Thread: NF9FX oil

Xtreme Member

NF9FX oil

I just bought a NF9FX compressor used. I took all the oil out because the system was open and i got about 5oz out of it. According to the spec sheet for this comp it takes 320cm3(10.8oz). What i am wondering is do i put the 10oz in or do i just put the same amount i took out back in?
    Also is it ok to use synthetic poe in this comp?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weedman
    I just bought a NF9FX compressor used. I took all the oil out because the system was open and i got about 5oz out of it. According to the spec sheet for this comp it takes 320cm3(10.8oz). What i am wondering is do i put the 10oz in or do i just put the same amount i took out back in?
    Also is it ok to use synthetic poe in this comp?
    About the quantity of oil, if the system was open, maybe compressor already lose some oil, if you're not sure, you may flush it, or try to get some more by the 2 (servive/succion ports), and put the all amount of oil recomended by the spec sheet(10oz/320cm2)
    Type of oil depends what kind of gas you'll use in it, if you're not using a gas that requires POE, maybe you have to change the oil 2 times or flush it, because surely compressor had POE inside and donĀ“t whant to mix diferent oil types
    CASE Sharkoon Rebel 12 / CPU Core i7 920 SLBEJ @ 4Ghz + EK Supreme Acetal + Laing 10w + Feser 240 / MOBO Asus Rampage II Gene / MEMORY 3*2Gb Transcend DDR3 1333Mhz @ 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 / GPU ATI HD5850 1Gb DDR5 + EK-VGA Supreme Acetal / PSU Corsair TX-750 / HDD 150GB WD Velociraptor(Boot) + 500GB Seagate 7200.11 + WD 400GB(storage) / MONITOR Samsung SyncMaster 2223NW

Xtreme Member
    The comp does take poe and i am planning to use r1270 which also uses poe but i just wanted to be sure that synthetic would be ok.

I am Xtreme
    Subtract 20% or 2oz from the spec. these systems have small condensors and virtually no evap to speak of and short lines runs.. 8oz will be more than enoughh.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Member
    Excellent, thanks wdrzal. I just happen to have 8oz of poe so it will work out perfectly.