Thread: ok I don't get much greener than this !

ok I don't get much greener than this !

Never having had to burn a DVD before, I need to burn a DVD with a single large iso file, 3 gig plus!

What program should I use?

Do I need to specify that it's an ISO file that I want to burn?

Is it better to burn a DVD at a slower burn speed, in comparison to optimum, to insure across the board compatability ? (I've had this problem before with CD's!)

Xtreme Mentor
    I use alcohol 120%. Although you have to pay for this program, it is very powerful yet has a very intuitive interface that is easy to learn very quickly.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If it's simply writing an ISO to a disc then I use magicISO, im not sure if you have to pay though to burn DVD's but it is so simple to use. Failing that good ol' Nero works for me, but im sure there are loads out there as good/better.

Xtreme CCIE
    Quote Originally Posted by cmangle
    Never having had to burn a DVD before, I need to burn a DVD with a single large iso file, 3 gig plus!

What program should I use?

Do I need to specify that it's an ISO file that I want to burn?

Is it better to burn a DVD at a slower burn speed, in comparison to optimum, to insure across the board compatability ? (I've had this problem before with CD's!)
    I'll agree with Alcohol 120%.

From there, you should be fine going with optimum settings (usually programs will do a quick test and just set it for you automagically)... just make sure to use DVD-R or DVD-RW (as opposed to DVD+R or +RW) discs if you want to have absolute compatability. A lot of DVD players out there still don't support the "+" format, but everything that accepts written discs will read the "-" format.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Member
    "Dvd decrypter" is a free program for making and burning ISOs.