Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward: official GIGA 965P-S3/DS3/DS4/DQ6 beta BIOS

I am Xtreme
    Gskill still doesnt boot with the latest beta bios.

and it still doesnt boot until you manually set 2.2v which falls out of the ram's specified voltages. (manually setting by swapping ram)
    its required to use more than the ram is even spec'd for.

this is the GSkill 6400 ZX

the motherboard needs to auto adjust its voltage to allow for higher quality ram.
    right now the system is defulating to 1.8v no matter what ram you use and thats, frankly unacceptable to be honest. the baord some how needs to adjust itself.
    now also gskill needs to make the ram bootable at lower voltages.

im running 32m Pi at 415 bootable so ill have a screenshot here shortly.
    i was going to try for higher but wanna do it in stages.

Kenofstephen

IDE devices ARE STILL USING PIO MODE when you have RAID enabled.
    this ABSOLUTELY! needs to be addressed!
    peoples drives are going to be damaged if this isnt fixed.

when RAID is DISABLED and you install the gigabyte SATA drivers the cdroms are then recognised as a SCSI device. you do NOT need to install the gigabyte SATA drivers for everything to work fine. but if you do NOT the ide devices are using PIO mode.
    this is causing incredibly painstaking slow down when running programs like power dvd or Windvd and other DVD programs as the system has to search for IDE devices and it cant find any and then see's scsi drives.

the entire interface of the IDE ports if totally screwed up. Gigabyte needs to work with JMicron to get this issue resolved quickly whether it be a bios update or a driver update.

the latest drivers off of the website now install the Secondary IDE Controller as a SCSI device. it doesnt call it the gigabyte controller it calls it Standard Secondary IDE Controller. this again is WRONG!!!!!
    a standard IDE controller is NOT a SCSI device.
    i dont know who's programming these drivers but wow..
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    420 bootable and stable!
    425 instantly bombs!

Kenofstephen.

the bios no longer resets itself when there is a fialed overclock PLEASE PLEASE tell gigabyte to put thise feature back!!
    having to reset the bios is retarded. its so 5 years ago! lol.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    yeah im hitting a wall at 420fsb

and letast has spoken
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

xtreme energy
    Where did you get this info from that drives can be damaged using PIO mode?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp
    Here is one for you. Anything over .3vdimm give a DDR18V Fail in PChealth screen. This is with G.Skill HZ ram regardless of memory multiplier or FSB speed.
    I second that suggestion.
    BIOSTAR TP67B+ | RPP 750W
    Core i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz | TRUE
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro | X-Fi Titanium
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Sapphire HD 7950 3L

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=Lestat]
    when RAID is DISABLED and you install the gigabyte SATA drivers the cdroms are then recognised as a SCSI device. you do NOT need to install the gigabyte SATA drivers for everything to work fine. but if you do NOT the ide devices are using PIO mode.
    this is causing incredibly painstaking slow down when running programs like power dvd or Windvd and other DVD programs as the system has to search for IDE devices and it cant find any and then see's scsi drives.

QUOTE]

Whoa wait a minute. Are you saying that the drives are going in to pio mode if you DISABLE RAID too? I thought this was only happening if you have raid configured?

If I have raid disabled do I run any risk of having my sata devices go in to pio mode?
    Silverstone CW02 HTPC Chassi
    Q6600
    2 x GB Mushkin PC1066
    GA-X38-DQ6
    Scythe Ninja Rev B
    3WARE 9650SE 4Lane RAID Controller
    1xRAPTOR 150GB
    4x500GB 1.5TB RAID 5 ARRAY
    8800GTS(G92) 512MB
    700Watt Thermaltake Modular PSU

xtreme energy
    No, only when raid is enabled

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    No, only when raid is enabled

Ok good. Thats not what lestat just said. I was hoping it was a typo...
    Q6600
    2 x GB Mushkin PC1066
    GA-X38-DQ6
    Scythe Ninja Rev B
    1xRAPTOR 150GB
    8800GTS(G92) 512MB

it can affect me at the moment of to install components if change the bios or is equal
    Intel Core i7 / Liquid Cooled 24/7
    DFI LP X58 UT T3EH8
    OCZ GOLD 6GB 3X2GB 1600MHZ CAS8
    EVGA SC GTX280 @715/2400
    Westinghouse LVM-37w3se
    Pc power and cooling silencer 750w
    WD Raptor 150gb / WD 500/1500gb sata 2
    SB X-fi Xtreme music
    Silverstone TJ09 case black

Logitech Z5500 thx/ G15 / G9

Liquid cooling Dtek fuzion (quad noozle) / swiftech MCR320 rad/ MresMicro res / MCP655 pump.

Xtreme Addict
    It came to him in a dream...
    Asus P8P67-M Pro - Bios 413
    i7-2600K LO41C106
    Cooler Master V8 - Antec 180 Mini
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    Sissy OC - 4.6 @ 1.3175 24/7 | 18' Idle - 55' Load
    Windows 7 MS Is Getting Better...

Personal Site!

Xtreme Member

Actually it mostly affects DVD/DVDR drives. CD drives can operate in PIO so can hard drives. Its the optical dvd drives and writers that will actually break running under PIO. They were never made to run under this old standard.
    Q6600
    2 x GB Mushkin PC1066
    GA-X38-DQ6
    Scythe Ninja Rev B
    1xRAPTOR 150GB
    8800GTS(G92) 512MB

xtreme energy
    Any cases of broken DVD drives in PIO mode? Link?

I wasn't even able to normally use it in PIO mode since my DVD was so slow and lagged all system that one would be too pissed using it Though I've never seen broken drive because of that.

Xtreme Addict
    OK, I flashed my DS3 with the F4c using @BIOS.

It has done absolutely nothing to help my 2.8GHz / 312x9 wall I'm hitting.

Prime bombs instantly.

I am Xtreme
    [QUOTE=HeadShotWI]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat

QUOTE]

Whoa wait a minute. Are you saying that the drives are going in to pio mode if you DISABLE RAID too? I thought this was only happening if you have raid configured?

If I have raid disabled do I run any risk of having my sata devices go in to pio mode?

sorry gentlemen that is a type-o i meant when raid is ENABLED
    when raid is DISABLED they are seen as SCSI devices which is causing issues with certain DVD viewing programs and also other dvd related programs.
    basically the program is slow as mollassis and doesnt hardly function.
    it takes nearly, and i timed it, 10 minutes for Windvd to work. and several minutes for it to even play a dvd movie.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy
    OK, I flashed my DS3 with the F4c using @BIOS.

It has done absolutely nothing to help my 2.8GHz / 312x9 wall I'm hitting.

Prime bombs instantly.

Brahmzy

did i miss your reply to me question ?
    what cpu, what ram what psu and what video.

also what usb devices are you using ?

thats an absolutely horrible issue i would consider calling gigabyte about an rma and see if ther eis anything that can possibly be done. i know it runs at stock. but see what they say maybe they would be willing to do an rma.

also guys i am able to do 420 bootable with AUTO (g)mch, fsb, and pci-e
    i do not need to raise them in order to do 420 bootable.
    aside from the boards IDE issues i absolutely love this board. best money i have spent since i got my Ultra-D.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    I second that suggestion.

sorry for tripple posting.

that is nothing more than most other boards that would have the vdimm in RED.
    its not an issue so much as a warning saying hey, you got your vdimm kinda high for normal ddr II.
    dont worry about it. it doesnt effect anything that i am aware of.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    sorry for tripple posting.

that is nothing more than most other boards that would have the vdimm in RED.
    its not an issue so much as a warning saying hey, you got your vdimm kinda high for normal ddr II.
    dont worry about it. it doesnt effect anything that i am aware of.
    ok i thought it would be causing a problem. Thanks for confirming.

Xtreme Addict
    Brahmzy

did i miss your reply to me question ?
    what cpu, what ram what psu and what video.

also what usb devices are you using ?

thats an absolutely horrible issue i would consider calling gigabyte about an rma and see if ther eis anything that can possibly be done. i know it runs at stock. but see what they say maybe they would be willing to do an rma.

also guys i am able to do 420 bootable with AUTO (g)mch, fsb, and pci-e
    i do not need to raise them in order to do 420 bootable.
    aside from the boards IDE issues i absolutely love this board. best money i have spent since i got my Ultra-D.

Lestat, here my dedicated thread - it shows all of my progress thus far and all of my system specs...thanks for the help.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=109706

If I knew it was the DS3, I'd send away for another one - I cannot afford the downtime to RMA this board. I've been without a decent PC for 3 months and don't want to go into withdrawls again.

Could I have jacked something up by swapping out the NB cooler? I mean the NB stays VERY cool - software temp readings say the copper cooler's doing it's job well. Ugh.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp
    ok i thought it would be causing a problem. Thanks for confirming.

np but dont hold me to that, i dont know for 100% certain i can only comment on my experiences. but i have yet to see anything bad.
    its the "PC Health" so .. its just warning page.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    just wanna say that the PIO MODE problem is fixed with F4 bios

i´m still having problems with the board but dont know where the problems come, i decided to buy a P5WDH and tomorrow the memories e cpu will join her.

byes

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdoc1
    It came to him in a dream...

if you people knew even 1/10th of what you kids wish you knew you would know that beyond any reasonable doubt that PIO mode will KILL a dvd rom or burner.
    please for your own safety do your fvking research before you go trying to flame me.
    do you even know what PIO mode is without going to wikapedia ?

i tell you what.. you go ahead and switch your drives to friggin PIO mode and see how long it takes before you cant burn disks anymore.

PIO mode is the slowest and most legacy way a device can run. and YES pio mode can harm a hard drive too. but ive never actually... no i take that back i HAVE seen hard drives in PIO mode but its short lived with a driver update.

thats why i have repeated harped that gigabyte needs to sit down with jmicron and fix it with drivers or a bios/sata-rom update.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcastro
    just wanna say that the PIO MODE problem is fixed with F4 bios

i´m still having problems with the board but dont know where the problems come, i decided to buy a P5WDH and tomorrow the memories e cpu will join her.

byes

JP i need to know EXACTLY what drivers your using and link me to them.

i still have the PIO mode issue

1)
    are you even installing the Gigabyte sATA drivers ?
    2)
    are those DVD/CDROM's or hard drives ?
    3)
    did you simply install the bios and reboot and now they are PIO mode ?
    i have done this and they are still PIO mode.
    i may reload my machine tonight and see what happens.
    4)
    can you also tell me what the make and model of those drives are that are showing as DMA mode.

the Primary IDE device to be looking at is the THIRD in that list you see in device manager. Prim IDE 1 and 2 are sata. the third is the IDE port.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    oh yeah baby DMA mode is back!!!

if you dont use raid and you installed the Gigabyte Sata drivers UNINSTALL THEM!!
    DMA mode is now fully working!!

if you have raid they should be working also

god dang its about time. i knew they ould fix it with a bios update!!
    you wanna say im wrong now ? be my guest.

dvd program such as windvd and power dvd and nero dvd tools are now 100% working at full speed.
    no more HUGE delays or lockups of those programs.
    they working.

man keep it coming gigabyte keep it coming!!
    Last edited by Lestat; 08-03-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the info, lestat. Now I'll know I can flip the raid mode to "on" when I get my e6400 in the mail tomorrow.

Xtreme Member
    bad about this bios, that you have to clear CMOS manually

Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast