Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now it's my Turn (MCP655/Storm Rev.2/Maze4/BIX Single) @ 7/16 Tubing

Xtreme Member

Now it's my Turn (MCP655/Storm Rev.2/Maze4/BIX Single) @ 7/16 Tubing

Well Guys,

Wish me luck.... here is my first WC Loop after many years of customized air cooling.

The Package, Thanks Petra, excellent service I even got a pen

A closer view of the Black Ice Extreme 120mm Radiator from Petra's. I love the rad it's very nice.. striking nice. I will proceed doing some Scrubbing Bubble cleaning as I did notice was dirty inside with white dust.

Here something that got me a little worried about how hard will this radiator ask for airflow... so far it seems like any 120mm fan will do just fine. See by yourself.. I tried to take a picture where you could see through the rad.

More to come... now time to do some cleanup and put this baby together also need to do some modding... I have to make a 120mm blow hole on top of the case.. I'm planning on putting a fan inside the case on top pulling fresh air from outside.

Xtreme Member
    Well I'm a little bit out of space and decided will do it inside case.. so I'm biting the bullet with the single extreme radiator which have been told will perform same or better than a double BIP

Next time I'll buy a better case for WC.

>>> Update <<<

Breaking news...! Scrubbing Bubbles is 7/16 compatible

I decided to use some tubing pieces to flush the rad with regular water and saw lot of white stuff coming out.. then proceeded to use 7/16 Scrubbing Bubbles until foam come out from one barb to the other one ... LOL I know I'm crazy...

Xtreme Member
    LMAO..! Well guys I wish I had a snake camera but the rad looks darn nice clean and shiny inside all copper... no more white dusty dust.. :p

Good... somehow I didn't want to go the vinegar way ... this is not a salad well... my cables right now look like that

Now this is scary

Words from a nOOb... I can really tell now what restriction is... as I was holding the one side of the hose to push water through from the water tap I could not feel any pressure or resistance while flushing the Maze 4 block but when I flushed the Storm rev2 block I could notice right away a world of difference ... water was leaking all over the sink as I was trying to plug all the leaks from my hand and the water tap

Xtreme Member
    Oh Right... I wanted the 120mm Blow Hole on top of the case for the rad and here I have it.

The case is an Antec TX1050B

Dremel time...

Easier than what I thought

Here I know it's not a fancy grill but I found it in a local store for $4 with a filter which it comes handy for dust.

And here is the rad finally mounted...

looks nice... tell me if the temps are so much better than a nice air cooling... im steel not sure if it's realy worth the extra buck...

cya

Xtreme Enthusiast
    get yourself 38mm thick fan for BIX Radiator

Xtreme Addict
    You need a strong fan for a BIX to work well. As SDKEVIN suggested, get a 38mm one, preferably a sanyo denki or delta.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the tips guys... I'll check results with what I have so far the radiator fan is the one that came with the case it's a 3 speed Antec 120mm fan... I'll place the Yateloon one on the back of the case... obviously need the stronger one at the rad. I just ran over the budget so I have to work with the parts I have... but I'll keep in mind the recommendations ... Thanks

Git-R-Done
    How much scrubbing bubbles was needed to flush the rad? (fraction of a can?)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpoon
    How much scrubbing bubbles was needed to flush the rad? (fraction of a can?)
    Just very little, around 6 inches of tubing.. I filled up the tubing and stopped when I saw foam for about 6 inches long then some water.

Xtreme Cruncher
    nice....looking forward to seeing more pics...
    750W Thermaltake Modular PSU
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8
    Core i7 920 @ 20 X 200 1.325V
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    768 MB EVGA 8800GTX
    1 X 36GB WD Raptor
    2 X 150GB WD RAPTORS
    1 X SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB
    1 X Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB
    16 X NEC DVD Burner
    7 120mm Yate Loon LED Intake Fan
    4 120MM Yate Loon Exhaust Fan
    28" HANNSPREE Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

1 X PA120.3
    1 X PA120.2
    2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Xtreme Member
    Thanks guys...

Here is where I am.... it got too late as I had to deal with real life responsibilities I worked most of the night getting the loop ready but got very late 3:00 AM

I will continue trying to figure out where to place the pump and the Swiftech Micro Reservoir... I should go the T-Line option but it's too late and believe it or not the reservoir it's what's holding me down. The case looks like it has lot of room right now but there will be 2 hard drives and DVD burners on the right side so I'm really trying to figure out how to place the reservoir as it has to be placed on vertical position..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Am I the only guy that still leak tests a complete loop outside the case? :P

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torin
    Am I the only guy that still leak tests a complete loop outside the case? :P
    Maybe you have the looping skills to figure out the tubing length but for a nOOb like me there is no way I can tell how much tubing I will need until I have the parts in place.. plus you can always cover most of the electronic components with some plastic film and some workshop paper while running the leak test with pure distilled water... also I assume leaks can't be that big if you do it right

Xtreme Addict
    I leak tested with everything in place but only powering the loop ..computer was off..I used an old psu...this way if there are leaks things can get a little wet but not fired, I hope...I start leak test early in the day....check every hour or so..then after overnight I check again..and I always(HAHA twice) check for 24hrs(only have done 2 loops.)
    My Heat
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz Raystorm
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 16gb(4x4) G.Skill PC12800 Ripjaws X
    x1900xt MCW60
    Rad: Thermochill PA120.3 3YL SL/ Pump: DDC2 w/ Petra's top 7/16in ID masterkleer
    Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD/ 1TB WD Black Caviar SATA
    X-Fi music/SH-203B/H62L/LH-20A1L
    Corsair HX620w /Acer AL2223W/modded TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealh
    I leak tested with everything in place but only powering the loop ..computer was off..I used an old psu...this way if there are leaks things can get a little wet but not fired, I hope...I start leak test early in the day....check every hour or so..then after overnight I check again..and I always(HAHA twice) check for 24hrs(only have done 2 loops.)
    That's exactly what I had in mind... I won't even use my beautiful PSU. I'm going to grab an old PSU I have in my bone yard (My basement) and let the leaks begin

I leak tested my first loop outside of the case. I'm on my second loop now and leak tested inside the case because I added a GPU block and such. I jumpped the main PSU with a paper clip.

As for leaks, you have to be doing something terribly wrong to get leaks with 7/16 tubing on 1/2 fittings. I guess the barbs could leak from where they meet the blocks though. Hasn't happened to me yet and I only hand tightened with no teflon.
    Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ ClawHammer
    eVGA 6800GT AGP

Watercooling:
    Swiftech Storm CPU - Swiftech MCW60 GPU
    Swiftech MCP655 Pump - Swiftech MCR-220 Rad

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXican
    I leak tested my first loop outside of the case. I'm on my second loop now and leak tested inside the case because I added a GPU block and such. I jumpped the main PSU with a paper clip.

As for leaks, you have to be doing something terribly wrong to get leaks with 7/16 tubing on 1/2 fittings. I guess the barbs could leak from where they meet the blocks though. Hasn't happened to me yet and I only hand tightened with no teflon.
    Acrylic or plexi has always leaked for me without extreme tightening and lots of teflon tape. Delrin and brass never leak though even with just hand tightening and a little tape or o-ring barbs in my experience.

Btw, that poor little 120mm rad is gonna be struggling with a cpu block, gpu block, and D5 pump. Ouch.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme Member
    Well guys... here is a little update... I wish I had more hours to work on my WC project but I had to be a father and husband until 10:00 PM :p

So here is where I'm at.. hopefully today my loop will meet WATER..!

Here is my approach:
    Pump --> GPU --> CPU --> Rad --> Res --> Back to Pump

Now I think I got it darn good on the pump location and orientation as you can see the pump will have very little problem with the priming as by gravity the water will go in from the reservoir to the pump intake. Thanks for the tip "Marci"

My biggest problem was pump/reservoir location I really spent hours trying to figure the best choice. Also I ended up recycling a piece of metal from the case and using it as a reservoir bracket.

Note: I haven't finished with the connection so you get the idea with the little arrows.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    Btw, that poor little 120mm rad is gonna be struggling with a cpu block, gpu block, and D5 pump. Ouch.
    Will see what this little BI Extreme little rad can do...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxDieselxXx
    Will see what this little BI Extreme little rad can do...
    It'll be good but your gonna need a really really powerful fan.

now I want to mount my pump like that

good thing I have 10 more feet of tubing on the way
    Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ ClawHammer
    eVGA 6800GT AGP

Watercooling:
    Swiftech Storm CPU - Swiftech MCW60 GPU
    Swiftech MCP655 Pump - Swiftech MCR-220 Rad

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looking really nice so far, looking forward to more pics. This should be useful for my WC loop as well which should be ordered soon...

Usama aka Ferrari Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

Xtreme Member
    Nice heatercore selection, and I'm using the same case -- Dragan

Dual Panaflos at 108CFM x 120mm allowed me to reach idle temps of 18c on a 700MHz overclock, before I replaced them

It's an old pic;

http://nonphxn.net/Picture/my_machine/PICT0074.JPG
    Last edited by pH(x); 07-13-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXican
    now I want to mount my pump like that

good thing I have 10 more feet of tubing on the way
    LOL Pumps going belly up now... that's Marci's fault

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast