Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $22k Core 2 Duo Pc..

Xtreme Member
    Holy expensive case batman!

I remember seeing the Athlon FX version of this case in PC Powerplay a while ago and wondering what the deal was with the monstrosity they dubbed a case. Boy was I shocked when I read the article. Talk about over the top.

xStraight Edgex

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    noise of that new drive might be deafening.

"IS THAT THE NEW 20K RAPTOR IN YOUR RIG?"

"WHAT?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shimq1
    600W is enough for that system, unless you overclock...
    Ehhhh, no... That's pushing that psu to it's very limit, I'd be scared to run it 24/7 with that POS in it.

Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    Ehhhh, no... That's pushing that psu to it's very limit, I'd be scared to run it 24/7 with that POS in it.
    If you don't overclock, that system'll run fine on a 600W PSU.
    Opteron 146 - DFI SLI-DR - X800GTO2 - X-Fi XtremeMusic - OCZ Gold GX XTC (2x1024MB)

Live Long And Overclock
    I'm going to start removing this bs over viability of the psu. I could care less if its the best 600W psu around...a 750W psu costs less than $200..not too hard for a 22k machine...

"But its enough for the machine, though"

You don't buy a 22k pc to get "enough"...if that was the case they'd have a 7600GT in it.

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    That looks like something you'd see on MTV Cribs. And laugh at

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zabomb4163
    think rolex...
    I think this just about sums it up. I doubt very many people buy Rolex watches or similar just so they can tell the time .. I think they buy it because of the feel good factor and the statement.

In regards to the actual PC here I would imagine it is a good peice of equipment but with DX10 cards about to make an appearance in a few months time I think anyone buying this now would have to have been living in a cave for a good time. Maybe they do though, maybe this is for people who just see it in exclusive magazines and must have it. They won't even know the difference between DX9 and 10 when it arrives nor care. It would be pretty interesting to see the buyer demographics for these systems.

I'm not sure about the gold though .. does anybody do carbon fibre panels over aluminium chassis? .. that might be quite nice to put your own stuff into.

Regards

Andy

xtreme energy
    Spend 4x less, overclock it and pown that golden That is the beauty of oc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123