Thread: How well do you like your Nforce 570/590? Please comment!

Xtreme Enthusiast

How well do you like your Nforce 570/590? Please comment!

I went through lots of motherboards for s939 and the only one that performed best was the DFI's. The nforce 4 had its share of problems with some hard drive corruption issues etc. I want to give AM2 a chance and before I splurge on a new rig I need to know a few things!

1) Anyone that has a nforce 570/590, if you look under your control panel > administrative tools > event log, and then look under system, do you have any error 51's?? I got those on ALL nforce 4 motherboards I had.

2) Are their any weird bugs with the current drivers or motherboards?

3) I was looking hard at either the Asus or the Foxconn. Any weird issues with these motherboards?

4) How is stability? I need this 100%.

If you guys that have these boards/chipsets could ansrew those questions for me I'd be very happy and I'm sure others would like to know a few of these things aswell!

I am Xtreme
    1> no idea
    2> not that I've run into
    3> Foxconn is rock solid here
    4> no issues so far
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

uncore challenged...
    i will follow suit and preface by saying i have both the Foxconn C51 and Asus M2N32-SLI DLX WIFI...

1> no error 51s on the C51 but a whole pile of 7000s for a parallel port that doesn't exist

2> haven't ran into any issues with either board except the keyboard and mouse are flaky through my KVM on the C51, the Foxconn NF4SK8AA (nForce4 SLI) had the same issues with the same KVM. Foxconn, call Startech and get this sorted out because the board is damn near useles if it can run through my KVM!!

3> again aside for the Foxconn not liking my StarTech KVM everything has been peechy with both boards. many video cards, ATI/NVIDIA, have been through both with multiple windows installs on single SATAs and RAID arrays and not one issue from either.

4> they are both just benching rigs but the C51 crunches Rosetta 24/7 when not benching at 300*10 / DDR1000 4-4-3-5 / 1.65v without a single error. the M2N32-SLI has been super solid too without a single issue while benching or super long StressPrime runs at high overclocks.

if there is anything else you want me to check on either board i would be happy to, the C51 is always running but until another kit of DDR2 makes it way to me the M2N32 will be sitting idle. i will mention that they both overclock well with CPUs and memory. easy 350HTT with either one but the Foxconn requires to clockgen after 290HTT as it doesn't like to POST for me past 290 but i would imagine with some effort i could sort that out, im just lazy and clockgen works so well

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    1> no idea
    4> no issues so far
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    i will follow suit and preface by saying i have both the Foxconn C51 and Asus M2N32-SLI DLX WIFI...

1> no error 51s on the C51 but a whole pile of 7000s for a parallel port that doesn't exist

2> haven't ran into any issues with either board except the keyboard and mouse are flaky through my KVM on the C51, the Foxconn NF4SK8AA (norce4 SLI) had the same issues with the same KVM. Foxconn, call Startech and get this sorted out because the board is damn near useles if it can run through my KVM!!

3> again aside for the Foxconn not liking my StarTech KVM everything has been peechy with both boards. many video cards, ATI/NVIDIA, have been through both with multiple windows installs on single SATAs and RAID arrays and not one issue from either.

4> they are both just benching rigs but the C51 crunches Rosetta 24/7 when not benching at 300*10 / DDR1000 4-4-3-5 / 1.65v without a single error. the M2N32-SLI has been super solid too without a single issue while benching or super long StressPrime runs at high overclocks.

if there is anything else you want me to check on either board i would be happy to, the C51 is always running but until another kit of DDR2 makes it way to me the M2N32 will be sitting idle. i will mention that they both overclock well with CPUs and memory. easy 350HTT with either one but the Foxconn requires to clockgen after 290HTT as it doesn't like to POST for me past 290 but i would imagine with some effort i could sort that out, im just lazy and clockgen works so well
    Looks like "C51" is a lot stronger than Nforce4? Sounds like nvidia got a good thing going here. The foxconn 290 htt problem sounds bad. When the asus was first out I heard people had problems where it wouldn't keep bios settings saved.

Since you have both boards, which one would you recommend?

Edit: I though C51 was last generations south bridge?

Thanks!
    Last edited by derektm; 07-11-2006 at 04:24 PM.

uncore challenged...
    its hard to recommend one over the other.

i don't think anyone else has had issues for booting at reasonable HTT on the C51 and is probably isolated to me but keep in mind my C51 is rock stable at 370HTT too:

i was only able to get the M2N32 up to the 350 mark but again, not alot of time was dedicated to that. overall though the M2N32 seems to be a tad bit more stable when overclocking and when you get to the limits as it has never acted "odd" under extreme situations where as the C51 gets a bit flaky when it reaches its limits.

if you were an average consumer looking for a solid overclock and a stable board i might have to go M2N32, but if your a true xtremer then i lean towards the C51 as it seems to be able to push a touch further. that said i haven't modded either yet or run either uner crazy cooling so my opinion is open for discussion.

HTH a little but not likely

**BTW what do you mean by "using last generations SB"? i mean, the SB is a 590 chip under the copper HS/F if thats what your asking.
    Last edited by 3oh6; 07-12-2006 at 08:28 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    its hard to recommend one over the other.

i don't think anyone else has had issues for booting at reasonable HTT on the C51 and is probably isolated to me but keep in mind my C51 is rock stable at 370HTT too:

i was only able to get the M2N32 up to the 350 mark but again, not alot of time was dedicated to that. overall though the M2N32 seems to be a tad bit more stable when overclocking and when you get to the limits as it has never acted "odd" under extreme situations where as the C51 gets a bit flaky when it reaches its limits.

if you were an average consumer looking for a solid overclock and a stable board i might have to go M2N32, but if your a true xtremer then i lean towards the C51 as it seems to be able to push a touch further. that said i haven't modded either yet or run either uner crazy cooling so my opinion is open for discussion.

HTH a little but not likely

**BTW what do you mean by "using last generations SB"? i mean, the SB is a 590 chip under the copper HS/F if thats what your asking.
    Thanks for the information! I see now your referring to the Foxconn board as "C51". Doh sorry (I wrote that not using my brain )

Thanks again for your help!

Xtreme Member
    M2N32-SLI DLX here and everything is rock solid.In fact this is the FIRST Asus board that DOES NOT undervolt at full load.

@3oh6 Do you have an X2 and if yes what's the max vcore you can kick????I have an X2 4200 and iam toping out at 1.5625 which gives me 1.59.The overvolt option does not work for me.MB revision 1.03G.

uncore challenged...
    na, im too poor for dual cores so its single core for me until they cut the legs out from underneath the X2 like a materazzi tackle...shame on me for my bad jokes.

but yes, i did run into the same voltage problems (overvolt option not getting more than 1.6v) i think but haven't had the M2N32 running for a week or two due to the fact that i only have 1 DDRII kit of memory, hmm maybe i should throw a banner in my signature

i will shut rosetta down on the C51 in a bit and move the platinums over to the M2N32 and see what i can find for you Varsos.

Quote Originally Posted by derektm
    I see now your referring to the Foxconn board as "C51". Doh sorry (I wrote that not using my brain )

Thanks again for your help!
    no worries but its my bad taking the lazy way out, yes C51 is referring to the Foxconn because typing C51XEM2AA-8EKRSH2LMNOP... is just a bit much
    Last edited by 3oh6; 07-12-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I have the M2N-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition, I love it. No problems at all.

~Mike
    Main Rig: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz, 64GB of memory, 512GB m.2 SSD, nVidia GTX1080Ti
    NAS: QNAP TVS-1282, 8 x 4TB WD Golds(Main Storage Pool), 4 x 960GB M4 Crucial (VM Storage) , 2 x 512GB M.2 Caching
    Private Cloud: 4 Nodes (2 x Xeon 5645, 48GB DDR3 ECC/REG, 1 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 960GB SSD/Each)
    Distributed Encoding Cloud: 4 Nodes (2 x Xeon x5690, 24GB DDR3 ECC/REG, 1 x 128GB SSD/Each)
    Feedback
    EBAY:HEAT

Xtreme Member
    Biggest complain so far is that some serious extra airflow is needed to cool M2N heatpipe...

That and the POS performance with DDR2 533 lol but thats not really mobo's fault

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Xtreme Member
    foxconn here. i got error 51's for my cdrom drive. but its probably because i got the cheapest drive out there. everything has been stable and i love it.

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsos
    @3oh6 Do you have an X2 and if yes what's the max vcore you can kick????I have an X2 4200 and iam toping out at 1.5625 which gives me 1.59.The overvolt option does not work for me.MB revision 1.03G.
    sorry for the late reply but the Foxconn was hogging the DDR2 until today. i am back on the M2n32 as it clocks memory much better than the Foxconn C51, or so i have found thus far with a single kit of OCZ 7200. back to my point, and your question...no i don't have the same problem as you i guess, i thought i did.

mine tops out at 1.66v according to the BIOS. what i thought was the VCORE reading on the motherboard is spitting out 1.85v on the DMM so that isn't the right spot. here are the shots with the BIOS showing this...

this is of course with the option enabled on the next page in the BIOS for over voltage. my Foxconn C51 has no issues putting 1.8v to the CPU (according to the BIOS) so the M2N32 definitely falls behind there but a voltage mod will take care of anything HTH

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    1> no idea
    4> no issues so far
    QFT
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

1> i do have a few errors....they are warning...even 51, relating to hard disk error during paging. haven't had any problems though
    2> only one so far i've noticed is that the NIC teaming doesn't work properly and there isn't enough configuration (part bug, part me ing)
    3> my asus rules.
    4> my system in sig oc'd is stable...
    Asus P5AD2 Premium w/ Prescott 540--------------Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi w/ AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.4
    1 Gig Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-10---------------------2 Gig OCZ Gold EL DDR2-667 4-4-4-8 (at 5-5-5-10 & 800mhz)
    eVGA 6200 TC/CMEDIA 9880 onboard--------------2x eVGA 7900 GTO 512MB/Audigy 2 ZS Plat
    Pioneer DVR-108----------------------------------LG GSA-H10A DVD-RW
    1x80 Seagate 7200.9, 1x30 IBM Deathstar----------2x160 Seagate 7200.7, 1x160 Hitachi
    Antec Smartpower 2.0 450W-----------------------Enermax Noisetaker 600W
    Zalman CNPS7700CU-------------------------------MSI Video capture card
    Das Keyboard/Logitech MX1000--------------------Das Keyboard II/Logitech MX518
    SUSE 10.1----------------------------------------Windows XP Professional SP2
    --------------------------------------------------Dell 2005 FPW/iiyama 17NE1
    --------------------------------------------------Logitech 5300e