Thread: MJ-12 Problem

Where's me Beer?

MJ-12 Problem

My MJ-12 node keeps shutting down after a few seconds, i tried reinstalling it but i still get the same problem.
    Anyone know whats going on or has the same problem?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have you tried re-installing .NET?
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Where's me Beer?
    Nope, but i think it's not MJ-12's problem.
    After i posted the first post, firefox crashed then a few seconds latter my computer just shut off and restarted, not really a good sign

Me thinks hardware problem...
    Whats your temps like?
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Where's me Beer?
    Thats a very good question, which i have no idea. I don't have a program which will read CPU temps.

It should be quite low for a S478 4Ghz prescott. Like 50C

Xtreme Cruncher
    Check temps with MBM5 and check for buldging/leaking capacitors on the motherboard visually.
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

beefin' it up!
    sounds like a dead/dying PSU...

Quote Originally Posted by hixie
    Thats a very good question, which i have no idea. I don't have a program which will read CPU temps.

It should be quite low for a S478 4Ghz prescott. Like 50C
    !?!?!? I wouldn't bet on 50C pal! At full load? Maybe at idle! My friends S478 3.2ES Prescott heads towards 75C-80C at full load. And thats with a heatpipe cooling solution in a shuttle case. All volts/clocks at stock!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    !?!?!? I wouldn't bet on 50C pal! At full load? Maybe at idle! My friends S478 3.2ES Prescott heads towards 75C-80C at full load. And thats with a heatpipe cooling solution in a shuttle case. All volts/clocks at stock!
    That's because of the shuttle case I beleive. That's too cramped IMO for a high temp cpu to live in.
    Cripes, I have all of my systems set to shut down or throttle if the temps hit 65C and that's only because there's no lower setting.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Da Goose
    Hope all works out...we need your contribution...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Where's me Beer?
    Riptide, the latter batch of pressies (mostly from malay) are alot cooler than the rest. I had a couple of the first batch pressies and temps of 80C was almost common! With my watercooling system i can get my latter chip to 4.3Ghz at around 40C full load (could go higher but RAM was the limiting factor).
    I will download one of those temp monitoring programs latter today or tomorrow, to see what temps i'm getting.

Caps should not be a problem, but i checked them all just incase and their all fine.
    B_S's suggestion of the PSU seems most likely, it's using a 400watt PSU which is about 4 years old.

I will be back as soon as i get my machine running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    That's because of the shuttle case I beleive. That's too cramped IMO for a high temp cpu to live in.
    Cripes, I have all of my systems set to shut down or throttle if the temps hit 65C and that's only because there's no lower setting.
    He he the shuttle had no case at the time!! Had just installed it for him and was stress testing.!

EDIT: Temps goes a little higher if you do a gfx & CPU test with the case on now. I always told him I never liked the shuttle. But he likes the look of it, and well i don't think he does a whole lot that'll put the CPU under long term full load use...

Hixie... what sSPEC is that pressie? What WC systems you packing there pal?
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 07-18-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Where's me Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    He he the shuttle had no case at the time!! Had just installed it for him and was stress testing.!

EDIT: Temps goes a little higher if you do a gfx & CPU test with the case on now. I always told him I never liked the shuttle. But he likes the look of it, and well i don't think he does a whole lot that'll put the CPU under long term full load use...

Hixie... what sSPEC is that pressie? What WC systems you packing there pal?
    My pressie is 60C full load running aircooling.
    My watercooling system consisted of a RBX waterblock, a 3000L per hour pump and a heatercore ripped off a Mk2 VW Golf. Oh! and 6 X 120mm fans blowing over the heatercore.
    The pic below is my little overclock
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie
    My pressie is 60C full load running aircooling.
    My watercooling system consisted of a RBX waterblock, a 3000L per hour pump and a heatercore ripped off a Mk2 VW Golf. Oh! and 6 X 120mm fans blowing over the heatercore.
    The pic below is my little overclock
    that box would be a madman on SOB!