Thread: Need help! Japanese translation for using Eram, copy waza and autogear!

Xtreme Member

Need help! Japanese translation for using Eram, copy waza and autogear!

I see all the Japanese benchers are using this software for benching superpi.
    Now.... I wonder it anyone can tranlate the buttons, and messages in these programs, and post pictures of the program windows with an english translation of the buttons functions...

This way it is easier for the rest of us mortals to compete
    Cool things in progress...

I am Xtreme
    I'd love to know how to use Eram and autogear! Maybe one of them will be friendly enough to let us know Copy waza is just transfering a large file (from one partition to another?) and then running.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Im also really interested in it

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Kyosen and PRTeamJapan (Fredyama) has already explained it few times, actually...

Eram is basically free RAMDISK software. To install, it you need to right-click on a .INF file (from downloaded package), then from the context menu choose Install and reboot after it's done. After that, you should have RAMDISK installed that can be configured by going to Control Panel and opening it;

Copy-waza is a tweak involving copying a large (e.g. 2GB) file between partitions, right before running SuperPi calculation, like 32M. When I tried it, for some reason it worked only when I did it twice in a row. Say, C:/ is where you have SuperPi installed and F:/ is some other partition, can be a second HDD. First, I copied it from F:/ to C:/ and then again, from C:/ to F:/. Immediately, after it's done Click OK to start e.g. 32M calculation... Result: before vs after;

AutoGear, from what I understand, is a little tool that does pretty much the same thing as manually setting Real-time priority for SuperPi from Task Manager, before running it. So, you can probably skip that.

I have to say, that Copy-waza is an awesome tweak, probably one of the best, if not THE best SPi tweak, at least in my testing... Awesome find and kudos to TeamJapan for that

I will try to dig out those posts by TeamJapan guys for ya...

UPDATE: There, not much about AutoGear, though... But as I mentioned, I think this is not very neccesary...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...3&postcount=27
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=525
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=570

Last edited by bachus_anonym; 08-05-2006 at 09:58 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks a lot Bachus, now I see...
    I will try these tweaks later on tonight...
    Cool things in progress...

Thx for explanation Bachus

PRTeamJapan
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    Kyosen and PRTeamJapan (Fredyama) has already explained it few times, actually...
    Thanks so much Michal-san for your thorough explanation of each tweak

It is quite difficult for me to translate in English as I do not know what they are talking about even in Japanese

AutoGear is for real time process as you have indicated.
    You can easily set and run PI once you register in there rather going through an usual step.

Anyway, you've got to try them under your own set up to find out your optimal point as always

Cheers

Aussie God
    ... I could hit myself, never used copy-waza
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!