Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: *avoid* gskill 2GBZX with DS3

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyB
    Well I had made the mistake of getting the ZX with my DS3 and the computer didn't post, and I didn't have any spare 240pin ram around and the cheapest stick in town was $60.

I'm atleast glad that this makes it 99% sure why my new pc didn't work.

What happened to you guys with the DS3 and this ram when turning on the computer, would it just sit on with the fans running, or would it endlessly restart?

My system at first would power on for a second, lose power, then come back on and just sit there. I could hold the button for 5 seconds to shutdown and it would not do that 1 second shutdown thing from then on until turning off the psu and pulling the power cable and trying to turn it on again. But after messing with it by disconnecting things and reconnecting and so on before I learned of this ram problem it now just turns, then off, then on, then off, and so on without the cpu fan never getting a chance to spin up.

I'm nervously waiting for some Corsair ram that ZipZoomFly has been processing for 2 days even though I selected overnight, so it won't ship until tomorrow, arriving Firday morning.

I'm so scared of how the system has been running and with no indicating lights on the mobo or beeps I have no idea if something else is wrong.

If I had known ZZF would take so long I would have bought that extra stick of ram to start and test the system and done an exchange with Gskill overtime.

Endless restarting with the nr until I booted with some kingston and set to 2.3v and 5-5-5-15. Saved, whipped the kingston out put a stick of g.skill in, booted to windows logo, froze. Inserted second stick of g.skill just for the sake of it, black screen, no self test. Inserted g.skill in different slots same result. Inserted g.skill in bag and posted back, bought another stick of kingston 533 and am now running happily at 400x7, 1:1, 1.9v, 5-5-5-15, bios f4c

Will newest bios fix issue with gskill 2gbnr?
    Intel E6600 @ Zalman 9500AT - Hopefully soon some overclocking
    Asus P5B Deluxe/wifi
    Sapphire Radeon 1900XT @ Vf-900 - 1.2ns memory
    G.Skill 2Gb PC6400 HZ
    Antec Plusview II
    Seasonic S12 500W
    Viewsonic 702VA

Quote Originally Posted by tuoho
    Will newest bios fix issue with gskill 2gbnr?
    That stuff worked straight out of the box with F1 bios for me. Didn't even have to adjust the voltage on the ram (but I have it set to +.2v).
    My rig:
    E6400 @ 2.96ghz | Gigabyte DS3 | G.Skill 2GBNR PC6400 | Sapphire X1900XT | Creative X-Fi xtreme music | 250GB WD | etc...

Xtreme Member
    davvy, you might be interested to know my 2GBNR has been working perfectley.
    Gigabyte 965P - DS3
    Intel C2D E6400 @ 2.8Ghz
    eVGA 8800GTS @ 675/1025
    G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800
    Ultra XVS 700W
    Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Quote Originally Posted by delas52
    davvy, you might be interested to know my 2GBNR has been working perfectley.
    Well mines gone back now so either it was bad or didnt like the f4c bios, pleased its working for you though. If you visit the ocuk forums theres users there with the same issue I had

Xtreme Mentor
    The ZX kit will not POST with 1.8V, but it did POST with 1.95V using the DQ6 F3g beta bios.

My memory timings appear to be stable @ 4-4-4-12 (set manually) and do not appear to change any longer.

I've decided not to RMA my RAM as it appears to be ok, save for the hassle of taking the memory out when doing bios flashes etc.

maybe WPCREDIT can read the actual cas latency. . .

i have P5B... and it doest work either with 800Mhz ZX

so. iwant to exchange it with PK..

but i read in newegg the reviews.. and they r talking about problems with C2D too...

Xtreme Mentor
    Update on this...with F4d the memory NEEDS 2.2V to even boot. anything less it will not post. With F3 it would POST with 1.950V...now it won't.

Gigabyte bios is getting worse with each release.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567