Thread: compaq Presario M2000 CPU upgrade

Xtreme Member

compaq Presario M2000 CPU upgrade

I Have a compaq Presario M2000 with a 2800+ @1.93ghz Sempron and i would like to upgrade to a Turion MT or ML 30 or 32 or 34, i was wondering of this laptop would be compatible with a Turion CPU. The laptop dosent have CPU compartment so ill have to open the whole laptop just to get to the CPU

any suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you

Xtreme Addict
    Yes it is compatible

Xtreme Addict
    It's compatible but without HP doing a bios update to support it, you got nothing. Just fitting in the socket doesn't make the notebook work. Notebook makers are great for not doing anything with the bios from the initial one that comes with the notebook.

Xtreme Member
    I have an M2000 with a Turion ML34 in it. I would be happy to dump the bios for you if I can. Have you had any luck overclocking yours with clockgen? If you open it, make sure you find the PLL, I'm very interested in what it is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POGE
    I have an M2000 with a Turion ML34 in it. I would be happy to dump the bios for you if I can. Have you had any luck overclocking yours with clockgen? If you open it, make sure you find the PLL, I'm very interested in what it is.
    Thank you soo much, my email is x800pro6@hotmail.com , thank you

( FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO SPAM PLEASE DO NOT ADD MY EMAIL!! )

Xtreme Member
    I cant figure out how to dump the bios. :-\ What PLL is it? (sorry off topic) I wouldnt post your email lie that either.