Thread: dvds wont play, cant install new driver!

dvds wont play, cant install new driver!

SO trying to play dvd windows media player only shows a black screen with sound. Win dvd says there is an overlay problem lower your screen res.

I try to install new cat drivers but it says INF error or something like that and that it cant find video driver file. Then it asks me to install a standard vga driver. So im lost as to where to find a standard vga driver.

ATI drivers will not install because they show these 2 errors. I played with the ati tool(which never actually would work,) could i have damaged something?

compaq v2000 x200 ml-28

Xtreme Addict
    ATI has some pretty crappy support for the X200.

Omega Drivers (which are just modded to work with every ATI chip/card) are better.
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

install them, I will almost guarantee everything will be fine.

I find that when using ATI tool i have to select a different device ID from the options.

thanks for the help!

i found out what was wrong and you wont believe it. I surfed the net looking and finally came across a web page that had the exact problems i did. Turns out that if you have netmeeting remote desktop sharing enabled it turns off directx directdraw. Once i disabled that it worked perfect! so if ayone else has this problem look for netmeeting as the culprit.

On a side note, it said you didnt even have to have used netmeeting or the remote desktop sharing to cause the problem, but if you are experiencing directdraw issues netmeeting was still the answer. If you have a problem go into the remote desktop sharing wizard enable remote desktop sharing and then deactivate it again. Should fix any problems and hope this helps someone!

Xtreme Addict
    Wow that is an incredibly strange bug, thanks for the inf.

glad you got it fixed.