Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward: official GIGA 965P-S3/DS3/DS4/DQ6 beta BIOS

I am Xtreme
    well now comes the real test.

im reloading with a raid stripe.
    so lets keep our fingers crossed!
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    oh yeah baby DMA mode is back!!!

if you dont use raid and you installed the Gigabyte Sata drivers UNINSTALL THEM!!
    DMA mode is now fully working!!

if you have raid they should be working also

god dang its about time. i knew they ould fix it with a bios update!!
    you wanna say im wrong now ? be my guest.

dvd program such as windvd and power dvd and nero dvd tools are now 100% working at full speed.
    no more HUGE delays or lockups of those programs.
    they working.

man keep it coming gigabyte keep it coming!!
    Mine is still in PIO mode as I using Raid-0. How do I correct this?
    eVga 780i SLI
    E8400@4.2ghz(483x9)@1.44v Cooled by Coolit Elite
    2xXFX Alpha Dog Edition 8800GT's 702/1890/2000 on stock cooling.
    2x1GB OCZ pc8500 4,4,4,12 1T@2.75v
    2xWD 150GB Raptor-X in Raid-0
    PC Power & Cooling 750Watt Quad Silencer
    Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic
    Samsung 244t 24" Widescreen LCD
    20,001 3DMark06 WinXP SP2
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=302461

I am Xtreme
    damn it now im getting that stupid.

cant find XXX driver, if your using a cdrom make sure the cdrom is in the drive.
    this is because i am using the F6 option to laod the RAID drivers.
    damn it i hate this type of error because there s no fix. XP just does this whenever it wants to for no reason.

i tried skipping them since they are already loaded into ram. but when it rebooted i got a Stop 0x07B error which is inaccessible boot device. which is funny cuz i got the windows XP loading screen.
    ggrr. must have been referring to the cdroms.

oh well back to the grind stone to see whatn i can find out.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    bad boy.... hhmm.....

right click the 3rd Primary ide device in device manager and chose to uninstall,
    then reboot. see if it changes.

ok. you did install this F4c bios right,, just making sure.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    So Lestat,
    does this mean I can RAID0 my Raptors AND run my 2 IDE DVD burners in UDMA??
    I'm on F4c right now...

Xtreme Member
    nice so almost all problems have been fixed with this bios, that's awesome, just give us the higher fsb for a 9x multi and I'm a happy camper

I am Xtreme
    to ensure that i am giving you gentlemen the most accurate information that i can possibly give you, unlike some people who seem to think i blow smoke out my arse, even after i can back up every statement i make. i am double and triple checking everything.

my earlier statement was made NOT using raid. now the thing is, if you didnt use raid, your devices still had trouble using DMA mode, infact they actually would be a SCSI device because of the way the gigabyte controller drivers treated that IDE device.

i uninstalled those drivers because you dont need the gigabyte drivers to run standard raid. infac ti would advice against using them. the gigabyte sata controller is a legacy device you dont need sata drivers. i installed them during my late nights of testing.

i currently have destroyed my perfectly running windows install to test the raid function for everyone.
    but currently for some reason am having some issue with the F6 install drivers from the gigabyte website. incase some of you didnt know they just released new gigabyte raid drivers yesterday, funny they release a new beta bios and new raid drivers at the same time. hhmm and they had the balls to tell me they couldnt duplicate the issue ? pfpfpf..

anyways. im trying to help everyone here not just myself.
    i want everyone to know beyond a doubt that this is gunna work or not under raid and non raid.

so say what you will about me but dont ever doubt my dedication to helping those of us with issues and standing behind my statements with pure evidence when i make such statements.

i will have more results for you all in a while.
    right now i need to figure out why the NEW f6 drivers are having issues during the XP install.

please bear with me everyone.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    bad boy.... hhmm.....

right click the 3rd Primary ide device in device manager and chose to uninstall,
    then reboot. see if it changes.

ok. you did install this F4c bios right,, just making sure.
    They are still PIO mode.
    eVga 780i SLI

I am Xtreme
    ok download and install the new raid drivers from the gigabyte site. see if those help you.

i cant think of anything else...

but i will look into it.

you can also try going back to the old drivers off the cd if you ARE using the new raid ones.

i still cant get the new F6 drivers to work it keeps telling me it cant find the jraid even though it looks right at the floppy and reads it it says it cant find it,
    im sure many of you guys have seen this.
    not sure why it does it.. so i reformatted the floppy and am using the drivers off the CD

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the manual reset issue has been reported ~

I am Xtreme
    thanks Ken!!!

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    ok well i have no idea wth is going on but the only way i could get XP to load was the slipstream the raid drivers into the isntall using NLite.

so xp is loading right now on a raid stripe.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kenofstephen
    the manual reset issue has been reported ~
    Thanks! It surely is a pain in the arse to have to do!

Xtreme Member
    ok well i have no idea wth is going on but the only way i could get XP to load was the slipstream the raid drivers into the isntall using NLite.

so xp is loading right now on a raid stripe.
    hey lestat,

i am sure a lot of ppl are holding on to their breaths waiting for your raid results. I hope it works out.

regards,

karan

Xtreme Member
    ok download and install the new raid drivers from the gigabyte site. see if those help you.

i cant think of anything else...

but i will look into it.

you can also try going back to the old drivers off the cd if you ARE using the new raid ones.

i still cant get the new F6 drivers to work it keeps telling me it cant find the jraid even though it looks right at the floppy and reads it it says it cant find it,
    im sure many of you guys have seen this.
    not sure why it does it.. so i reformatted the floppy and am using the drivers off the CD
    Doesn't do anything at all. What is the date for these drivers? I got the one off of their site. They are dated 6/16/06.
    eVga 780i SLI

I am Xtreme
    the ones on their site right now are 8/x/2006

SATA RAID
    Download Date Description Version Size
    Download 2006/08/02 GIGABYTE SATA2 RAID Driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)
    O.S. : Windows XP 64Bit 1.12.01.00 0.08 MB
    Download 2006/08/02 GIGABYTE SATA2 RAID Driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)
    O.S. : Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows Sever 2003 1.12.01.00 0.08 MB
    Download 2006/08/01 GIGABYTE SATA2 RAID Driver
    O.S. : Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows XP 64Bit 1.12.01.00 2.28 MB

Aug 1st 2006

make sure your looking at the DS3 and not the S3 or the 4 model or the DQ6 model.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Legend
    good to see new bios updates

any overclock updates?

lestat what was your previous OC compared to 420MHz stable and bootable now
    Last edited by dinos22; 08-04-2006 at 12:30 AM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    the ones on their site right now are 8/x/2006

Aug 1st 2006

make sure your looking at the DS3 and not the S3 or the 4 model or the DQ6 model.
    This is the ones I am using. How come CPU-Z still reads my bios as F1?
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2314
    Last edited by badboy; 08-04-2006 at 02:15 AM.
    eVga 780i SLI

Xtreme Member
    guys what is the max vdimm of DS4 mobo?

Yesterday, I was able to setup a raid1 with fc4 bios and newer sata raid drivers. The installation went off with little trouble. For some reason... the message about not verified for windows and usb keyboard not working to continue is annoying!!! Plugged in a ps2 keyboard and installed successfully even after second attempt. My DVD drive was set to DMA mode with these new drivers and raid activated.

Thanks lestat for the suggestions! Time to overclock this d805 while I wait to order e6600.

I am Xtreme
    DMA mode is fully working.
    so as of now no more worries.

this was fixed with the bios not the drivers, incase anyone was wondering.

didnt get to do any testing last night as i was already up late trying to get windows updated and drivers installed.

i will finish all that up and do more tonight.

as of now im at a wall at 420mhz. its kinda flakey though but 415 100% perfect.
    before 410 was flakey and sometimes didnt even boot.
    so not a huge improvement but its a step forward on the FSB limits of the 9x or higher cpu's.

we need some people with 6700's and 6800's to report in.
    some ES models and retail models.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    as of now im at a wall at 420mhz. its kinda flakey though but 415 100% perfect.
    before 410 was flakey and sometimes didnt even boot.
    so not a huge improvement but its a step forward on the FSB limits of the 9x or higher cpu's.
    Sweet. Maybe we can end this "965 is no good for 4MB cache chips" garbage soon.

I'm feeling better and better about my DS3 purchase.

Xtreme Member
    DMA mode is fully working.
    so as of now no more worries.

this was fixed with the bios not the drivers, incase anyone was wondering.
    Will the updated BIOS allow my DVD-RW drive to be recognized as an IDE device instead of SCSI?
    BIOSTAR TP67B+ | RPP 750W
    Core i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz | TRUE
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro | X-Fi Titanium
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Sapphire HD 7950 3L

Sorry for the noobish question. But I am getting a DS3 today. How can I verify that it is in DMA mode?
    NEC 20WMGX2 20.1" | Antec P180 | E6400 | Gigabyte DS3 | 2GB OCZ EL PC6400 | ATI X1900XTX | SB X-Fi XtremeMusic | 200GB SATAII | 320GB SATA (Storage) | Plextor PX-755SA | OCZ 600w GamersXstream | Atech 11-in-1 Card Reader | Logitech G15 | Logitech G7

Go to device manager from system. Under IDE ATA/Atapi controller, right click on primary ide channel (maybe multiple) for properties. Should be under advanced settings tab =>transfer mode.

Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast