Thread: Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX review

Xtreme Member

Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX review

This looks good
    http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/e107_plug...?content.376.1

Performance wise, the Big Typhoon VX is currently the best among the rest and we believe it is the most powerful CPU cooler we have reviewed up to date. Users seeking to build a silent PC will also love this cooler because it was able to perform very well, even at low fan speeds. Priced at USD$53 / RM195, the Big Typhoon VX is a very good bargain considering you get a decent 120mm fan and a nice packaging too. At this moment, we would definitely recommend this cooler to anyone who’s looking for a powerful CPU cooler, especially if you plan to push your newly purchased Conroe to 4GHz!
    My system's bottleneck is my wallet

Chuck Norris Worshipper
    seems like the original with built-in fan controller, and support for am2

Xtreme Guru
    has a slightly higher rpm fan included too at 24db same as Tower.. hmm I'm pretty sure they wanted to aim the same performance or slightly better than Tuniq Tower.

Air Flow 86.5 CFM <-- yea right, prolly one of the most overrated specs of a fan yet.

Anyway it's good that they included a slightly higher rpm fan in there. I'm really expecting the performance to be equal to Tuniq Tower or 1C better or so depending on airflow in case etc and prolly 2C better performing than the original or so.

The black fan grill suits better and built in fancontroller is good for those who like silence too so to me it looks like a very minor but welcomed upgrade.

That test really showed once again Big Typhoon seems to improve a lot by other/higher rpm fans, 2C difference between those 2 fans tested with it, that's difficult to believe. Couldn't the reviewer included a Delta fan there too.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 07-17-2006 at 07:48 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Banned
    You can read it here from real peeps, adding a 120CFM deafening Delta will gain you a 2C Drop over stock, thats probably why TT have only upped fan a tad and still trying to keep noise acceptable, but I'd like to hear fan with my own ears but I see it no longer fits Socket A, but it looks same so I wonder if you used brackets from older TT-BT could it fit ?.

Xtreme Member
    will it fit socket 939?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Reading is your friend

Compatibility

Intel Core 2 Exterme (SocketLGA775)
    Intel Core2 Duo (Socket LGA775)
    Intel Pentium Extreme Edition (Socket LGA 775)
    Intel Pentium D (Socket LGA 775)
    Intel Pentium 4 (Socket LGA775)
    Intel Celeron D (Socket LGA775)
    AMD Athlon64 X2 (Socket 939, AM2)
    AMD Athlon64 FX (Socket 939, AM2)
    AMD Athlon64 (Socket 754, 939, AM2)
    AMD Sempron(Socket 754, AM2)
    AMD Phenom II 720 @ 3.8ghz
    DFI Lanparty DK 790FXB-M2RS
    2x2GB Corsair XMS2 PC8500
    Gainward HD4870 1GB @ 860/1130
    Thermaltake TP 750w