Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With all the new teams flying about

Ker-Pow !

With all the new teams flying about

I feel that its a good idea that maybe a Mod or a Team captain create the teams for XS. This way there wont be problems like with seti ( 3 different teams) or with Majestic 12 ( UC not giving the password).

If you then find a project that you feel we should have a team in just put the details up and it can be created.

What do you guys think of this, again its only an idea.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    I feel that its a good idea that maybe a Mod or a Team captain create the teams for XS. This way there wont be problems like with seti ( 3 different teams) or with Majestic 12 ( UC not giving the password).

If you then find a project that you feel we should have a team in just put the details up and it can be created.

What do you guys think of this, again its only an idea.
    I think it's an excellent idea. I did create a Malaria@Home team, but only because I couldn't see running it and letting my points go into a black hole, when they could be accumulating for the team.
    I will happily hand over ownership to you, wildblue, since you are both mod and a Malaria team member.

Ker-Pow !
    Lol I thought you said I had malaria for a moment......

Lets see what the consensus is first and go from there. I wouldnt want to jump the gun so to speak.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Good idea would solve a lot of hastle that is providing who ever's job it is to start a team is around frequent enough to do it, I know how frustrating it is when you want to start a new project but have to wait but yeah it's a good idea.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Lol I thought you said I had malaria for a moment......

Lets see what the consensus is first and go from there. I wouldnt want to jump the gun so to speak.
    Lol.. ok, just let me know.
    Survivor

Xtreme Addict
    IMHO.... At least one administrator and the moderators that are set up for this section should be given by those who have setup XtremeSystems Teams that fall under this area a copy of the account number and or the passowrd combo that can grant access to the team administrative functions.
    This precaution is very needed ... lets forget about UC, how about if a guys computer crashes and with it his accounts for the teams he founded or worst the person goes to "Dc community in the sky" ?

I am making a list of all the passwords and or accounts of the teams I have formed/founded. I am Waiting for the Eon password so I can send my list to NJKID and to the moderators of this section. I am also waiting for the confirmation of the registration of the Euler team in the vault.

Also please remeber what Victor said: each team should have a captain selected from among its members.
    Last edited by Jose; 06-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Jose, I just tried EON again and found it ZZZZZZ.. sleeping. So I wouldn't put too much stock in running it.
    Maybe Muon would be a better choice? and I think we already have a team.
    Survivor

Xtreme Addict
    Stil e need the team account data for when it wakes up

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    I forgot about dpad i started a team and if you put the [XS] tag infront of your name you auto join XS which is handy. I found the project boring but efficient and it was non boinc i think so it was a pleasent change for a while. I think i dragged us out of last place.

Mr. Boardburner
    What about an extra board over here as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams
    Last edited by Martijn; 06-24-2006 at 01:38 PM.
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn
    What about a lounge in this board as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams
    How many projects have passwords?

I agree we need a place to discuss things in private, but think only a mod/admin and team captain needs access to project passwords.
    I don't think they should be posted anywhere.

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn
    What about a ssushhh in this board as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams

remember the oath.....

Xtreme Member
    yeah, makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    I forgot about dpad i started a team and if you put the [XS] tag infront of your name you auto join XS which is handy. I found the project boring but efficient and it was non boinc i think so it was a pleasent change for a while. I think i dragged us out of last place.
    I just put my work machine on DPAD. Its the easiest project to sneakernet. Anyone interested in this if you have boxes with absolutely no chance of internet access.... and you want an easy one to sneakernet look at this guide here.... http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...ght=sneakernetNow the config section that empeppe copied into the thread is a little slimmed down from the one that comes with the installer... so not sure... but I copied and pasted the contents into my config file. We'll see how it goes.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    I just put my work machine on DPAD. Its the easiest project to sneakernet. Anyone interested in this if you have boxes with absolutely no chance of internet access.... and you want an easy one to sneakernet look at this guide here.... http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...ght=sneakernetNow the config section that empeppe copied into the thread is a little slimmed down from the one that comes with the installer... so not sure... but I copied and pasted the contents into my config file. We'll see how it goes.
    That's an old thread, I don't know if the contents of the config file are equal from version to version so don't copy that content to the current one you have.
    The new one:

Resolution (XxY or 'auto'): auto
    Priority for background running ([N]ormal, [L]ow, [B]ackground): B
    Threads (number or 'auto'): auto
    Auto-send results ([Y]es, [N]o): N
    Results upload method ('FTP' or 'HTTP'): HTTP
    Use proxy server for HTTP downloads (server,port or 'no'): no
    Auto-save interval (seconds; 0 for no save): 240
    Update lattice files from web every N hours (0=don't): 12
    Download sample results file after a number of days (0=don't): 3
    Sample file behaviour - use [L]atest only, or [A]ccumulate: L
    Sample file URL (.bin allowed): http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/{lattice}_100.bin
    Preferred lattices (comma-separated list or 'none'): none
    TrialType ratios: Mutate=3;Crossover=3;Interpolate=3;Extrapolate=3;M uSpherical=3;MuOne=3;Extreme=1;LocalGrad=3;TopoSmo oth=2;
    Particles per extra thread (limits threading overhead): 100
    Rechecks for best-so-far results (min. 5): 5
    FTP command call: ftp -s:script.ftp
    Use passive (PASV) mode for FTP transfers: N
    Use old FTP calling method (as pre-v4.34; can hang, but more compatible with ZoneAlarm): N
    Free-DC Mercenaries member

When do i upload on the connected computer? Do I copy or cut the results.txt file?

Xtreme Member
    When do i upload on the connected computer? Do I copy or cut the results.txt file?
    When you get at least 10KB in size. Don't need to cut or paste the results, just move the results.txt file to the online machine.

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    When you get at least 10KB in size. Don't need to cut or paste the results, just move the results.txt file to the online machine.
    Ok So a new results.txt will spawn in its place as the project keeps crunching? And I just keep moving them to upload! briiliant!(When I say cut and paste I mean cut and paste the 'entire file' itself, not the contents)

Xtreme Member
    Ok So a new results.txt will spawn in its place as the project keeps crunching? And I just keep moving them to upload! briiliant!(When I say cut and paste I mean cut and paste the 'entire file' itself, not the contents)
    Yes. Yes. Ok.

Carlos

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is a p3 any good at DPAD? I have one idle as it has no internet .

Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    Is a p3 any good at DPAD? I have one idle as it has no internet .
    Jesus That reminds me. my dad hasn't got DSL yet, but I built him a PC a couple of months ago!!!! maybe I'll sort that out on it too! Hey mely, the [XS] tag in the user file. is that before or after the name? eg. [XS]riptide?

Xtreme Cruncher
    twb,
    Sounds good to me. Or at least somewhere where the info is readily avalable.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Quote Originally Posted by WesM63
    twb,
    Sounds good to me. Or at least somewhere where the info is readily avalable.
    What? TWB started this thread a while ago if you referring to passwords etc!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by LP_
    Jose, I just tried EON again and found it ZZZZZZ.. sleeping. So I wouldn't put too much stock in running it.
    Maybe Muon would be a better choice? and I think we already have a team.

no more ZZZZZZZZZ for eOn, I have work

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Cruncher
    eg. [XS]riptide?
    Correct... I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast