Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Group's DDR2 Power: 667mhz 1g dual channel kit CL-3-4-4-8

Xtreme Member
    I'm working on getting this stuff right now.

Ebay Hater
    Tankguys, do you offer international shipment?
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_78
    Tankguys, do you offer international shipment?
    Yea, but it's somewhat complicated. We put the full value on customs forms, so you may be liable for import duties/taxes and whatnot. PM me for details.

Update on availability: This stuff should be available Monday, June 7th. We'll have it listed on the site this afternoon.

Xtreme Legend
    TeamGroup would certainly help their cause (and bottom line) if their RAM was available at more retailers. Benchmarks are nice. But if the really good stuff is nowhere to be found, then it's all rather pointless. Maybe TeamGroup doesn't consider the US market important, though I find that hard to believe. I own a couple sets of TeamGroup memory and like it. A month ago, I would have been interested in buying TeamGroup's earlier PC6400 modules, if it were available somewhere in the US.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TankGuys
    Yea, but it's somewhat complicated. We put the full value on customs forms, so you may be liable for import duties/taxes and whatnot. PM me for details.

Update on availability: This stuff should be available Monday, June 7th. We'll have it listed on the site this afternoon.
    This isn't it, right?

http://www.tankguys.biz/ddr2-3448-p-...b03a1d2bebde8b

It's the 3-4-4-8 667Mhz part, but the model number ends in "C4DC" instead of "C3DC", indicating it's the CAS 4 part, not the CAS 3 part.

Xtreme Member
    it looks like a sturdy product if only you had the right stuff there im hoping to look into buying this once i get a new setup

Ebay Hater
    Look at OPB's first post. The ram he is testing is reffered to as CAS4 by spec.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_78
    Look at OPB's first post. The ram he is testing is reffered to as CAS4 by spec.
    Where do you see that? The model number on the label indicates CAS 3, as well as the SPD timings on the label.

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra_bound
    TeamGroup would certainly help their cause (and bottom line) if their RAM was available at more retailers. Benchmarks are nice. But if the really good stuff is nowhere to be found, then it's all rather pointless. Maybe TeamGroup doesn't consider the US market important, though I find that hard to believe. I own a couple sets of TeamGroup memory and like it. A month ago, I would have been interested in buying TeamGroup's earlier PC6400 modules, if it were available somewhere in the US.
    They should have been at the Newegg event at Computex or something similar. Maybe they don't produce enough to open it up to US sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Torin
    Where do you see that? The model number on the label indicates CAS 3, as well as the SPD timings on the label.
    think he is referring to this in OPB's 1st Post :
    PC5300 DDR2 667MHz 2*1GB 4-4-4-12 64*8 16 Chips TXDD2048M667HC3DC

Xtreme Addict
    OPB I gotta admit I am very very concerned with your results. I know what ICs you have (D9GMH) and only a small small *SMALL* percentage of chips come anywhere near your results with the voltage you are using.

The odds of anyone getting something remotely close to what you have isnt going to happen.

For example an average set of D9GMH otherwise known as Micron B6-3 does about 975mhz with 4-3-4-X @ 2.2v. 10% can do 4-4-5 @ 2.1v @ 1ghz. What you have is less than a fraction of a percentage of what those chips do.

Granted Teamgroup may bin them that aggressivly but Im very worried you're setting teamgroup up for a fall since they will not get what you have. There's going to be a very high RMA percentage if people are expecting what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Onepagebook
    I have to be honest with everyone here, for DDR2 and Intel system, I am really a

completely noob. In order to give the unbias bench report, the results I post here are NOT from

so-called
    "Cherry picked". Until the last moment I finished that ddr 727, 3-3-3-4; I really don't have any idea

if I can apply the parameters I set on the memset 1.1.
    OPB I really dont want to do this man, but Ive seen the bin-out from several companies that use those chips and what you said about the sticks you are using simply couldnt be further from the truth
    Last edited by Sentential; 06-07-2006 at 06:31 PM.
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentential
    OPB I gotta admit I am very very concerned with your results. I know what ICs you have (D9GMH) and only a small small *SMALL* percentage of chips come anywhere near your results with the voltage you are using.

The odds of anyone getting something remotely close to what you have isnt going to happen.

For example an average set of D9GMH otherwise known as Micron B6-3 does about 975mhz with 4-3-4-X @ 2.2v. 10% can do 4-4-5 @ 2.1v @ 1ghz. What you have is less than a fraction of a percentage of what those chips do.

Granted Teamgroup may bin them that aggressivly but Im very worried you're setting teamgroup up for a fall since they will not get what you have. There's going to be a very high RMA percentage if people are expecting what you have.

OPB I really dont want to do this man, but Ive seen the bin-out from several companies that use those chips and what you said about the sticks you are using simply couldnt be further from the truth
    Nothing against you sentinal but I find it really funny when ram reps say team group cannot do as advertised. A while back another company's rep said that micron 5bf cannot do as well as reported (265mhz+) yet lots and lots of kits have done so. So what is to prevent them from doing better with their ram over what other companies have been able to do?

Love and Peace!
    hmm, going on my own results with a stick of BN-3 and a 2x1gb kit of either B6-3 or B6-25 (not pulling the spreader to find out), i actually have strong belief that Kevin is telling the truth.

for the latter, it seems that 400mhz at 3-3-3 on a very finicky and "taxing" AM2 rig is definitly within reach

Kev, one thing I really want to see you play with... Team's new pc8500 sticks
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Banned

well, if you honestly said this, thenI can even don';t have to hide anything further,my RD and GM told me just announce our 667 can be the 3-3-3-x @ 1.95v, BUT, I said that don't do this, because it will cause the high percentage of RMA due to different users use different platform. as far as I know, I can close my eyes and pick any two sticks to get it all over for at least ddr700 3-3-3 32mb passed , let's say 2.2v is that ok?
    well I surely appreciate your concern, but you seems to be on the wrong track and you not even tried, how can you so sure about how Team Group DDR2 will be?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark
    hmm, going on my own results with a stick of BN-3 and a 2x1gb kit of either B6-3 or B6-25 (not pulling the spreader to find out), i actually have strong belief that Kevin is telling the truth.

for the latter, it seems that 400mhz at 3-3-3 on a very finicky and "taxing" AM2 rig is definitly within reach

Kev, one thing I really want to see you play with... Team's new pc8500 sticks

Mark, sorry about be busy though, but you will see

Love and Peace!
    Mark, sorry about be busy though, but you will see
    it's ok, take your time
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Banned
    whooo, now, I am really tired of AMD's Memory conroller build inside of CPU,
    it merely kill all the reputation of a Great Memory manufacture.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I just can trust that theory. Like this, I know some friends will have different opinion, but as usual I do what I can, now, don't throw me hard time,I believe intel platform will give the unbias results

how about this?

Last edited by Onepagebook; 06-07-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    OPB: What are those second piece of ram (the PC6400 ones) ?

Xtreme Addict
    That's really nice! How much volts are you feeding them with?
    Intel FTW!

Beanna

YouTube Addict
    Hmmm looks tempting
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

it's very nice OPB.

Xtreme Legend
    whooo, now, I am really tired of AMD's Memory conroller build inside of CPU,
    it merely kill all the reputation of a Great Memory manufacture.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I just can trust that theory. Like this, I know some friends will have different opinion, but as usual I do what I can, now, don't throw me hard time,I believe intel platform will give the unbias results

how about this?
    Those results are very good for the suggested retail price of the memory. But there is DDR2 out there that can do 425+ at 3-3-3. Granted, those modules are more expensive.

Banned
    I think I label on the 800 that pics...

you guys can just ignore me,
    but you can't missed Fredyama's super pi 32m
    He better got cherry picked...
    When that moment, OPB was no idea what DDR2 is...

Mr. Fredyama, sorry to borrow your pic.

Xtreme Legend
    I think Fred-san is using older TeamGroup PC2-6400.

But can your new TeamGroup do this or this?

Second one is not mine.

very nice job!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast