Thread: Swifty MCP650 Inlet Hose WARM

Xtreme Addict

Swifty MCP650 Inlet Hose WARM

I had to cut/change a couple of my hoses to fit my new Infinity board, also fitted a couple of copper 90 degree bends to my Fusion GHU block so I can have nice short hoses in/out without needing a lot longer bend using just the 1/2" tubing

I filled the res as usual a couple of times, moved everything back and forth and bled any big air bubbles then filled res again then fired the pump up with practically no air left in the loop except for ~ 2 inch air pocket between the res output and Swiftech Storm CPU block that the pump was just unable to move ??, the ONLU way I could get rid of this air pocket was by loosening the inlet to the CPU block and manually bleeding

It took 'kin ages to get the remaining air out of the loop (a LOT longer than normal) and when everything looked fine and was running perfectly I noticed that the hose from the GPU block to the pump was quite warm, I know there is a certain amount of heat dumped into the loop from the pump but has anyone ever noticed the inlet hose actually transfering the heat dumped from the pump ???
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Member
    I've noticed the same thing, though the hose to the pump is not nearly as warm as the outlet from cpu/gpu.

Xtreme Addict
    What rad and tubing are you using ? When bleeding personally I put the fans on, although even under full load the tube returning from the waterblocks isn't warm to touch for me ...

Xtreme Addict
    The rad that comes with the Apex kit and using 1/2" ID ClearFLEX
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's