Thread: Forward: official GIGA 965P-S3/DS3/DS4/DQ6 beta BIOS

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, I figured you'd be happy Lestat
    BIOSTAR TP67B+ | RPP 750W
    Core i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz | TRUE
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro | X-Fi Titanium
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Sapphire HD 7950 3L

Xtreme Member
    I have the ds4 with a celeron 331 for testing. I measure the vdimm just like this guy on the ds3 http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=107692 , i can read it throught two mosfet under the right dimm sockets and it seems that default is 2 Volt not 1.8V. I also have a big problem setting the cas latency (CL). I have kingston value 2x1giga with elpida 6e-e rated cl5 and when i put in bios the CL 5 or auto is gives me 3, so i can play only with CL4 for overclocking!!!! I hope gigabyte fix this CL bug in the next bios update. I believe thats the problem when some rams doesn't work on ds3/ds4/ds6 especially if are rated @ 800 it will try with CL3, very difficult to boot for the majority of ddr2 sticks.
    Last edited by soki; 08-03-2006 at 04:52 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphy
    God willing, this will solve some of the issues people have been having the E6600 and the 1.8V issue. Can anyone confirm that this Bios is the magic bullet?
    Even if the BIOSs linked here don't fix the problem, it is great news that Gigabyte is actually aware of the E6600 problem and has figured out why it's happening.

I am Xtreme
    i gotta do more testing but i am booting from the bios at 420!!
    im outa time for now gotta get to work!
    god why cant it be saturday!
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Mentor
    Woot! for Lestat.

:-)

I am Xtreme
    doh!
    i jumped the gun on 420.
    rebooted again just to see if it would hold and it bailed. back to the system going on and off on and off.

they have changed something.
    the F3 bios would reset the bios and let you boot into the bios if you overclocked too far. the F4 bios isnt letting you do that. you have to reset the bios. i dont care for that but hey they are making progress and its a beta so...
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Even if the BIOSs linked here don't fix the problem, it is great news that Gigabyte is actually aware of the E6600 problem and has figured out why it's happening.

the 1.8v issue do you mean the ram , most GOOD ram not being able to boot cuz the bios uses 1.8v as default ?

thats a mixed bag. the ram has to be programmed to run at low voltages. but also the bios has to be programmed to kick the voltage up if higher ram is installed.
    usually its the rams responsibility to be able to run at a lower voltage.

i'll try my gskill(as i havent returned it yet cuz im lazy) and report back but i doubt it will work.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    god why cant it be saturday!
    I know what you mean.

Xtreme Member
    Just tested F3e on my DQ6.

You can now boot over 1.6vcore and you can boot at +0.3vmch, but not over.

It's getting better at least, before I got no boot at over 1.6vcore and over +0.25vmch.

Xtreme Member
    the 1.8v issue do you mean the ram , most GOOD ram not being able to boot cuz the bios uses 1.8v as default ?

thats a mixed bag. the ram has to be programmed to run at low voltages. but also the bios has to be programmed to kick the voltage up if higher ram is installed.
    usually its the rams responsibility to be able to run at a lower voltage.

i'll try my gskill(as i havent returned it yet cuz im lazy) and report back but i doubt it will work.
    Yeah, it looks like I was wrong about that.

Real quick, what does mcvh stand for?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesnel
    Just tested F3e on my DQ6.

You can now boot over 1.6vcore and you can boot at +0.3vmch, but not over.

It's getting better at least, before I got no boot at over 1.6vcore and over +0.25vmch.
    wow thats definately wierd.

wow i just realised 1.6vcore holy smokes dude what are you doing. LN2 i hope

Heat Ebay Feedback

any gskill rams support improvment with these bios or not ?
    Q66 GO - striker 2 extreme - 4gb corsair ddr3-1600 - french hardware website

Xtreme Member
    wow thats definately wierd.

wow i just realised 1.6vcore holy smokes dude what are you doing. LN2 i hope
    I've not got my e6600 yet, still using a Celeron 326 as a stopgap, cooling is modded Mach II GT.

Xtreme Member
    still using a Celeron 326 as a stopgap, cooling is modded Mach II GT.
    Wow, Mach II on a Celery?

(just kidding BTW)

E6300/E6600 owners, report your findings! If this Bios does fix the undervoltage RAM problems, I might pick one up today.

Xtreme Addict
    I've not got my e6600 yet, still using a Celeron 326 as a stopgap, cooling is modded Mach II GT.
    Good luck with your E6600.

I am stuck at 312FSB 2.8GHZ. Anything higher and it won't boot to windows. I've tried everything that I know of.

I have not tried anything other than F3 though.

I am Xtreme
    i wouldnt look for gigabyte to fix the gskill issue, honestly i wouldnt.
    if they are able to super! if not, the true problem lies in gskills ram not bumping down to a lower speed/voltage in order to boot. ie having a boot up profile.

but gigabyte could also program the bios to use a higher vdimm if it doesnt boot.
    also remember the majority of the ram and specifically the ones they have in the ram compliant list are all 1.8-1.9v ram. not 2.0-2.2v ram.
    i saw one guy using some of the HZ's and he said he can actually boot with them but he didnt say if its the 5400 or 6400. if its the 5400 so what the 6400's are the killers.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy
    Good luck with your E6600.

I am stuck at 312FSB 2.8GHZ. Anything higher and it won't boot to windows. I've tried everything that I know of.

I have not tried anything other than F3 though.

312 holy poo!

ok lets start
    whats your cpu, your ram your psu, etc etc. we'll get you going to 400!!

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Please help Lestat - my problem lives in here (specs are towards the end of page 2:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=109706&page=2

Xtreme Member
    i wouldnt look for gigabyte to fix the gskill issue, honestly i wouldnt.
    if they are able to super! if not, the true problem lies in gskills ram not bumping down to a lower speed/voltage in order to boot. ie having a boot up profile.

but gigabyte could also program the bios to use a higher vdimm if it doesnt boot.
    also remember the majority of the ram and specifically the ones they have in the ram compliant list are all 1.8-1.9v ram. not 2.0-2.2v ram.
    i saw one guy using some of the HZ's and he said he can actually boot with them but he didnt say if its the 5400 or 6400. if its the 5400 so what the 6400's are the killers.
    I am able to boot my DS3 with HZ 6400, but i BSOD trying to install windows unless i up the voltage .2 or .3.... .4 or higher gives me a 'FAIL' message for DDR in the PCHealth screen. This RAM is also failing memtest as low as DDR886 even with a few extra volts. I spend $240 on this stuff expecting it to run faster and i think it's the cause for my llimited overclock at 430fsb. I'm thinking of buying some DDR1000 to see if it helps

Xtreme Member
    I tried the new f3b bios for ds4. It overclocks my rams way better than before, generally an improvement to the previous bios. Also I measure the vdimm and default is 2.13V on ds4!!!! I know that is correct because it runs my elpida 6e-e @ 800 4-4-4, cannot do that with 1.8-1.9 right?

Another major bug!!!!! WHEN YOU UP THE VCORE YOU LOSE IN MEMORY PERFORMANCE!!!! WTF? I am now @ 1.525Vcore memtest unbuffered 2952, i set it to 1,535 -> unbufferered ~2800 and so on.... when i set 1,6+ vcore i have almost 1300 mb/s in memtest!!! what a difference! I believe the guy who made a comparison 965 vs 975 must do it in default speeds not overclocked, because there is a big BUG when you up the vcore, you lose way to much in performance!

Gigabyte please fix it!
    Last edited by soki; 08-03-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Xtreme Member
    So far not seeing any improvent in eith the F4A or the F4C bios over the F3. Could really use a RAM multiplier of less than 2 though, something along the lines of 1.77 would be fantastic please gigabyte
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I7 920 DO 3.3Ghz 1.09V (Still clocking) 3910A313
    TRUE Black 2*Xilence 120 Push Pull
    Gigabyte UD5 F8 Bios
    6GB Patriot Viper 1600 7-7-7-24-1T
    Saphire HD4850
    Enermax Noisetaker 600W
    Coolermaster ATCS 840
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Xtreme Enthusiast
    please say more, then I'll pass them to GBT.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenofstephen
    please say more, then I'll pass them to GBT.
    Here is one for you. Anything over .3vdimm give a DDR18V Fail in PChealth screen. This is with G.Skill HZ ram regardless of memory multiplier or FSB speed.

Page 2 of 194 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast