Page 312 of 340 FirstFirst ... 212262302309310311312313314315322 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 8487

Thread: ASUS P5W DH - Problems + Fixes Thread

Xtreme Member
    rev 1.04G able to set low Vcore in older BIOSes

Can anyone help me. For some reason whenever I have my usb cable plugged into my pc from my printer my pc takes an extra minute or two to boot or sometimes it does't boot it just keeps checking on the usb port, anyone know how to fix this thanks

Xtreme Member
    Southern ITALY - Thus, sorry for my bad english!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDDD View Post
    Can anyone help me. For some reason whenever I have my usb cable plugged into my pc from my printer my pc takes an extra minute or two to boot or sometimes it does't boot it just keeps checking on the usb port, anyone know how to fix this thanks
    Hi,
    you should either turn off your printer (and turn it on after boot) or reduce "ide detect time" (or a setting like this...) from BIOS

I was interested on buying the Q9450 but I saw here the vcore setting problem.

So I looked at my board revision which was 1.02g.

Then I went into the bios. Its version 2602. I entered the manual vcore settings and I discovered that I was able to select from 1.225v and above.

Look at the screenshot:

So Im able to put a 45nm processor on?
    Last edited by drillgr; 08-07-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drillgr View Post
    I was interested on buying the Q9450 but I saw here the vcore setting problem.

So I looked at my board revision which was 1.02g.

Then I went into the bios. Its version 2602. I entered the manual vcore settings and I discovered that I was able to select from 1.225v and above.

Look at the screenshot:

So Im able to put a 45nm processor on?
    The vcore problem refers only to 45nm chips!

Ah, so I m able to see voltages below 1.4 now with a 65nm prossecor but when I put a 45 the problem will appear?

I have an E8400 and am able to set voltages from 1.225 and above.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 / BIOS F10E
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 oc'd to 3.70 GHz (436*8.5) v1.26
    G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2-800 (872 MHz)
    ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm

Quote Originally Posted by freeza View Post
    I have an E8400 and am able to set voltages from 1.225 and above.
    Then you are probably lucky enough to have one of the later revisions of the P5WDH. If you would like to confirm this, you could check your motherboard between the RAM slot and CPU. The revision number is usually printed below where it says ASUS P5W..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
    Then you are probably lucky enough to have one of the later revisions of the P5WDH. If you would like to confirm this, you could check your motherboard between the RAM slot and CPU. The revision number is usually printed below where it says ASUS P5W..
    Cpu-z reads it correctly to iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin_The_Martian View Post
    Cpu-z reads it correctly to iirc
    Hmm, I just tried Cpu-z 1.46 and for my 1.02g revision, it just shows 'revision 1.xx'.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
    Hmm, I just tried Cpu-z 1.46 and for my 1.02g revision, it just shows 'revision 1.xx'.
    Turns out that mine is a 1.02G (but a later model with 1.85v vMCH) too, same report with CPU-Z ON BIOS 2801.

Don't have a 45nm to confirm if Vcore works properly with this 1.85v revision though. For now, 2801 seems working fine - S3 sleep/resume is OK too.
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot
    Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drillgr View Post
    Ah, so I m able to see voltages below 1.4 now with a 65nm prossecor but when I put a 45 the problem will appear?
    Probably yes

Xtreme Member
    Ah, well, I guess since I have the 45nm problem I'll have to go ahead and flash to 2801 to see if it continues or not. I'll aim for Saturday.

The next motherboard will NOT make me pull the battery. Don't care what features I miss out on. Putting my foot down now...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G
    Q9450 @ various settings like underclocked to 2.32Ghz until a good BIOS comes along...

Xtreme Member
    I'm not getting anything but AUTO, no matter what I disable. I checked the manual but it's way out of date now: what's supposed to be disabled to get multiple vCore values to pick from?...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G
    Q9450 @ various settings like underclocked to 2.32Ghz until a good BIOS comes along...

Xtreme Addict
    Don't you have to set the cpu settings first, and then save and exit BIOS, before any manual settings become available? That's how I remember it always after every BIOS flash...

Xtreme Member
    I thought I'd saved and exited several times, but now I go back and look and the manual range of vCore is available again but is still 1.45V through 1.7something.

Virtualization is also something you have to choose early after a flash: I can't touch it now.

So either the message about voltage problems isn't getting through, or they just think the early revisions have been replaced by now and refuse to support them properly. I'll have to call in to the folks who supplied BIOS chips before and see if they can transfer me to somebody who might help talk to the BIOS group...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G

Quote Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post
    I'm not getting anything but AUTO, no matter what I disable. I checked the manual but it's way out of date now: what's supposed to be disabled to get multiple vCore values to pick from?...
    You sure you disabled the automatic fans? Forgot what its called, but there's an option to make the fan's rotate depending on the heat of the processor. It has to be off to change the cpu's voltage.

I always forget that one myself.

Xtreme Member
    Post above yours shows it finally did allow manual...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G

Xtreme Member
    guys I got a 8800gt a couple of weeks ago and noticed the slow bios problems others pointed out, I did some research over the last day or so and initially thought its because this board has pci-e 1.0a slots which apperently are not very compatible with the 8800gt pci-e 2.0 cards. My 3d performance is fine, 2d performance in windows seems slightly slower than my 7600gt was. But it seems there is some kind of generic problems with all the 8800s on this board in the bios? even the pci-e 1.0 versions. Its not a major problem just bit annoying browsing the bios feels like I am on a 386 but at least I can see the post now, before it was too fast as my tft doesnt adjust fast enough.

hey guys, i have a 45nm processor (E7200) with a p5w dh deluxe rev 1.04g and i'm not able to modify the vcore, it just says AUTO, and nothing can be done
    i've already tried all the posible solutions, i flashed the bios twice, from 2602 to 2704, and later 2801
    if someone find the solution please help!!
    thanks!

Ok, after a week talking with asus technical support, they answered me this:

The problem was notified to our engineers, please be patient until the fixed bios will be released, you'll be able to download it from the ASUS support website, thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmermoz View Post
    Ok, after a week talking with asus technical support, they answered me this:

The problem was notified to our engineers, please be patient until the fixed bios will be released, you'll be able to download it from the ASUS support website, thanks!
    Yesterday's call to support was a waste, when they never called back. Hopefully this message really MEANS something. Thanks...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmermoz View Post
    hey guys, i have a 45nm processor (E7200) with a p5w dh deluxe rev 1.04g and i'm not able to modify the vcore, it just says AUTO, and nothing can be done
    i've already tried all the posible solutions, i flashed the bios twice, from 2602 to 2704, and later 2801
    if someone find the solution please help!!
    thanks!
    I ended up using the computer for most of the day before looking back at the BIOS showed manual voltages. Never did figure out if something I disabled did the trick...
    P5W DH Deluxe 1.02G

Xtreme Addict
    What shows manual voltages is making sure the speedstep stuff is disabled, and setting up the CPU configuration and saving/exiting BIOS at least once. You can never set manual voltages right after a BIOS flash, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    What shows manual voltages is making sure the speedstep stuff is disabled, and setting up the CPU configuration and saving/exiting BIOS at least once. You can never set manual voltages right after a BIOS flash, ever.
    Not all the processors have the speedstep option to disable or enable, for example, my e7200 doesn't..

Page 312 of 340 FirstFirst ... 212262302309310311312313314315322 ... LastLast