Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primochill Ghost Fittings should not be trusted!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    on this forum or another
    Honestly, I can't remember and it doesn't matter.

Crap is crap, no matter where you call it

I might have even said it to myself!
    RIG 1 (in progress):
    Core i7 920 @ 3GHz 1.17v (WIP) / EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI / Crucial D9JNL 3x2GB @ 1430 7-7-7-20 1T 1.65v
    Corsair HX1000 / EVGA GTX 295 SLI / X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Pro / Samsung SyncMaster 245b 24" / MM H2GO
    2x X25-M 80GB (RAID0) + Caviar 500 GB / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1 Build 7100

RIG 2:
    E4500 @ 3.0 / Asus P5Q / 4x1 GB DDR2-667
    CoolerMaster Extreme Power / BFG 9800 GT OC / LG 22"
    Antec Ninehundred / Onboard Sound / TRUE / Vista 32

Xtreme Member
    you guys are right they are just plastic but the strength of the plastic used is very low you can easily wiht no fuss at all crack the top half of the fitting and with a little more effort you start to see hairline cracks in the lower part anyway lesson learn't BP and regular fittings for the win i guess.

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's just another quality product by Primosoak. (Haha, soak, as in your hardware. Get it? Some of us do better than others.)

I have about a dozen of these thing. On the two that I still use, I've removed the collars and use zipties to keep them tight. I think zlojack covered it well. I think Naekuh covered it pretty well in another thread also.

@DB,
    When you bring this thread to Geno's attention, why don't you also ask him to respond to the open tickets on his website. Or tell him to tell Brian or whatever. That'd be nice.
    Last edited by meanmoe; 01-01-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: language
    upgrading...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    It's just another quality product by Primosoak. (Haha, soak, as in your hardware. Get it? Some of us do better than others.)

I have about a dozen of these thing. On the two that I still use, I've removed the collars and use zipties to keep them tight. I think zlojack covered it well. I think Naekuh covered it pretty well in another thread also.

@DB,
    When you bring this thread to Geno's attention, why don't you also ask him to respond to the open tickets on his website. Or tell him to tell Brian or whatever. That'd be nice.
    Geno designs the products. After that is is not his responsibility. I will bring this to his attention again guys.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Geno designs the products. After that is is not his responsibility. I will bring this to his attention again guys.
    So whose responsibility is it? If he designs them and they have issues, is it a design problem or an implementation problem? Or are the designs good on paper but not in practice?

I mean, I'd be pretty displeased if I'd purchased some of these and saw this happening in my rig.
    RIG 1 (in progress):
    Core i7 920 @ 3GHz 1.17v (WIP) / EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI / Crucial D9JNL 3x2GB @ 1430 7-7-7-20 1T 1.65v
    Corsair HX1000 / EVGA GTX 295 SLI / X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Pro / Samsung SyncMaster 245b 24" / MM H2GO
    2x X25-M 80GB (RAID0) + Caviar 500 GB / Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC1 Build 7100

RIG 2:
    E4500 @ 3.0 / Asus P5Q / 4x1 GB DDR2-667
    CoolerMaster Extreme Power / BFG 9800 GT OC / LG 22"
    Antec Ninehundred / Onboard Sound / TRUE / Vista 32

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
    So whose responsibility is it? If he designs them and they have issues, is it a design problem or an implementation problem? Or are the designs good on paper but not in practice?

I mean, I'd be pretty displeased if I'd purchased some of these and saw this happening in my rig.
    I agree with not being a happy about problems for those who bought them and hope you will get help soon.

While I am NOT a representative of Primochill I will relay with I have been told by Geno:
    Brian has spent a bunch of money to move the molds form China to a high quality company in California. They have determined that the Chinese company was not measuring in the UV protection additive--just tossing in whatever they felt was enough. If they added too much then it weakened the plastic. They also determined that the inserts cause more problems then they were worth and think we should eliminate those. The backs will now be acrylic with the correct amount of UV protection, no inserts, and molded in the US. We should have parts shipping within 2 weeks . . .there is also a premium Delrin version coming

FYI: what the chinese shop does is grind up the bad parts, mix that material in with new material, toss in some more UV inhibitor, and make new parts...so you never know what the UV inhibitor content is by percentage or volume from batch to batch - shop in California had us send a bunch of parts as a sample and they use a special light and took pictures and then you could see all the parts were different - recycling is good of course but you have to adjust the mixture based on the recycled content and apparently the Chinese dont - they just toss shait in - the cost on the new parts went up 400% in California because they do a LOT better/more work
    I want to see you guys taken care of so I hope this info helps you know where things stand as least as I have been told.
    Last edited by DarthBeavis; 01-01-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    w00t for globalization and thank you China!

I bet Brian wishes he had never used that place now..
    Last edited by Ketzer7; 01-01-2010 at 06:51 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer7 View Post
    w00t for globalization and thank you China!

I bet Brian wishes he had never used that place now..
    USA USA USA

Xtreme Guru
    Thanks for that DB.

edit:

Tell G to check his e-mail when you talk to him next.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Thanks for that DB.

edit:

Tell G to check his e-mail when you talk to him next.
    Just told him

Xtreme Cruncher
    DB,
    Man, thank you. Seriously appreciated.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    there is also a premium Delrin version coming
    Whoa. Holding up my new build for that. I hope it's for this month

Xtreme Member
    wait so they changed the fitting and realised it was made of a weak material? or am i reading wrong? and they continued to sell it to me the consumer knowing this grrrr

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gmat View Post
    Whoa. Holding up my new build for that. I hope it's for this month
    +1
    Components
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS840/ PSU: Seasonic X750/
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4/ CPU: i5 2500k 4.2-4.8 GHz @ auto/
    VGA: EVGA GTX570 SC 940, 1880, 4500 @ 1.1v (Lucid dGPU)/ Memory: 8 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866
    Storage: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Samsung 470 128Gb SSD, WD Scorpio Black 750 (Scythe Quiet Drive)
    OSs: Win7 HP x86_64/ Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    Cooling
    CPU: Koolance CPU-370/ GPU: Koolance VID-NX580/ Rads: XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCR-220QP/ Pump: EK-DCP 2.2 (softmount)
    Fans: 3x Noiseblocker m12-S1 @~500-750rpm, 3x Scythe GT 800 @~450-800RPM, Cooler Master 230mm (softmount) @300 RPM
    Tubing: 3/8" x 5/8" Primochill LRT (black)
    Fittings: Koolance compressions and 45/90 degree fittings

Certified Quiet PC Loony

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    wait so they changed the fitting and realised it was made of a weak material? or am i reading wrong? and they continued to sell it to me the consumer knowing this grrrr
    From what I understod:
    1)They realized that the fittings arent being made strong enough
    2)Found out that the reason was the chinese manufacturer which was mixing the material wrong
    3)Are shipping the molds to USA and starting to manufacture these correctly mixed so they should be stronger than they have been before.

This is a great thing. I really wish we would get more and more companies that start doing their own manufacturing in their own country instead of china and other cheap countries. Yes it might be more expensive but the quality is way better. Personally I would pay some extra money just for the fact that the product was made in the company's own country.

But never the less, they are still plastic and I will never buy any . Plastic has its own purposes but imo metal just totally wins in case of fittings.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpy View Post
    From what I understod:
    1)They realized that the fittings arent being made strong enough
    2)Found out that the reason was the chinese manufacturer which was mixing the material wrong
    3)Are shipping the molds to USA and starting to manufacture these correctly mixed so they should be stronger than they have been before.

This is a great thing. I really wish we would get more and more companies that start doing their own manufacturing in their own country instead of china and other cheap countries. Yes it might be more expensive but the quality is way better. Personally I would pay some extra money just for the fact that the product was made in the company's own country.

But never the less, they are still plastic and I will never buy any . Plastic has its own purposes but imo metal just totally wins in case of fittings.
    They are making metal compressions as well. Really cool design although I don't think I am allowed to show it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was considering buying some of the Primochill Ghost compression fittings
    http://www.gammods.com.au/store/inde...oducts_id=1808

How do we know if they were manufactured in China, or California?
    Has manufacturing started in California yet?

Xtreme Member
    There the same one's i bought from the same store i asked the owner of the store.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    There the same one's i bought from the same store i asked the owner of the store.
    ...conclusion?

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    i just remember skinnee praising the crap out of these fittings, and then after i put together a system with them, one failed after only two days...
    No he was impartial.

WL and i were the ones who were warning people on the dangers of plastic fittings.

And we so called it.

Now i just wish vendors would listen to a few of us sometimes.
    IT would really save them a headache and apology.

I guess my 10yr experience still makes me a noob in some of there eyes..
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12