Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward: official GIGA 965P-S3/DS3/DS4/DQ6 beta BIOS

Quick Q:
    Anyone know if there is an issue with PCI 2.1 and the DS3?
    I read a review somewhere saying that those devices will not work in the DS3 since they are "older?" PCI?

Only reason I worry is that my sound blaster x-fi card says under requirements available PCI 2.1 slot. Luckly this is the only pci card I will be using for now.

So first off is this true or only an issue on some of the boards? Secondly is there a fix?

I guess I will just wait to see in a few days once i get my ram.

Thanks...maybe the newer bios have fixed this.

Quote Originally Posted by vsamaco
    Go to device manager from system. Under IDE ATA/Atapi controller, right click on primary ide channel (maybe multiple) for properties. Should be under advanced settings tab =>transfer mode.
    Great, thanks alot.
    NEC 20WMGX2 20.1" | Antec P180 | E6400 | Gigabyte DS3 | 2GB OCZ EL PC6400 | ATI X1900XTX | SB X-Fi XtremeMusic | 200GB SATAII | 320GB SATA (Storage) | Plextor PX-755SA | OCZ 600w GamersXstream | Atech 11-in-1 Card Reader | Logitech G15 | Logitech G7

Xtreme Legend
    i'm on the new bios for DS3 and there's no change in terms of OCing.......if anything it's a bit worse for Allendale....but considering DMA fix it's ok

they REALLY need to put the RAM dividers in for sub 1:1

i don't understand why they aren't doing it................
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris583
    Quick Q:
    Anyone know if there is an issue with PCI 2.1 and the DS3?
    I read a review somewhere saying that those devices will not work in the DS3 since they are "older?" PCI?

Only reason I worry is that my sound blaster x-fi card says under requirements available PCI 2.1 slot. Luckly this is the only pci card I will be using for now.

So first off is this true or only an issue on some of the boards? Secondly is there a fix?

I guess I will just wait to see in a few days once i get my ram.

Thanks...maybe the newer bios have fixed this.
    My X-Fi sounds beautiful on my DS3. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy
    My X-Fi sounds beautiful on my DS3. No worries.
    Xcellent
    I'm much relieved

Xtreme Legend
    RAM OCing was farked

back to F3

F3=good

Last edited by dinos22; 08-04-2006 at 09:21 AM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22
    RAM OCing was farked

back to F3

ok you cant make a statement like that and NOT tell us why you say that.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    ok you cant make a statement like that and NOT tell us why you say that.
    right, and F3 what??
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

I am Xtreme

not too shaby
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    is that still stock volts? if so very nice

Is it possible to update DS3 Bios from usb stick using Q-Flash?

I looked in the manual and it only talks about floppy, and I dont have one.
    NEC 20WMGX2 20.1" | Antec P180 | E6400 | Gigabyte DS3 | 2GB OCZ EL PC6400 | ATI X1900XTX | SB X-Fi XtremeMusic | 200GB SATAII | 320GB SATA (Storage) | Plextor PX-755SA | OCZ 600w GamersXstream | Atech 11-in-1 Card Reader | Logitech G15 | Logitech G7

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...flashBIOS.aspx

w/o os installed, floppy only way
    w/ os installed, use @bios software

Xtreme Member

not too shaby

LOVE your results Lestat. I just pray that others including myself can do the same with RETAIL E6600!!
    Silverstone CW02 HTPC Chassi
    Q6600
    2 x GB Mushkin PC1066
    GA-X38-DQ6
    Scythe Ninja Rev B
    3WARE 9650SE 4Lane RAID Controller
    1xRAPTOR 150GB
    4x500GB 1.5TB RAID 5 ARRAY
    8800GTS(G92) 512MB
    700Watt Thermaltake Modular PSU

Xtreme Member
    yeah, he's running an es, so retail is still up in the air on what they'll do.

Xtreme Member
    VSMACO DQ6 users cant update whith @bios

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by vsamaco
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...flashBIOS.aspx

w/o os installed, floppy only way
    w/ os installed, use @bios software

wait wait wait,,,

with os installed or without os installed it makes absolutely no difference. not when your talking about HOW to flash the bios.

use a usb stick. it works fine.
    maybe because mine is seen as a floppy drive.

and if at all possible never ever flash your motherboard using an OS software. that is the best way to kill your motherboard. you cant imagine how many people come here with botched boards cuz something happened during the flash procedure using the OS, or they rebooted and it bombed.

i HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT use the windows @bios software to update the bios.

people will do what they will and disregard warnings. but i stand behind that statement.
    dont flash using windows software.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    wait wait wait,,,

with os installed or without os installed it makes absolutely no difference. not when your talking about HOW to flash the bios.

use a usb stick. it works fine.
    maybe because mine is seen as a floppy drive.

and if at all possible never ever flash your motherboard using an OS software. that is the best way to kill your motherboard. you cant imagine how many people come here with botched boards cuz something happened during the flash procedure using the OS, or they rebooted and it bombed.

i HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT use the windows @bios software to update the bios.

people will do what they will and disregard warnings. but i stand behind that statement.
    dont flash using windows software.

I'm unable to get my board to boot from a USB drive. The same drive works in my laptop, but all 4 USB boot options don't work for me on the DS3. Any ideas? Do i need to format it differently for this board?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by toddm27
    is that still stock volts? if so very nice

oh gawd no. but i sure wish that was stock volts.

for being a low wattage chip this things sure get warm when you start getting close to 1.4v even on water.
    but then again with the heat the way it is and no A/C in my PC room...
    im about ready to sit my RAD on a container of Dry Ice!!

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member

for being a low wattage chip this things sure get warm when you start getting close to 1.4v even on water.
    wishfull thinking, we'll see how some of the retail chips start doing soon hopefully

Xtreme Mentor

The heat seems to be a problem on all of the conroe boards at the moment, especially with vcore on the rise..
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp
    I'm unable to get my board to boot from a USB drive. The same drive works in my laptop, but all 4 USB boot options don't work for me on the DS3. Any ideas? Do i need to format it differently for this board?

hhmm mine is distinctly seen as a floppy drive so i imagine thats why it works for me i guess.

you can also use a USB floppy so. again thats why i imagine it works for me.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Sry if this is late lol... but i am very happy to see the raid issue solved. So with the F4c bios the issue has been solved? nothing else needed just that bios or any other drivers ?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp
    The USB drive depending how its formatted might appear in the Hard Drive section. Plug it in and go into the bios and look at the Hard Drive boot order. If its in the list just change it to the first device (usb stick needs to be setup as a dos boot disk).

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by hopester
    The USB drive depending how its formatted might appear in the Hard Drive section. Plug it in and go into the bios and look at the Hard Drive boot order. If its in the list just change it to the first device (usb stick needs to be setup as a dos boot disk).

no no no

and setting up a usb stick as a dos boot disk can be a pain in the a$$ becaus only certain usb drives are capable of doing so.

go into the bios and use the F8 option for the QBios.
    thats all you do not need to boot to a dos floppy and flash that way.
    that is 100% ok though you can do that to. there is nothing wrong with that.
    but the usb drive is used in the Qbios. not dos.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    One thing I noticed as I started to overclock is that the northbridge is HOT!

Even at only 300fsb x 8 with the e6400 and 30 minutes of priming, it's very warm, the entire heatsink is.

I'm using one of these coolermaster sinks on there with AS5.. the entire aluminum portion of the sink is quite warm, at least I know the sink is doing it's job well... northbridge temp reads 42 degrees after 20 minutes of priming and seems to stablize there at 300fsb at least... now at 325.

http://www.xoxide.com/cooler-master-blue-ice-2.html

I shudder at the idea of what that poor northbridge is going through for those using the stock heatsink, even with a fan, trying to push that fsb above 450 with it. Even the southbridge is warm enough where I may consider replacing it with something else.
    Last edited by dissident; 08-04-2006 at 05:17 PM.

Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast