Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DQ6 - new build problems

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheb1ues
    boots fine with my DQ6 541MHz 3-4-3-9 2.4v

http://imageshack.us]
    have you primed that stable? HZ does 1080 with 2.4?

X.I.P
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dower
    G.SKILL tech says ZX with 0605 and above are Micron D9, 0604 and below are Elpidia.
    no you made mistake
    is "5400" 2GBZX and "6400" 2GBHZ
    6400 2GBZX is not D9

Xtreme Member
    Only promlem I'm having with the DQ6 regarding memory is that CPUZ cannot report the ratio or the frequency, not sure why this is as I'm using 1.35.

My HZ runs fine on it, only tested it to 510mhz at 4-4-4-x 2.2v though.

Xtreme Mentor
    Same here, does not report ratio/frequency.

Xtreme Mentor

More DQ6 quirks

I have an issue with the Gigabyte DQ6 and the onboard JMicron JMB363 controller.

If you enable this device in bios and set it to IDE mode and look in Device Manager it shows up and standard Intel Primary/Secondary IDE channels/controller.

However, on Windows Update it shows a driver update from JMicron dated July 24th 2006, WHQL, version 1.14 driver.

If i install this driver i get 2 SCSI controller shows up and one has a yellow mark staing that the device cannot start, any idea what is going on?

Thread 6 merged! Please, try to keep it all in one thread, not create 6 separate threads within 2 days just to add another issue you're having with the board. Thanks! - bachus_anonym
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 08-07-2006 at 03:31 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dower
    I have an issue with the Gigabyte DQ6 and the onboard JMicron JMB363 controller.

If you enable this device in bios and set it to IDE mode and look in Device Manager it shows up and standard Intel Primary/Secondary IDE channels/controller.

However, on Windows Update it shows a driver update from JMicron dated July 24th 2006, WHQL, version 1.14 driver.

If i install this driver i get 2 SCSI controller shows up and one has a yellow mark staing that the device cannot start, any idea what is going on?

I had that issue.

I got the lastest drivers off of gigabytes site, now my BenQ reads-

BENQ DVD DD DW1640

Before, it read as SCSI... lots of quarks with this stupid board. Process is still slow. Coming along though/
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

Xtreme Mentor
    The issue is, the JMicron controller is listed under SCSI and RAID Controllers, obviously it's been rebranded as "Gigabyte GBB36X Contoler".

Then my Plextor 716SA is listed under DVD-ROM/CD Drives as "Plextor DVDR PX-716A SCSI CdRom Device"....now i've no problem with this....is issue is Windows XP no longer recognises as the device with burning properties, Media Player 10 does not see the drive and you can't burn files with said drive.

In My Computer under Devices with Removable Storage my Plextor is listed, DVD-RW Drive...if you click on properties there WAS a dialoge box to show burning properties, "enable cd burning" etc.

That dialogue box is now gone...any idea why?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm installing XP pro on my benchmark computer now as I type this and just want to report a conflict between Pioneer DVR-108 combo drive and this boards ICHR8 when installing O/S in Raid0 from this controller.
    Signature? are you kidding? with new stuff coming out every day, why bother ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12