Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: computer chairs

Hey neighbor! post some pic's when you get your chair!I am in complete agreement with Chow's perspective! your backs worth it!
    Just make sure that you got enough money left for your Conroe purchase!what am I saying?your probably rich any way living in the most desireable beach to live at in Volusia county!

xtreme energy
    One of the most important things for ergonomic chair is curvature at the lower back. Look at this picture, your spine is not straight, forget all chairs that don't have it! They are

This is just to show picture, that chair is not perfect since it misses some vital features such as armrest etc

I have tried a lot of chairs and found a very good one. I will try taking photo

Xtreme Member
    Well let's just be clear. A chair purchase is not going to solve back problems. However, it can help alleviate some pain and it can also help with your posture (one of the reasons why I have a bad back - bad posture). Same thing with a bed, it can help, but it won't solve your back problems. Chiropractic treatment, along with staying active and exercising, ALONG with the right equipment, will give you a much better chance of keeping a strong back.

My friend recently went through back surgery which was well over $100k, and that is not going to be the only surgery. Lost time at work, pain and suffering, and just plain feeling crappy is worth much more than a chair, bed, and some exercise. Not to turn the chair thread into a back thread, but just keep your back in good shape in general!
    XS lurker, posting newbie.

Sounds great, I can't believe that they ship it that fast. A rep called me today asking if I still wanted it for 873, ask if I could still get the same price on monday and said that its very likely or at lease lost to that area. Not bad...

I look forward to your pictures :P and don't forget to post your opinions about it.

Hey chow, you own an aeron right? How is the material holding up? Really don't want to buy another chair if I get this one...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sz1hart
    Hey chow, you own an aeron right? How is the material holding up? Really don't want to buy another chair if I get this one...
    Material is holding up great... It really does look new still. There's some dust covering some parts of the chair, but otherwise it's great. I have seen an Aeron that saw years upon years of abuse at an office, and the bottom seat material was torn up. But keep in mind this was not somebody's personal property. I'm sure anybody who buys their own expensive chair probably won't let their keys and tools rub up on the material.

When you mean material is holding up great, do you use it daily anymore because your early post said you don't use it as much.

Im really afraid because of such accidents, like something falls of the desk and on the chair which damages it which the warranty doesn't cover. Are there stores that even do repair on aerons?

Thanks for all the feedback since there are so many complaints out there with different opinions about the Aeron. Best of luck to you bum with your chair and new toys along with being so helpful to me (you too chow) Now I wait for your pictures/review .

Xtreme Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28
    These are going to typically be called "Task" chairs. Which are chairs with no arms. Of course, there are several models that have optional arms as well.

What's your price range? then go from there.

Hell its a chair I wouldnt want to pay more then 100 shipped, but I am flexiable up to another 50

Xtreme Member
    here it is, I like it so far let me give it the weekend, and I know my comp room is a mess sorry , put in a picture of the old chair, pretty much got my 7 years out of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intel DP45SG
    4 gigs DDR3 G-Skill 8-8-8-20
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Asus EAH TOP 4890 1 gig ddr5
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

Xtreme Guru
    hah I'm amazed how nice chairs u have, you should have seen my retired one, the overall was looking like a cat had went crazy all over it on top, almost no soft layer left, pretty much plastic and metallic parts left and screws sticking up here and there. My bro always complained about how he got pain the ass when sitting on it only for a few mins. Yet I never had any probs with that although when I went in the shower I noticed how I had some red spots on my butt cuz of the screws that were sticking up. I guess it's a matter of getting used to it... my new chair is a "real" comp chair tho but it's my mum that bought it for prolly no more than 25 EUR or so and looks like the pic Kiwi posted but with armrests (knowing my mother always buys the cheapest) and although I don't suffer from red spots on my butt anymore I somewhat miss the old chair as it was so much more stable, this new one is unsteady like a newborn calf on it's feet so I'm like swinging a bit from left to right which makes me think the monitor looks like slanting.

I've never had any sore butt or back with any chair yet tho which is good I guess...
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 07-22-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

If you could report back on sunday with some news and more pictures pleases

Really looks nice though I think you should upgrade your desk , blue looks nice. Im going towards the carbon if I get one.

Xtreme Member

Really looks nice though I think you should upgrade your desk , blue looks nice. Im going towards the carbon if I get one.
    I agree lets start a desk thread black flat and plan with not alot of draws would do me, I will show you guys some picks of my handmade speakers be here in a week, sweet sound
    Intel DP45SG
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

lol, I ment the chair. I like black table tops but can't find any to order from. You should post a picture of your entire setup.

kiwi, you should try to get the picture of the chair you like up

Xtreme Member
    When you mean material is holding up great, do you use it daily anymore because your early post said you don't use it as much.

Im really afraid because of such accidents, like something falls of the desk and on the chair which damages it which the warranty doesn't cover. Are there stores that even do repair on aerons?

Thanks for all the feedback since there are so many complaints out there with different opinions about the Aeron. Best of luck to you bum with your chair and new toys along with being so helpful to me (you too chow) Now I wait for your pictures/review .
    I use it daily, but I used to have to sit in it for numerous hours a day, maybe 6 hours or so, if not more. But since I got out of college, I'm not at home as much now and use it maybe 1-2 hours a day now.

Not sure if there are places that do repairs on Aerons, I'd assume there's somebody who can do it. Really though, you should be fine. Don't sit in the chair while you're wearing a tool belt full of screwdrivers and stuff and you should be fine.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Herman Miller Aeron is the best chear I've ever sat my fat ass on. Well 2nd to RX-7 R1 seat. :o

Xtreme Member

hey did you see the attchments to the post above pics there
    Intel DP45SG
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

yeah, it just looks cool so Im sending out request for more

So care to tell us what you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by dum
    hey did you see the attchments to the post above pics there
    Wow!!! she is a beauty! Congrats on the new H.M.Aeron chair! Looks like a nice color combo too.Gonna have to look into one myself as I have suffered from a back injury! put me outta work for over a year.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    Wow!!! she is a beauty! Congrats on the new H.M.Aeron chair! Looks like a nice color combo too.Gonna have to look into one myself as I have suffered from a back injury! put me outta work for over a year.
    sorry to hear that you live in florida right?

~Sz1hart~ if you need more pics let me know(sorry about the room mess) , I really like the chair the front of my legs feels much better, like the tension recline feature, the normal back thing is not bad, but I have not used the other posturpedic model so grain of salt there
    Intel DP45SG
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

no its ok, it looks great and I just wanted more pictures If it cause you any trouble don't worry about it.

I forgot but I tend to put my leg(s) on the chair(maybe cause of desk issue or something) which maybe a problem for me...

Edit:
    What do you think I should do? Buy or don't, would like an answer soon since I got until monday(they extended the deal, or at lease I think they did). Maybe I should just wait?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sz1hart; 07-24-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks ,I'm alright now actually (good days and bad )got a pretty good settlement out of it too!went crazy buying computer hardware Yeah I live in FL.Ormond Beach,too close to Daytona.
    So Howdy Neighbor

Xtreme Member
    no its ok, it looks great and I just wanted more pictures If it cause you any trouble don't worry about it.

I forgot but I tend to put my leg(s) on the chair(maybe cause of desk issue or something) which maybe a problem for me...

Edit:
    What do you think I should do? Buy or don't, would like an answer soon since I got until monday(they extended the deal, or at lease I think they did). Maybe I should just wait?

Thanks

I take a long time to decide but now that I got buy, send it back if you don't like cost you 75.00 bucks heck cost that much just to drive to orlando, they gave me saturday delivery too
    Intel DP45SG
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    Thanks ,I'm alright now actually (good days and bad )got a pretty good settlement out of it too!went crazy buying computer hardware Yeah I live in FL.Ormond Beach,too close to Daytona.
    So Howdy Neighbor
    back atcha howdy hot one today
    Intel DP45SG
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12