Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: CPU aircooling roundup

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonFreemanLP
    And how about the CNPS7700-Cu?
    It's still pretty good but loosing out to alot of the newer coolers, the Thermaltake Blue Orb II is very similar design but is superior in most tests I've seen. There aren't many non-heatpipe coolers that are really competative anymore. In fact, the Blue Orb II is the only non-heatpipe cooler I've mentioned and it's cooling performance is not good enough for really hot, heavily overclocked processors.
    DistroWatch - find your flavor of Linux
    Petra's Tech Shop - for all your watercooling needs

Xtreme Addict
    If you want to work with me AzraelDarkangel, I have a large amount of data collected and organized into a chart on fans of all sizes, that I've been working on for a little while.

I have about 70 fans lined up with information on all their CFM, dBA, RPM, Air Pressure, Grams, Pounds, Watts, Amps, Price, Connectors, Bearing (type & number), and extra information about them (what options there are, what they come with, a customer complaint if common enough, etc) under "Notes". They're all organized in order of CFM of course.

I announced in this forum I was going to post a thread with this chart after I finished and asked for people to make requests for fans I might have overlooked, but it started to turn into a lot of work for one person and things came up. I would gladly pick up where I left off if someone would help me.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 07-18-2006 at 05:08 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    If you want to work with me AzraelDarkangel, I have a large amount of data collected and organized into a chart on fans of all sizes, that I've been working on for a little while.

I have about 70 fans lined up with information on all their CFM, dBA, RPM, Air Pressure, Grams, Pounds, Watts, Amps, Price, Connectors, Bearing (type & number), and extra information about them (what options there are, what they come with, a customer complaint if common enough, etc) under "Notes". They're all organized in order of CFM of course.

I announced in this forum I was going to post a thread with this chart after I finished and asked for people to make requests for fans I might have overlooked, but it started to turn into a lot of work for one person and things came up. I would gladly pick up where I left off if someone would help me.
    Wow! 70 fans? Sounds interesting. You can e-mail me the info if you want and I'll check it out. AzraelDarkangel@vampirefreaks.com I'm not sure that we should post prices unless it's MSRP since the price will depend on where you buy it and I don't think it would be professional to advertise a particular retailer, which is why I haven't posted prices on cpu coolers. Anyway, it would make a good reference.
    DistroWatch - find your flavor of Linux
    Petra's Tech Shop - for all your watercooling needs

Xtreme X.I.P.
    70 fans

that`s surely gonna be stickied like this guide

silver wall jumper X
    excellent work!!!

Xtreme Addict
    AzraelDarkangel, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you get it?
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    I'm really interested in the Thermalright SI-128 , i wonder how much better it is than the 120 version. Too bad the Tuniq tower 120 can't be found, lol

Personal thinking: I think weight should be a very important factor to measuring the heatsinks as a very heavy heatsink would possiblly damage your MB while it is placed vertically.

Xtreme Addict
    Is there any sense buying Scythe Ninja+ as I a have TT BT now? Should the Ninja perform better with low rpm fans than the BT? Now my temps are 45 idle and 60 load with P-D 805@3.4GHz and 1600rpm fan on the BT. I would like to have a silent fan but still have good temps and I think the BT can't do that.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Xtreme Member
    Thanks! This is really helpful!

Nice Post!

Thx

Xtreme Member
    this was a great post!!!!!!! im sharing it with everyone that needs a new cooler!
    Viva Ronaldo!

nazu- i have the sonic tower on a e6600 oc-ed to 3.5gig
    i bought the 120 mm fan to put inbetween the fins-but it was to loud-annoying!
    so i rip off the stock heatsink fan and modded it to fit inside the fins of my sonic tower- easy as' like prunning azaelia's.lol
    now it idles on 21c and loads to 39c in prime95....i cant get 3.6gig stable....yet
    elmadre

Xtreme Addict
    If the cooler is too heavy, or you worry about it, just rig something simple to add additional suspension from the top of the case.

Xtreme Member
    thermaltake BT vx vs zalman cnps9500led .. which one is better ? i have both but lazy to test it 1 by 1..
    Intel Core i7 870,
    MSI P55 GD65,
    4x 2048mb DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator,
    Sapphire 5870,
    Corsair HX850W,
    2x 640GB WD sata II,
    1x 1TB WD Sata III,

Xtreme Addict

Vigor Monsoon™ II Active TEC CPU Cooling System

Has anyone tried this mini TEC rig? Is this worth the $149 or should i just wait for the tuniq tower 120 to be rereleased Sept.20th (per tuniq usa)? Btw the evercool silver knight performed horribly for an overclocked e6600, just able to boot into windows at 3.6ghz but 60 C idle. Just trying to get my e6600 3.6ghz stable...(week 28)

http://www.vigorgaming.com/component...nii_intel.html

http://www.vigorgaming.com/component...onsoon-sm2.jpg

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaX
    tuniq tower 120 to be rereleased Sept.20th
    Really?

beefin' it up!
    oh good god... that TEC-based cooler has to be the worst cooler ever. Allow me to point out why it sucks:
    1) the TEC is 40x40mm. The most powerful 40x40mm TEC is a 172watt TEC (172 watts of heat-pumpnig power; heat output is far higher), and that's a 24volt TEC. Chances are its much weaker.
    2) 50 watts at 100% load means that its pumping probably 40 watts at the most. For those of you who are not aware, if you load a TEC beyond its ratings it starts to bake whatever it's on. It can't pump the heat away fast enough, resulting in the temperature rising and rising and... foom! fire. real fire. burn-your-house-down fire.

That monsoon is equally horrible, drawing 60watts, meaning the TEC is weaker than that...

This products should be outright illegal. they are a bold endangerment of peoples safety. They will start fires!!! A fully loaded CPU will comfortably overwhelm either, even at stock. Please, do not buy these products! Do some TEC research instead!!!

Xtreme Addict
    ok, will wait for the tuniq tower rerelease...cnps9700 is coming out soon too but probably won't be as good...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaX
    ok, will wait for the tuniq tower rerelease...cnps9700 is coming out soon too but probably won't be as good...
    coming out soon? how soon?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer
    oh good god... that TEC-based cooler has to be the worst cooler ever. Allow me to point out why it sucks:
    1) the TEC is 40x40mm. The most powerful 40x40mm TEC is a 172watt TEC (172 watts of heat-pumpnig power; heat output is far higher), and that's a 24volt TEC. Chances are its much weaker.
    2) 50 watts at 100% load means that its pumping probably 40 watts at the most. For those of you who are not aware, if you load a TEC beyond its ratings it starts to bake whatever it's on. It can't pump the heat away fast enough, resulting in the temperature rising and rising and... foom! fire. real fire. burn-your-house-down fire.

That monsoon is equally horrible, drawing 60watts, meaning the TEC is weaker than that...

This products should be outright illegal. they are a bold endangerment of peoples safety. They will start fires!!! A fully loaded CPU will comfortably overwhelm either, even at stock. Please, do not buy these products! Do some TEC research instead!!!
    What TEC cooler are you talking about?
    Is it the AMANDA TEC Cooler?

Antec P180 SILVER
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios 1602
    Intel Core I7 2600K @ 4.8ghz 1.295V Manual 24/7
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    OCZ 700W PSU
    4X2GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
    Seagate 1TB Samsung 1TB (X3)
    MSI Radeon HD 5850
    WINDOWS 7 PRO X64

Xtreme Member
    I'm anxiously waiting to see some XS members' results with that Amanda cooler. The reviews make it sound like a very lovely heatsink fan. However, the price of it is a little salty. I'll wait for more reviews before I even start contemplating replacing this SI-128 I just bought. This SI128 keeps the temperature around 12 degrees C cooler than stock temperatures after overclocking. The bios shows around 32C idle and ~45C load (according to sandra's smbios measurements). Intel's thermal analysis tool is a little different, showing 44C idle and ~54C load. Not sure which one is accurate. Either way, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase, the clips went in extremely easy compared to the stock heatsink fan, but pliers are definately needed to remove this thing if you have it in a case. I'm sure the same goes for most large hsfs.

On another thought, I could not get my swiftech cooler on my northbridge with the SI-128. Had to reinstall the ole extreme spirit. Nevertheless, still happy.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 3.3ghz w/ Thermalright SI-128

Sapphire ATI HD4850 - 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC
    Logitech G15 - Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Sennheiser HD595 Headphones
    OCZ 600Watt GameXtreme
    Custom fUnc Archetype mousepad

Xtreme Enthusiast
    should add AMD's new stock heatpipe cooler to that list =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    - Team Skootterit
    - SuperPi32M : 18m53.156s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi8M : 3m55.703s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi1M : 21.484s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)

Xtreme Member
    Where in the USA can I get the TITAN TEC cooler?

Alex

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast