Thread: Cheers!

Cheers!

Here's what you can expect when you clean a PA 120.3 rad with 5% distilled white vinegar.

I'm now on my sixth pass and third gallon of vinegar and somehow not feeling incredibly optimistic that this will be the time when I get clear vinegar coming out. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better.

At least the fifth time appears to have less sediment settled at the bottom - but then again maybe I just haven't given it enough time to settle.

haha, each time I soak, I then use the hose with flush out the rad, then put more vinegar in. Takes a little longer, but with the adjustable nozzle on the hose I can get some decent water pressure going through the rad to help clean out residue.

So did you get vinegar coming out looking the way it went in with that method?

Quote Originally Posted by vyper
    So did you get vinegar coming out looking the way it went in with that method?

its still getting milky, but not as bad, less a little each time.

When I do it, I use the pray nozzle on stream, and put it through both sides of the RAD.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    i wouldnt worry isf the vinegar is milky... but if you let water pass through and it becomes milky, use more vinegar
    Asus P5B-Deluxe 0614
    Conroe E6400 @ 2.56ghz
    Team Xtreem DDR2 2x1GB @ 900
    ATI X1900XTX // MC14 Ramsinks -DEAD- Using spare 7900gt now
    Hitachi 80gb | Hitachi 80gb | Seagate 320gb
    Mountainmods U2-UFO Original Black \\ BenQ DVD-RAM
    Corsair Hx620
    Swiftech Storm r2 \\ Swiftech MCW60 \\ Swiftech MCW30 \\ Thermochill PA120.3 \\ Swiftech MCRES Micro \\ DDC+ Plexi Top

Heatware | Guide To Current WaterCooling Components | Guide To WaterCooling and Leak Testing

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've heard Scrubbing Bubbles or something gets the job done in about 1 try. Maybe you can give that a try.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

Have you tried filling with vinegar halfway and shaking the !@#*$&) out of the thing a couple of times? After about 10 good half fills + crazy shaking alternating water and vinegar (which pruned my fingers), I only needed one good 6 hour soak to get the rest out. Of course, I followed up with more shaky shaky and another soak for insurance and it's clean now. Currently, I am having my system flowing outside the computer until Core2Duo to find out if my tubing will get whitestained again.

However, wierd thing is that I had a good bunch of black "specs" coming out of my PA120.3

XS_THE_MACHINE
    i use SB and it cleaned well, i did it 2 times for about 5mins each... then i soaked in vinegar overnight, and the vinegar came out milky..

when i did it, i put in a bit of water then sprayed foam into the funnel, then washed the foam into the rad. this time i will use straight foaminto the rad.

FYI, the sprayer end fits onto 7/16 tubes
    Asus P5B-Deluxe 0614
    Conroe E6400 @ 2.56ghz
    Corsair Hx620
    Swiftech Storm r2 \\ Swiftech MCW60 \\ Swiftech MCW30 \\ Thermochill PA120.3 \\ Swiftech MCRES Micro \\ DDC+ Plexi Top

Heatware | Guide To Current WaterCooling Components | Guide To WaterCooling and Leak Testing

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kninetik
    However, wierd thing is that I had a good bunch of black "specs" coming out of my PA120.3
    me too

but for the first 3hr vinegar soak, some came out, then the SB soak #1 the rest came out.
    Asus P5B-Deluxe 0614
    Conroe E6400 @ 2.56ghz
    Corsair Hx620

Persevere! This is my what my 6th vinegar soak looks like and you can see the difference:

Yeah it's a lot of work, but I'd say it's worth it.

I used denatured alcholol to flush a vehicle A/C Condenser once. I wonder if it's effective on PC rads also.

Xtreme Member
    I use denatured alcohol with the vinegar and it is faster to clean the rad.
    .:If It Isn't Broke, Overclock It!:. .:Overclock It Til It Bleeds!:. .:If you can read this, then you aren't "well" Overclocked yet...!!! :.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper
    Persevere! This is my what my 6th vinegar soak looks like and you can see the difference:

Yeah it's a lot of work, but I'd say it's worth it.
    Congrats to you! That is really sparkling clean water!

Xtreme Guru
    Very patient...
    Nice work!
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity