Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Core Multiplexing technology???

the jedi master
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32790

AMD makes the first move it seems...i just downloaded and will start testing with FX62
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    I am sorry to say these...
    Wow, now you are the one "speaking from above".

As for your experience, I can match you when it comes to general programming, drivers, low level, peek'n'poke, but I must bow down when it comes to Boeing and SQL.

Although, I can say that Boeing engineers were presented with our reconstruction code and they almost passed out when they saw a reconstruction of a dataset which took less than 15 minutes on 3.0 GHz P4 because they used to have to wait 10 hours for that at home.

- Art of production. You just don't get it. Sweat shop and art of production are not same thing.
    They serve the same purpose - they feed this rotten consumer society with quantity instead of quality. But I don't expect you to admit that you are bored down to bits doing relational databases just as 14 year old boy in Indonesia is bored by sewing Nike size 10 left shoe for the 47th time today.

The only difference between you and that boy is that he is getting 1$ a day and you get much more, but don't worry. Once they teach them how to make RDB you will get the same offer too.

In fact, on any decent sized application, the only part our team usually can touch is just portion of it.
    With normal management you can always explain that some changes in other parts of application are needed to correct poor design or to gain speed, that is if you care of course.

In fact, I think something like your image enhancing can benefit greatly from such endeavour. Let me ask my friend who works at NASA on imaging to see if he got some comments about such
    Job offers are always welcome

--> it cost those companies to revamp... they are out to make money... the cost goes straight back to customers... Bit surprised such simple concept can't be understood.
    The cost goes to customers anyway, the question is how much will they get for their money.

What I am trying to say is that you get more from hardware than from software for the same amount of money. Not because hardware is cheap mind you, but because software is expensive and that expensiveness in 95% of cases is not justified.

Yes YOU ARE programming GOD who is better than your peers. You are IT.
    I never said that nor I intended to do so. I was just pissed off by all those wussies who keep whining how programming is hard. It was your choice to study it and get a programming job so have some dignity and take it like a man. It is also very interesting that I never hear any engineers working on a CPU complain how hard it is to design one.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32790

AMD makes the first move it seems...i just downloaded and will start testing with FX62
    Well? How well does it work?

Xtreme Addict
    the dual core optimizer isnt RHT sadly
    Q6700
    MSI P35
    8GB OCZ
    2xHD 2900 XT
    PCP&C 1kw

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    the dual core 'optimiser' (am i the only one who notices the misspelling?) really only fixes the few apps that messed up on dual core systems, it fixes that sync problem or whatever. not reverse hyperthreading in the least.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Member
    I thought AMD denied there was a problem with X2 when these timing problems was first pointed out a year ago? So why have they made this "optimiser"? THG reported strange results from their famous multitasking "stresstest" concerning X2 DVD encoding, the task had been more or less ignored, that problem could be related to this optimizer-thing. And now, the fact that ppl over in the XS AMD forum are reporting improvements when using this optimizer doesnt match well with AMDs denials. Too early to tell yet, but it could look like AMD has to bend over and take whats coming, the claims that Pentium D's was not real dualcores could strike back at them, at least Pentium D dont need any software patches...

Anyway, easy to forgive when considering the performance advantage of X2 over P-D, noone is perfect (they just like to think so), and people would still have bought X2 instead of P-D.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    How about this.

Enable apps to control the CPU's on the fly..IE if the app is running in single thread mode all 2 or 4 cores are used..IE combined.

Then, as the app moved to multi thread the CPU's go back to hyperthread mode and you get the speed benifit both ways.

Could it be possible to do something like this?

you mean like sandra does ?
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Guru
    It is also very interesting that I never hear any engineers working on a CPU complain how hard it is to design one.

who do you work with? ( what company? )

Xtreme Guru
    wtf? no answers lol

Nope.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32885

Actually, this was all a rumor. At least for AMD, that is; they're not planning to release this anytime soon, if the inquirer can be trusted.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i found nemo
    wtf? no answers lol
    It could take a while to get reply from that guy... However, someone mention Boeing to him and suddenly, "been there, they were sooooo impressed!". What a convenient coincidence... Now combine that with being experienced in programming but dont know anything about how the software business works in reality? His posts made me need another housing fan to remove the smell of con artist from my rig...

Xtreme Member

Cool

who do you work with? ( what company? )
    wtf? no answers lol
    I work for hire over the Internet. If you need more details, ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ted3
    It could take a while to get reply from that guy...
    You bet it could, but only because I have other things to do than hanging around here.

However, someone mention Boeing to him and suddenly, "been there, they were sooooo impressed!". What a convenient coincidence...
    Read again, I never said that I have "been there", but they were impressed. Coincidence or not, it wasn't me who mentioned Boeing first in a chest-beating attempt.

I was criticizing the trend which is setting amongst the developers and that is to ask others (hardware vendors) for the easy way out, while other industry branches do not have that commodity. Does the word "slacking" ring any bells?

His posts made me need another housing fan to remove the smell of con artist from my rig...
    Or you have just farted from too much brain exercise while trying to understand my post and you won't admit it?

Sorry, but you will need HEPA air-purifier for that, no housing (perhaps you meant case?) fan will do.

Xtreme Member
    What a mature reply, i guess rear end humor is fun in your age? Just admit youre a student who thinks he knows everything. Reply in a few years when you reached the point where you understand that the more you learn the more you come to realize how little you know. You made it clear that you are not even close to that point yet, you obviously have no real world experience. Con artist, 100% sure now.
    BadAxe2, WC'ed L631B115 Xeon3060 3.4GHz 1.27v summer OC, 2GB BallistiX 4:5,
    2x250GB-16 Raid-0 + 400GB-16, 7900GTO 512MB, Acer 22" Wide, Nexus 500W.

Xtreme Member

Cool

What a mature reply, i guess rear end humor is fun in your age? Just admit youre a student who thinks he knows everything. Reply in a few years when you reached the point where you understand that the more you learn the more you come to realize how little you know. You made it clear that you are not even close to that point yet, you obviously have no real world experience. Con artist, 100% sure now.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk... you could have checked my age in my profile, that would spare both the others and me from having to read such rediculous claims.

Moreover, you can't actually say that your reply to my original posting was anything better to begin with.

I am quoting your post again for the record:

His posts made me need another housing fan to remove the smell of con artist from my rig...
    Now let me break it down for you:

- You are not addressing me directly but instead you are gossiping behind my back
    - You are talking about me in derogatory terms insinuating that I stink and that I am a liar with no proof to back it up
    - There is no smiley face next to it

We hopefully all know how such posts (and posters) are classified.

Following are your claims about me based on my reply to your mouthwashing:

You made it clear that you are not even close to that point yet
    you obviously have no real world experience.
    Con artist, 100% sure now.
    Thanks God that just you saying it doesn't make it true.

You haven't challenged any of my claims but instead you are hitting below the belt by disputing my credibility while you still haven't established your own.

It is such a mature way of discussion -- congratulations ted3 for mastering it so quickly.

Xtreme Member
    Tnx, i know im the best. All other programmers are just whores for the money, they dont care about the art in it. See, i have no idea about teamwork, i spit on other programmers skills. Now does that sound like you or what?

I dont want to play "mention a big company and i made apps for them too" or any other game of yours, you can reply anyone with better credentials and greater achievements anyway, thats what con artists do best. In fact its the only thing they do, lol. Ofcourse i cant prove what a braggard con artist you are, but as long as im convinced that noone who been in the trade could say anything of what you said then it works for me.

Yo Audio Freak!Still kicking ass all over the internet, i see
    Obviously not the first time you state extreme controversial opinions on forums. Youre one of those who can get into an argument about how to correctly wind a wristwatch.

Sory for off topic, i think everyone except one agrees that core multiplexing would have been/will be of benefit to users.

Xtreme Member
    Tnx, i know im the best. All other programmers are just whores for the money, they dont care about the art in it. See, i have no idea about teamwork, i spit on other programmers skills. Now does that sound like you or what?
    Of course it doesn't. Yet again you are attacking and discrediting me personally while I have been commenting on a (IMO) negative trend in the industry.

I dont want to play "mention a big company and i made apps for them too" or any other game of yours, you can reply anyone with better credentials and greater achievements anyway, thats what con artists do best.
    Are you intellectually challenged or what? Read what I said again, but do it slowly few times until it sinks in, I really hate when I must QFT myself and I apologize to everyone for the offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by audiofreak
    As for your experience, I can match you when it comes to general programming, drivers, low level, peek'n'poke, but I must bow down when it comes to Boeing and SQL.
    Note how I said "I can match you", and not "I am better than you". Also note how I said "I must bow down when it comes to Boeing and SQL".

Hello?!? Do you get it? I am not a con artist, he knows SQL and I don't, he has worked for Boeing and I haven't. I just mentioned that a company I work for hire over the Internet had some contact with Boeing as an example how code optimization can be much better approach than CMT or RHT and that is all. I am not stealing anyone's 15 minutes of fame because I don't care.

In fact its the only thing they do, lol.
    Then perhaps you could share your doing with us if you are so bold in accusing someone else of doing nothing?

Ofcourse i cant prove what a braggard con artist you are, but as long as im convinced that noone who been in the trade could say anything of what you said then it works for me.
    Aside from not even being able to prove that you know proper English by using correct spelling in your posts I consider it normal that you can't prove something which is not true. If anyone could do that then the world would quickly come to a bitter end.

Btw, if you keep calling me names I will report your next post instead of wasting time to reply to such childish acts from a 36yr old.

Obviously not the first time you state extreme controversial opinions on forums. Youre one of those who can get into an argument about how to correctly wind a wristwatch.
    The person who posted that comment is a friend of mine from another forum. And no I wouldn't because I do not even use wristwatches so get a life.

i think everyone except one agrees that core multiplexing would have been/will be of benefit to users.
    That goes to show that you haven't even bothered to read the whole thread. In other words, you can think whatever you want but when the facts don't match your thinking you simply end up looking rediculous.

Banned
    @audiofreak & ted3

I don't care who's right and who's wrong. But, knock it off.

-FCG

Xtreme Member
    Of course it doesn't. Yet again you are attacking and discrediting me personally while I have been commenting on a (IMO) negative trend in the industry.
    OMG... You came here to brag about how good a programmer you are and how terrible everyone else is, and you escalated your bragging till its impossible to believe you. Your post was nothing but offensive to programmers, a tribute to yourself and your allegded optimizing skills. Bottom line is, your post had nothing to do with CMP, you dont care about CMP or any other CPU tech, you care about talking abt programmers.

Most stupid post ever:
    It is also very interesting that I never hear any engineers working on a CPU complain how hard it is to design one.
    But programmers complain all the time, except you ofcourse.
    Yes YOU ARE programming GOD who is better than your peers. You are IT.
    I cant say it better, and i dont know why you denied saying it, but its a good way to end this, since it sums up what you said in your first post. Im knowcking it off now FCG. Sorry...

Xtreme Member
    I take it this technology just disappeared off the face of the earth. Pity, it could've increased the effective performance by ~80%+ in singlethreaded apps.
    ASUS Sabretooth P67.B3
    Core i5 2500K 4900MHz stable/4500 Daily use
    Fractal Design R3 with Corsair TX 650W PSU
    G.Skill ARES LP 1600 @ 1866
    MSI Radeon 7950 @ 1150/1600
    OCZ Vertex 4 128GB FW 1.5

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678