Thread: MJ12 Pointers?

XS_THE_MACHINE

Question MJ12 Pointers?

Haltech, you seem to be the resident MJ12 expert.

Do you have any recommendations on what settings seem to work best? I currently have three clients with about 1.2 megs of bandwidth each, 40 workers on each with a maximum of 5 open buckets. Anything you see that I could be doing better?

Overall, I'm liking MJ12... I'm a total stat whore, so the frequent updates are nice. Comcast hasn't contacted me yet either so thats good, I might add a fourth node and cap each at 1 meg, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

XS_THE_MACHINE
    When you check the stats, make sure you use the website itself and not the free-dc stats. Here is a manual that is a little old, but you can still get some info from it:
    http://www.majestic12.co.uk/projects...12node/manual/
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Whats your total bandwidth? You might want to jack up those max allowed workers to 100, 150, 200.. URL buckets are something you will have to play with as well.

I have everything maxed out and i dont have enough computers to max out MJ12. I would need 10 additonal boxes to hit full capacity on my connection. play with the settings and see what you can afford as far as bandwidth loss. Also, pay attention to the errors. you want to stay within the normal catagory.. I have a pretty insane connection, which explains my high numbers on the stats... you should be able to reach a million like Moddo, Dragon and Bloody does with ease. Its a DC project that needs to be tuned the first week of running it.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I've got 8 megs total bandwidth and I settled on 1 per box, 4 total, and the total usage is averaging about 6 megs. I think I have the clients tweaked pretty good, there is always at least one uploading results.

Xtreme systems is the number one team overall today, and XSTM is the number eight user overall today.

Nice.

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Were owning today Im hoping to hit 8 million today.. 13 million total as a team. Hopefully we can pull it off

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Haltech
    Were owning today Im hoping to hit 8 million today.. 13 million total as a team. Hopefully we can pull it off
    Getting close!

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

XS_THE_MACHINE
    You mentioned errors, which errors do I need to look for? Most of the errors I have been seeing are these:

[6/26/2006 3:31:22 PM] SaveWorkerData can't operate on oItem that is null!
    [6/26/2006 3:31:22 PM] Worker #3 failed to save its data. Original BID=126 Original URL=http://www.scan.ru/HP/12759_tab2.htm

One more thing, I saw you mention winrar in another thread, but I saw a thread over on the MJ12 forums that said to use the internal compression. What do you recommend?

Thanks again.

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

Ker-Pow !
    Winrar seems to be better from what I have read.