Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 512mb 7900GT Sparkle Calibre = Super GTX

Champion
    Here my almost Ghetto Mod for cooling the memory mosfets & vreg.

Fan fits with about 1.5mm to spare and gives alotta cool air Needed the slim 80mm due to space confines.

Last edited by TraX; 06-10-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    hardware flux

Xtreme Addict
    Looks OK to me
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    I re-ran benchies using the optimised defaults that are 552/800 with the card still totally unmodded

Not a bad score for a very minor increase in clocks, I am reasonably sure that the core should do at least 600MHz @ default Vcore, might try later

'03

'05

'06
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Champion
    I never managed 600 at stock clocks Someone on a local forum has one with the OVP off, am very curious to see how his benchmarks turn out
    hardware flux

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TraX
    I never managed 600 at stock clocks Someone on a local forum has one with the OVP off, am very curious to see how his benchmarks turn out
    Using the test in optimised default clocks the most I could get the core was 598MHz which ran all benchies perfectly so I would imagine there in still quite a bit more left in it @ default everything

A free 100MHz on the core and ram with no mods whatsoever and more left would have to make this easily the best value 7900GT 512MB card on the market, you can keep all those non reference PCB cards

'03

'05

'06

Champion

Nice one!! Damn, don't have any conductive paint here otherwise I'd take it off now & re-test... Awsome un-modded clocks

I'm quitely praying for a dual-core so I can do some decent benching

Yeah - and ditto on the non-reference PCB's, those Legend/Gainward based layouts seem to be causing all kinds of strife... Although they where the first 512mb cards around, pity about the dodgy PCB!

My scores on the FX55 system:
    Only 89points SM2.0 difference & 81points SM3/HDR
    OK, so I'm not ceratin how much CPU knocks score on these tests... Although my CPU score is completely off (soz for very hacked down pic)
    Last edited by TraX; 06-17-2006 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added in my scores
    hardware flux

Xtreme Addict
    You should be able to crank that FX55 up to 3GHz easily which will help your score

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne
    You should be able to crank that FX55 up to 3GHz easily which will help your score
    Have only managed 2880 on my clawhammer with air... Even with a Zalman 9500 my temps get high & at 1.65v I'm not getting any further, thats with activley cooling the mosfets which go into the 55C range at those volts... But the difference in mhz between 1.6v & 1.65v seems not to be worth it? Maybe I missed something?
    hardware flux

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmm looks like its time for some H2o

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne
    Hmmm looks like its time for some H2o
    Thats for my future project after the I win the lotto H2o kit is gonna set me back quite a bit, but my thoughts are there, just not my budget
    hardware flux

Xtreme Mentor
    When you reach 100 posts, take a look at the For Sale section. Water cooling stuff goes up all the time and you can pick up components very cheap. You could build a simply system for about 100 dollars.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer
    When you reach 100 posts, take a look at the For Sale section. Water cooling stuff goes up all the time and you can pick up components very cheap. You could build a simply system for about 100 dollars.
    Thanks Nanometer I'm in South Africa, so the exchange rate is pretty tough - R6.5/US$1 - but it is still a very competetive deal as buying a good H2o kit here is gonna cost R2500+! Will keep my eyes open though
    hardware flux

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12