Thread: $1 million the for spam

$1 million the for spam

http://news.com.com/Major+spammer+se...tml?tag=cd.top

Major spammer settles suit for $1 million

A major spammer who was accused of sending up to 25 million e-mails per day has settled a lawsuit with Microsoft and the state of Texas.

The settlement has cost Ryan Pitylak $1 million, as well as the seizure of many of the assets he accumulated during a short-lived career as one of the world's worst spammers.

At the peak of his spamming activity, the 24-year-old Texas resident was listed as the world's fourth most-prolific spammer by antispam group Spamhaus.

Xtreme Addict
    Not enough. People like this should be sentenced to at least 6 months is jail + penalty + lack of access to any computer systems for 5 years.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Think
    Not enough. People like this should be sentenced to at least 6 months is jail + penalty + lack of access to any computer systems for 5 years.
    Agreed. And forced to read/sort/delete spam/junk mail (snail mail) while in jail.

c[_]
    why's this in mac&others?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    Not sure but what the hell. Anyway, here's a picture of him:

Xtreme Addict
    Please tell me he doesn't look like the nerd stereotype

IMO he deserves this:
    i7 2600k @4500 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Gskill 2x4096Mb 2133Mhz | 4x2TB WD Green RAID10 | OCZ Vertex3 120Gb | 2x AMD 6950 @ Stock
    Benq 24" TN | Samsung LE46C630 "2nd" Monitor | Enermax NAXN ENP850EWT | Corsair 800D Case | Corsair H60 | Logitech G9x + Wireless Solar K750

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mursaat
    Please tell me he doesn't look like the nerd stereotype

IMO he deserves this:
    lol. Well believe it or not - I googled his name and that IS his a picture of him.

Xtreme Addict
    What people like that cost society in terms of lost productivity, bogged servers, personal aggravation and frustration is mind boggling...

I second the banning of use of a computer for 5 years. Also, jail should be mandatory, and a fine of 2x the profit he made doing the spamming should be likewise standard...
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    Because SPAM affect all of us !, As a Mac user I though we should know about it also.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    These guys piss me off.When they do get caught it is a dollar fine, no time.
    How about setting an example and having his damn hands surgically removed!
    That would send a message!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Atleast he has seen the light and is turning from the darkside. He still needs some jail time i think.

And now hes found a way to make money off of what he has learned by starting a company.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.
    - Albert Einstein

YouTube Addict
    I think he needs to be publically executed, in the most horrible of manners
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    they should peel his eyes open and subliminally force feed him all the spam he sent to people. clockwork orange style. man he would be fkd up when he got done with that

then chop his hands off

Xtreme Cruncher
    i think the solution is

for every mail they sent just cut a little piece of the spammer body.... something pretty small with 25 million emails he will suffer a lot
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    i think the solution is

for every mail they sent just cut a little piece of the spammer body.... something pretty small with 25 million emails he will suffer a lot
    Yes, and please allow me to choose from where to start
    i7 2600k @4500 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Gskill 2x4096Mb 2133Mhz | 4x2TB WD Green RAID10 | OCZ Vertex3 120Gb | 2x AMD 6950 @ Stock
    Benq 24" TN | Samsung LE46C630 "2nd" Monitor | Enermax NAXN ENP850EWT | Corsair 800D Case | Corsair H60 | Logitech G9x + Wireless Solar K750

Xtreme Member
    eh no time or anything paid to the state.. he should just have to pay everyone he sent an email to 10$

As a punishment, he should be made to eat it every day for every meal for the rest of his life.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenman
    As a punishment, he should be made to eat it every day for every meal for the rest of his life.

Now this is great! Good one!
    That kid wouldn't look so happy in 6 months after a diet of pure spam!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.