last thing and flash to 2004. To my amazement it worked and the system booted up all fine. This issue has to be directly related to 2602 and i recommend everyone to stay away from it because i flashed using a safe way and it caused me a whole day of headaches. Downgrading bios several times did not fix the issue so i dont even know why the last try with 2004 worked but I'm just going to stay with 2004 unless some mind blowing bios comes out that can give me 380fsb with less than 1.75nbridge. I actually had to use 1.85 in order to break that wall with earlier bios versions.
    I also had problems with the newer bios's including a hard freeze but I think not many people took notice 2004 rock solid.

Cannot Boot after Shutdown

Hi All,

I'm having a major problem with my rig: Every time I try to reboot after shutting down, I cannot past the post screen by being stuck at the Welcome screen. The only way that I can boot up again is to reset the bios.

It all started about a couple of months back with frequent "Checking NVRAM" deaths and I had to do the same thing. Then I figured it might be the BIOS and I updated to 2504, no help; then I figured it might be the power supply, changed it, no help. Finally, I found that one of the ram seems to have a problem, I took that away, it worked! But not for long. Now I'm out of luck.... Is it because my overclocking?

Configuration: P5W DH Deluxe BIOS 2504
    CPU: Intel C2D E4400 Overclocked to 3GHz
    Memory: Buffalo Firestix 3GB DDR2-600 4-4-4-11 2.1v
    Power Supply: Corsair 750W-TX

Help please!!!! Thanks!

George

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gritty View Post
    In the standard motherboard setup (no ahci), is the rear panel e-sata really an e-sata port or just a standard port? If I plug a e-sata drive into this port when the computer is on, am I taking a chance of corrupting the e-sata drive or risking damaging the MB?
    I only used my eSATA box for a while, then moved the drive inside my PC when I found myself leaving the enclosure on all day when the PC was off.

It worked fine when I plugged it in hot. The other JMicron SATA connector near there is the only other one I found that worked hot. If you attach an eSATA adapter like the one that came with my enclosure to the other SATA ports, you will have to reboot to have the drive recognized. It also gets lonely if you disconnect the drive: the PC seizes up every once in a while looking for the drive to respond.

I now use SATA trays instead, one is for backing up the PC with a pile of 500GB drives I've collected, and another is there for when I decide to fill it permanently. There's no fan on that though, so I'm going to work on that before I use it all the time. Lucky for me the SATA RAID adapter I bought at Best Buy also hot-swaps, so with it set to Big and only one drive on it, I can hot-swap either tray...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G
    Q9450 @ various settings like underclocked to 2.32Ghz until a good BIOS comes along...

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up RAID on this board......what a PITA....

I tried it like this
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldZilla View Post
    Don't make setting up a raid on the ICH7 harder than it is. It is absolutely easy to do this. For those about to try this there is nothing to it!!!
    First if you have no other computer around to put the driver onto a floppy it's ok.
    just put in your CD that came with your board and it will give you the option to use "Make disc" This will load the raid drivers onto the floppy

Now enter bios. On the "Main" page scroll down to "IDE Configuration"
    High light it and hit enter. This will open up a sub box. You are only concerned
    about the first item click on it and switch from IDE to RAID. Your done
    Hit F10 and enter. As your sytem starts to boot get ready and when prompted hit CTRL + I both together. This will open up your raid builder
    First name your raid setup. Mine is "Welder" then decide on the block size and so on. When finished hit the Y and enter. When it restarts this time have your windows disc in and your floppy at the ready.
    Windows will look over your configuration then you will be prompted to hit F-6
    if you have any 3rd party devices . you now hit F6 i always give it a few taps.
    Probably not necessary but I do. Soon you will be prompted to decide whether you want to install any 3rd party devices. YOU DO!, so hit "S" the insert your floppy disc and hit enter. A list will come up for you to go through. you want the ICH7 but there are 3 to choose from!!
    The first is ICH7 for Notebooks
    The Second is ICH7 (RAID) for Desktops
    The Third will say ICH7 AHCI for Desktops..
    MAKE SURE you Choose "ICH7 RAID for Desktops" and hit enter As the windows loading process continues I do the slow format. You can do the quick.

you will while installing windows get a couple alerts that your software does not meet Microsoft's BS just hit ignore and keep installing. Then another will come up saying that your raid drivers has not passed window's BS just ignore and keep loading Windows and soon you wioll be validating and putting on over 100 updates including SP2 and IE7 and WMP11 and you will need WME to run PCmarks and don't forget your Virus scanner. And it will all be good.
    I have this fresh in my mind cuz i just set up a raid and finished the last update about 30minutes ago.
    Remember, Don't over think this stuff. It is all very easy. I have installed all the necessities off the P5W DH disc now I need to put on some utilities and do a little straigfhtening of this little baby's files

Good luck to you and Remember to chose correctly between 32bit and 64bit drivers

Keep it Simple!!

WZ
    but when I start installing windows and prompts me to press F6 I have no power in the keyboard....it powers on when windows starts installing(when it asks if you want to install XP, repair or quit).
    I just can't figure out how to load the RAID drivers.
    I have 2 500 GB 7200.11s in the 2 black SATA connectors(SATA 3 and 4). I tried to leave the jumper on or taking it off...same .

Any ideas before I torch this mother??

Thanks fellas.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up RAID on this board......what a PITA....

I tried it like this

but when I start installing windows and prompts me to press F6 I have no power in the keyboard....it powers on when windows starts installing(when it asks if you want to install XP, repair or quit).
    I just can't figure out how to load the RAID drivers.
    I have 2 500 GB 7200.11s in the 2 black SATA connectors(SATA 3 and 4). I tried to leave the jumper on or taking it off...same .

Any ideas before I torch this mother??

Thanks fellas.
    I'm guessing you have a USB keyboard. If you have a PS2 keyboard, use that for the install. If not, then check you have 'Legacy USB' enabled - this 'should' allow the USB keyboard to be recognised during the install.

Alternatively, you could slipstream the RAID drivers onto the WinXP installation CD with nLite.

I just bought a PS2 keyboard from the thrift store....wasted 3 dollars.

Now the kb has power during the install(num luck light is on all the time) but still teh system doesn't respond when I hit F6.
    After that it prompts you to press F2 if you want to start automatic system recovery...when I press F2 it works....uningbeliavable

any other ideas?

thanks

hello everybody,

i got my E8500 and change to bios 2602...my board revision is 1.02 (the old one)
    i´m not able to fix the multi manually at 9,5...i can´t select the half mutli...
    also the vcore only works at AUTO...manually i can select 1,45 to 1,7...but it doesn´t work, if i select 1,45V...

does anybody know the problems?

thanks godsmack
    Last edited by Godsmack; 03-02-2008 at 02:56 AM.
    Core2Duo E8500 @ 3,61 GHz 1,2V (Thermalright IFX-14);
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe; 3072 Mbyte G.E.I.L. CL4 800;
    Samsung 250GB SATA; Seagate 80GB IDE; LG 4163B;
    LiteOn LH-18A1H im Mapower MAP-KC51U2C;
    8800 GTS 640MB @ 675 (1674) / 1053
    BeQuiet P5 470W
    Silverstone TJ07
    Vista Home Premium

Xtreme Cruncher
    Half multi's don't exist on Intel.. only AMD

Don't know about your vcore problem.

I updated to 2602 yesterday, works OK except that EIST doesn't seem to work on it's own anymore. I needed to enable C1E too. 2406 worked fine with just EIST enabled..
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Member
    That's no longer true. The new E8x00 processors from Intel now use half multis.

Eg. E8500 runs on 9.5 multi @ 333Mhz = 3.16GHz.

I think the board will require a new BIOS to handle this. Whether Asus will provide one or not is another question.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Oh ok, haven't been paying much attention recently :P

EDIT: But surely this will be a chipset issue. I'm pretty certain 975x can't run half multis..
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Member
    I think you're right.

Just checked compatibility on Intel's website and their 975 chipset is not compatible with the E8500 processor.

Xtreme Member
    I just bought a PS2 keyboard from the thrift store....wasted 3 dollars.

Now the kb has power during the install(num luck light is on all the time) but still teh system doesn't respond when I hit F6.
    After that it prompts you to press F2 if you want to start automatic system recovery...when I press F2 it works....uningbeliavable

any other ideas?

thanks
    Very strange .

Did you try to add the drivers onto the WinXP installation CD?

the bios recognize the E8500 and it´s using the 9,5 multi...but in the bios i onley can switch between 6-9 multi...9,5 doesn´t available...
    actualley my system runs with 9,5*380...

i hope asus will published an new bios wich give better support to EIST, C1E, manually vcore settibgs and 9,5 mutli
    Core2Duo E8500 @ 3,61 GHz 1,2V (Thermalright IFX-14);
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe; 3072 Mbyte G.E.I.L. CL4 800;
    Samsung 250GB SATA; Seagate 80GB IDE; LG 4163B;
    LiteOn LH-18A1H im Mapower MAP-KC51U2C;
    8800 GTS 640MB @ 675 (1674) / 1053
    BeQuiet P5 470W
    Silverstone TJ07
    Vista Home Premium

Does this mother have 1t/2t option to change in bios ? i have a problem, i have a supertalent blue 2x1gb at 5-5-5-15 2.0v 800mhz and the memtest 3.6 of windows show two errors at 8 hours approximately, but if i change de timings at 4-4-3-8 the errors are show in lower time, i think that the problem is a configuration of the bios, the timings, fsb of this motherboard maybe? (now i have setted in 400 but the processor is stable) or the ram are broken, i don´t know, help please

and what do the option "write recovery time"? how can i know what is the best clock for my RAM

thanks.

I have problem with my computer after half year. When I turn it on, from outlook everything work well like fans, light.... But mostly it does not post anything on the monitor. It always says "No signal".

However sometimes (rarely) when I turn on it works normally. I notice it only works when the light on the case blinks during booting process.

I tried to test PSU. Chipset, VGA Card, HDD in anther computer and they are working fine. The only thing left is mobo.

What's wrong with my mobo? Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ~aoe~ View Post
    Very strange .

Did you try to add the drivers onto the WinXP installation CD?
    I got it installed but then I killed one hdd and fried the mobo....
    looking for another mobo now

thanks anyway

Xtreme Addict
    Ash:
    90% chance it's the memory.
    Try a different set of RAM in that computer and I bet it will work every time.
    Alternatively, try your existing Ram in another PC....

Xtreme Member
    I got it installed but then I killed one hdd and fried the mobo....
    looking for another mobo now

thanks anyway
    Did you rma your board? I will buy your rma'ed board if you do...
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHz / VID 1.15V / BIO 1.325V / Load 1.22V / LLC disable
    HSF: TRUE Black + Scythe Ultra Kaze @ 1590rpm
    MB: Asus Rampage Formula + Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX on NB + Enzotech CNB-S1L on SB / 450 x9 / 1:1 / BIO 0803
    RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) OCZ DDR2 800 @ 900MHz / 5-5-5-18 / 2.2v / tRD 8
    VGA: Evga 9800GX2 / 600 core / 1500 memory / 1000 shader
    PSU: Corsair HX1000
    HD: 4x Western Digital 1TB Black
    -------------------------------------------- 3DMARK06: 21108 (result) | 3DMARK Vantage: P13541 (result)
    --------------------------------------------

Xtreme Member
    I'm probably going to be selling mine in the next couple weeks if you're interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashikaa View Post
    I have problem with my computer after half year. When I turn it on, from outlook everything work well like fans, light.... But mostly it does not post anything on the monitor. It always says "No signal".

However sometimes (rarely) when I turn on it works normally. I notice it only works when the light on the case blinks during booting process.

I tried to test PSU. Chipset, VGA Card, HDD in anther computer and they are working fine. The only thing left is mobo.

What's wrong with my mobo? Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Ash:
    90% chance it's the memory.
    Try a different set of RAM in that computer and I bet it will work every time.
    Alternatively, try your existing Ram in another PC....
    I tried but Any possible solution? I really dont want to buy a new one.

Page 290 of 340 FirstFirst ... 190240280287288289290291292293300 ... LastLast