Thread: Which is the right one for me???

Xtreme Member

Which is the right one for me???

Howdy people!

I would like to have your opinion on which mobo would be the right one for me?
    1) DFI LP Ultra-D
    2) DFI LP SLI-DR
    3) DFI LP SLI-DR Expert
    4) DFI mobo with ATI chipset.

The only thing that I would like to have is a mobo that has at least 6+ sata connectors on board. I know the ultra-D doesnt have this, but 2 & 3 do come with a sil 3114 onboard.

Additionally I am also looking at upgrading my current memory to 2GB. I have already decided which one to get from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231021

I just wanted to know if the DFI mobos have any kind of incompatability problems with the above memory.

I really do not have any problems with my current setup and I do not want to make a move to AM2 ATM. I just want to tweak and get more juice and power from my system which seems to a bit difficult with my current mobo.

Thanks for all your advice and input in advance.

BPP!

P.S.
    My current specs are as follows:
    Asus A8N SLI-Premium, Bios 1005
    Opty 146 @ 3.25ghz (325*10 @ 1.5V) air cooled with Thermaltake Big Typhoon.
    G.SKILL Extreme Series 1GB (2*512mb) F13200DSU2LE running with a 5/6 divider (7-3-3-2.5).
    2*74 gb raptor for OS and games installation.
    2*Antec TP-II 550W PSU
    I need 2 PSU's since I have 2.5TB (total of 10 HDD's) of storage space for all my video editing and other project files.
    All of this is housed in a nice and quiet CM Stacker STC-01.

how many/what kind of video card do ou plan to run? btw nice pick of ram
    3200+ (looking for nice opty or 4400+) stock clocks :: Ocz gold 2x1GB ddr500 @ 250mhz
    BFG 7900gtx OC stock (saving for another):: dfi lanparty ultra-d modded to SLI
    OCZ modstream 520W :: 160gb WD IDE

Xtreme Member
    Oops! Forgot about my video card!

I currently have a BBA Radeon 1900XTX. I do not plan to go dual video cards any time soon.

ok, then my vote is for the sli-dr expert. your ram should be fin in that mobo even though dfi boards seem to be picky when it comes to ram.
    3200+ (looking for nice opty or 4400+) stock clocks :: Ocz gold 2x1GB ddr500 @ 250mhz
    BFG 7900gtx OC stock (saving for another):: dfi lanparty ultra-d modded to SLI
    OCZ modstream 520W :: 160gb WD IDE