Thread: 92 point from 13k but need help

Xtreme Legend

92 point from 13k but need help

OK I am at 12908 right now. I think I am stuck though. I am using Windows 2k and am not very familiar with all the tweaks you can do. Also it seems sometimes that my scores drop 2000 points randomly but can a oc'ed oc cause this? Could it be too high. I don't wanna lower it cause then I'll lose points. Also my Visiontek GF4 ti4600 won't clock higher than 322/755. I have a crystal orb and some ramsinks. I think I put the orb on bad though but I also think that the card is a dud cause with the factory HSF i couldn't get to 315 at all.

I was also thinking about getting a KX-7 but I don't know how to do the volt mod nor do I have the tools to do it. I am a college student so I don't have a house or anything I can work in. Please post suggestions or ask me questions if you need more info. I wanna break 13k without having to buy something. I think I should be able to beat it but I dunno.

Sys. Specs.
    axp2000
    186x10=1860
    vcore 1.95
    mem 2.9
    turbo settings
    visiontek gf4 ti4600 322/755

Kurupt
    I dont know if you have taking the time to read Gibbo's guide.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...?threadid=37551
    Please take a look at that and see if it helps has alot of nice tweaks that you can do on you os

Xtreme Legend
    well I have read it but I don't know my way around 2000 enough. I used to use XP. Since he used ME for his os it makes it harder to find for me.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Link didn't seem to work.Try this one :
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...threadid=37551

Hardass
    Jupiler welcome to Xtreme, glad you joined us.

Xtreme Legend

Smile Chong

Which Dets are you using? Try using whatever is posted with OPP's AMD score on the ORB. 29.40 I believe.

Are you running Rivatuner?

Up your Vcore to 2V and Vmem to 3V and try higher FSB and total MHZ.

If possible, do the Vgpu mod on the GF4. 1.8V for Vgpu should be safe for your cooling, and should get you 5-10 MHZ more core speed.

Any of the above could get you the points you need for 13k.

DDTUNG

Hardass

Re: Chong

Originally posted by DDTUNG
    Which Dets are you using? Try using whatever is posted with OPP's AMD score on the ORB. 29.40 I believe.

Are you running Rivatuner?

Up your Vcore to 2V and Vmem to 3V and try higher FSB and total MHZ.

If possible, do the Vgpu mod on the GF4. 1.8V for Vgpu should be safe for your cooling, and should get you 5-10 MHZ more core speed.

Any of the above could get you the points you need for 13k.

DDTUNG

What is the Vgpu mod can you explain steps.

Xtreme Legend
    what about the points that I lose when I try to go higher? whats happening there.

I use the 29.42's right now
    I dunno how to do the mod and I've never done a v-mod

Xtreme Legend

Smile Chong

Off the top of my head it's the SC1102 IC. A VR between pin 11 and ground, adjusted to around 1.2k should give you 1.8Vgpu.

Sorry can't be of more help today. I am moving house.

DDTUNG

Xtreme Member
    Also from what i have encountered the mix between via 4in1 and detonators have a great impact.
    I´m trying my butt to getting back to the 13200 k that i have posted. I´ve done a reinstall since and i dont remember what i had then. From what i have seen, 4in1 39:s are terrible with det. 29.40 and newer.

Any suggs on that?

Mac
    Problems with your OCZ product? Feel free to PM or email me here

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by mackanz
    Also from what i have encountered the mix between via 4in1 and detonators have a great impact.
    I´m trying my butt to getting back to the 13200 k that i have posted. I´ve done a reinstall since and i dont remember what i had then. From what i have seen, 4in1 39:s are terrible with det. 29.40 and newer.

Any suggs on that?

Mac
    wonder if ist correct im using the via 4:39 and det 29:42

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3694819

Xtreme Legend
    major mav how did you get that score, I have the same board. What bios, settings, etc. I used the same drivers as you but come short of 13k. Whats your vid card settings etc.

Overclocking Guru
    Chong345,

I hope your using Win2k.
    If not, use it and you'll see a good 300 more points.

OPP

Xtreme Legend
    i just switched from xp to 2k and got a 120 point increase. Thats all. I have a problem when my cpu is high my scores get worse sometimes by 2k. Also this happens at the fsb I used to get my highest score so my scores are inconsistent. But I run these settings all day and could run prime95 for weeks. I dunno whats wrong. I also don't know all the win2k tweaks. I read that guide but it was done in ME and I don't know 2k well enough to find all the tweaks.

Xtreme Member
    Do u have the SP2 instaled?!

Xtreme Legend
    yes.

Xtreme Legend
    am I supposed to use low level oc'ing for vid card or driver one? I am using riva tuner. What bias settings do you guys use? Think if I v-mod the card I can clock higher, or is heat my problem? I am trying to figure out why my fps just drops sometimes. Its like all the sudden everything is underclocked. It doesn't make sense. This happens while the vid card isn't oc'ed. Also I ran Sandra after the last time it happened to check if my scores got lower their but they were all normal. I really wanna break 13k.
    Last edited by Chong345; 06-15-2002 at 02:21 AM.