Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Units shipping thread - finally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    Reggie and I agreed a few months ago not to put a controller in mine and just rig it up with a few probes and throw in a UEI monitor.
    Same here. . .he was going to rig the display to the UEI mm to the front of the case and let it read from a few temp probes.

Would love to hear from Reggie on this.

Xtreme Member
    I give credit where credit is due on one thing from Reggie for sure. He never just up and disappered on us completely and since I managed to take a long enough step away my perspective on progress made is that although it is slow at least it's there in some form.

I'm working my best to get my situation worked out in the best way that is possible with Reggie, beign that we're two people with real lives. I would advise those of you that look to this thread every single day for progress and have been doing so for many months or whatever, try and change it to look every week instead. I stepped away from teh situation for 3 or 4 months to just let any hot emotions blow over, and coming back I'm very glad that I did because it saved me a lot of stress of thinking about the situation every day.

Bottom line is, he's going to make good or he's not, if you want to say something to him, call him and talk to him directly or e-mail him and give him a fair chance to defend himself and remember that he's just one person just like you.
    I had the fastest 32M Opteron time for about 1/2 day, and I'm damn proud of it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weee
    I give credit where credit is due on one thing from Reggie for sure. He never just up and disappered on us completely and since I managed to take a long enough step away my perspective on progress made is that although it is slow at least it's there in some form.

I'm working my best to get my situation worked out in the best way that is possible with Reggie, beign that we're two people with real lives. I would advise those of you that look to this thread every single day for progress and have been doing so for many months or whatever, try and change it to look every week instead. I stepped away from teh situation for 3 or 4 months to just let any hot emotions blow over, and coming back I'm very glad that I did because it saved me a lot of stress of thinking about the situation every day.

Bottom line is, he's going to make good or he's not, if you want to say something to him, call him and talk to him directly or e-mail him and give him a fair chance to defend himself and remember that he's just one person just like you.
    Love the way you approach the situation! You have to wait anyway....so why not wait with a smile.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My unit arrived today. I can't test it under load yet but i can confirm it idles at -50C. This is odd because that's 9C worse than last time I had it, but as long as it holds under load I really don't care. Reggie, you certainly appear to have kept your word.
    3770k @ 5ghz 1.35v linx stable
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    8gb Samsung Green @ 2600mhz 11-11-11-31
    EVGA GTX 680
    Corsair AX850
    XSPC Watercooling

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by computerpro3
    My unit arrived today. I can't test it under load yet but i can confirm it idles at -50C. This is odd because that's 9C worse than last time I had it, but as long as it holds under load I really don't care. Reggie, you certainly appear to have kept your word.
    The lower the charge, the less load it can handle, but the lower idle temps will be. The bigger the charge, more load capability, high idle temps..Thats the general idea at least
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead Head
    The lower the charge, the less load it can handle, but the lower idle temps will be. The bigger the charge, more load capability, high idle temps..Thats the general idea at least
    that would explain why it hit -60C right after it slowly started leaking the first time but couldn't hold worth a damn
    3770k @ 5ghz 1.35v linx stable
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    8gb Samsung Green @ 2600mhz 11-11-11-31
    EVGA GTX 680
    Corsair AX850
    XSPC Watercooling

Xtreme Cruncher
    that would explain why it hit -60C right after it slowly started leaking the first time but couldn't hold worth a damn
    \

Yes, the lower the pressure the gas evaporates, the lower the idle temps will be, as the gas charge lowers, the vacuum on the suction side will increase, so temps will be lower, but load temps will suck unbelievably
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Member
    Good to hear another unit has made it home
    I had the fastest 32M Opteron time for about 1/2 day, and I'm damn proud of it

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Good news

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Addict
    For those who are not aware, I have recently been heavily involved with trying to assist in organising matters for Chilly1 as part of the duties as Fund Administrator.

In this regard, I would like to request that all parties waiting for a unit to be completed to PM me with their details, Date of order, payment details if possible, and as much detail as possible about the unit they have ordered.

I know that there are partial lists that have been assembled, I have taken that information and added as much to it as possible. However, if I could build a full timeline of orders, their status, and their order of completion, it would greatly help both myself in administrating the Chilly1 Fund and to assist Reggie in ensuring that builds are completed in a timely fashion.

If you are aware of parties that are not a part of XS forums but are awaiting completion of units, you could request that they email me at gram808 (at) hotmail (dot) com with 'Chilly1 order' in the title.

I am seeking to build a detailed database to assist in this matter. Any information you have would be very helpful.

I would also request that any parties who have ordered units with controllers, that are willing to have their unit completed with a switch and temp probe instead of a control system, to forward that along with the other details.

As it has been noted, there are some very serious issues with control systems at present and this is detrimentally affecting unit production. If you are willing to have this substitution the Fund could be in a position to refund the difference in cost to those who have fully paid, and concessions can be made in this instance to those who have partially paid/put deposits on units and are awaiting their completion before the balance is paid.

Also those who have come to a point where reimbursement is the only option, could you please contact me either by PM or by the listed email address and I will endeavor to assist in dealing with your claim. I will require the same information as requested above, and any additional information you may have regarding refund request dates or that you deem pertinent to your claim.

Your support would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

Kind regards,

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Any more updates for us Reggie? Completed units, shipped units? Pix, details, anything for us to munch on?

Hope to see you posting again soon.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sent an email to you GM, might send anotehr with mroe indepth details as i look into my pms.
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks so far to everyone that's PMing and emailing the details of their orders

I'd like to ask if it's possible for those who have sent details, to ensure that I recieve their current shipping details if they haven't sent them.

Ideally, the database I'm building will have names(both real and forum name), build details, a timeline, and an address for units to be shipped to.

This will ensure that everything is there for both myself and Reggie to know where he stands, and have everything he needs to get it done and to your door.

Please note that this is not a list for public posting so your personal details will not be published.

Thanks again,

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for all Gray!

Would be nice to see the list, cause I'm one of the waiting customers...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Entsafter
    Thanks for all Gray!

Would be nice to see the list, cause I'm one of the waiting customers...
    No problem

I'm very happy to do it, as it'll make what I'm trying to do much easier and hopefully then it will be 100% clear to Reggie what needs doing.

I very much appreciate that people are sending the info I need!

I may adapt a second list for publishing later on that does not include personal details but I'm not totally sure about that as yet. While it would be nice to have a clear list for customers to know where they are in a timeframe that's not why I'm requesting it. I'll try to do so though, but that will be a little longer as I'm focussing on making sure a fully detailed database is done first, and that's going to be eating a little time before a second one can be done.

Hopefully I'll keep receiving information from everyone involved until I can be 100% sure that's everyone, then when the list is done I'll be working with Reggie to put the information into as easy a format as possible for him to deal with it on a 'checklist' kind of system. Anything to make the organisation easier for him, means faster results for everyone.

I appreciate those that are noting if a controller can be substituted for them as well, that will certainly assist in matters where a controller cannot be sourced in the short term. It also saves my having to approach everyone individually too.

Thanks very much to all, I hope to have the database mostly done by the end of this week, and then additions can be made when needed.

Again, if anyone know's of customers that are unaware of the list I'm building, could they contact them with my details? It would help greatly

Cheers,

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I wonder when my unit is coming. It seems you have to take legal action before your unit gets shipped. I've been waiting since 12/3/05, it pisses me off when people that have been waiting 4 months are asking for their stuff back already. Let them wait, I've been waiting long enough.
    Core i5 2500K - 8GB Corsair Vengeance, ASUS P8Z68-V, Sapphire 5830, Antec 550w

[XC] gomeler
    Cars are meant to be driven and then painstakingly cleaned and maintained.

Banned
    You should take a weekend and fly out to LV and pick up your unit or help get it finished. You're lucky that it's only a couple hour flight. I'd have done it already if it wasn't such a long flight and I could get 3 or 4 days off to do it. I've been waiting since early december 05 as well.

Xtreme Member
    FragTek, that's rediculous. I have to waste my time / money to get MY unit after a year of waiting? It seems I have to do EVERYTHING to get my unit back.
    Core i5 2500K - 8GB Corsair Vengeance, ASUS P8Z68-V, Sapphire 5830, Antec 550w

[XC] gomeler
    Cars are meant to be driven and then painstakingly cleaned and maintained.

Xtreme Addict
    You should take a weekend and fly out to LV and pick up your unit or help get it finished. You're lucky that it's only a couple hour flight. I'd have done it already if it wasn't such a long flight and I could get 3 or 4 days off to do it. I've been waiting since early december 05 as well.
    That is quite ridiculous.... we pay for shipping, we pay for labor.... and now we have to do it again? I am also one of the patient quiet ones but this is getting a little out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by eBoy0
    That is quite ridiculous.... we pay for shipping, we pay for labor.... and now we have to do it again? I am also one of the patient quiet ones but this is getting a little out of hand.
    You don't have to do it, if you want your unit now, you can fly out and help. If you don't, you have to wait.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Banned
    You don't have to do it, if you want your unit now, you can fly out and help. If you don't, you have to wait.
    Bravo! Someone that understands.

Banned
    It really is tempting. . .I can get a flight out for under $200. It's a matter of getting a few days off when Black Friday is around the corner. Oh, well....back to waiting and wondering what my rig is truly capable of.

GM, I truly do admire what you're doing. Thanks muchly for taking time to make a thorough list so Reggie knows who's up next and exactly what he's doing for that person. I hope my email wasn't too long, but you asked for as much detail as we had. It so happens that i save every message and email.

For those of us who have decided to wait patiently, please feel free to pm around so we can get to know each other. There's safety in the knowledge that we are all in this together. I have gotten to know folks like FragTek....and I'd love to get to know the rest of you who are all part of the same adventure.

Regards,

Banned
    I agree with all of the things that Philly just said. And Philly and I have talked quite a bit through PM's and have gotten to know each other pretty well and our seperate situations on our units. In fact when I first ordered mine it was going to be a bit more similar to Philly's as I was having my cascade put in the back portion of a U2-UFO (plans have since changed).

I take it you work retail too then Philly (guessing from the black monday remark). I manage The UPS Store in my area and the holidays are brutal, and that's like an understatement. UPS + Xmas = death.

If we don't have our units after Xmas you wanna buy a set of tickets and fly out together for a 4 day weekend or something? I'm down Sounds kinda fun actually.

Banned
    I agree with all of the things that Philly just said. And Philly and I have talked quite a bit through PM's and have gotten to know each other pretty well and our seperate situations on our units. In fact when I first ordered mine it was going to be a bit more similar to Philly's as I was having my cascade put in the back portion of a U2-UFO (plans have since changed).

I take it you work retail too then Philly (guessing from the black monday remark). I manage The UPS Store in my area and the holidays are brutal, and that's like an understatement. UPS + Xmas = death.

If we don't have our units after Xmas you wanna buy a set of tickets and fly out together for a 4 day weekend or something? I'm down Sounds kinda fun actually.
    Without a doubt! For $200 I could do anytime in the 2nd or 3rd week in January. We could fly out on a Thursday morning and come home (units safely in the mail) Sunday night. Really, tho, I will be anxious to see where we are on Gray Mole's database. We should be close to if not next up. Man, **salivating** some Chilly1 cascade luvin for my new FX-60 would be just what the doctor ordered if it came in time for the holiday season. Then I could resume the pwnage at the lan parties I host for my gaming Dell mates.

Yeah retail holiday season sux hard. I work for the new retail division of Dell - The Dell Direct Stores you see in various malls across the country.

Banned
    Definately, let's plan it up if we don't have our units by then! Day Break just started and have to watch, more later.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast