Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -plz help me,build a chiller-

Xtreme Member
    Trying to discourage the OP?
    Compressors dont create enough high temperatures for R-22 to turn into mustard gas...it would eat its way out of the loop, which wouldn't be a good idea at all for something blowing air into a living space.

The amount of reading required alone is discouraging enough...the WC forum has the best sticky, chillers don't.

Xtreme Mentor
    No when heated it doesn't, it must be burnt (IE Oxidized, higher temps just make this more probable). It is the decomposition products, and it is not mustard gas, it is Phosgene and Flouro & HydroChloro acids (Mustard gas is safer then thoughs two )

As he said R-290 performs just as good if not better (Better IMO as R-290 has lower discharge temp and slightly lower pressure, but evap psi near identical)
    and you need no ticket to buy R-290 where as for R-22 you indeed need a ticket to purchase.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    No when heated it doesn't, it must be burnt (IE Oxidized, higher temps just make this more probable). It is the decomposition products, and it is not mustard gas, it is Phosgene and Flouro & HydroChloro acids (Mustard gas is safer then thoughs two )

As he said R-290 performs just as good if not better (Better IMO as R-290 has lower discharge temp and slightly lower pressure, but evap psi near identical)
    and you need no ticket to buy R-290 where as for R-22 you indeed need a ticket to purchase.
    thanks for correcting me, I wasnt sure on the specifics
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Xtreme Mentor
    No prob, you where correct to a good degree, that is heat + Refrigerant = very bad.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Member
    Here we are discussing chemical weapons grade poisons from refridgerant degradation and everyone is worried about methanol? pfff. Nothing is dangerous if handled properly and patiently.

There ought to be a big sticky of scary stuff that happens if you go into phase change unexperienced and/or lazy.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    For the first couple of builds I highly suggest using r290 because it is a much safer gas in the legal aspect. There is no ozone depletion, it takes a whole lot of it to kill you, and it is plentiful. Just be careful as you should with any compressed gas and you will be ok. Propane only burns within a certain range and good luck on landing in this specific range, sparking the gas, and exploding it with the quantity that is held within the typical phase unit. Propane is the perfect starter gas, even better than r134 because you cant grill you burgers afterwards with r134.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12