Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LGA 1156 Foxconn socket problems?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    That was that particular cpu's first time in a socket and I can confirm it had no indents prior. Heatsink mount that was used was the megahalems rev 2 for 1156 etc not makeshift or homemade macgyver routine.

I'm curious raja if diff heatsinks lets say a stock intel leave a different pattern versus say a megahalems......I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no as it appears to be a rather duplicateble pin pattern among the same socket.

Any way I can "fix" the troublesome pins?

No difference on the pin contact from various coolers I'm afraid.

Viewed with the naked eye all the pins appear to be at the same height. This is surprising becasue on LGA sockets a bent or misaligned pin usually sticks out like a sore thumb.

You can try moving the non-connected pins a little very carefully and then remounting to see if it changes the indent.

later
    Raja

Xtreme Member
    What mobo do i have to get now if i don't want an foxconn socket ?
    Apparently there are no evga boards atm here in germany :/
    see for yourself

Xeon W3520 D0
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Powercolor HD 6950
    Areca 1680ix-16
    3x Vertex 60GB @ Raid 0
    5x 5900.12 1.5TB @ Raid 5
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    Coolermaster UCP 700W

EK Res 250 -> 2x DDC-1T w. XSPC Dual Top -> EK HD6970 -> EK Supreme HF Full Nickel -> MoRa3 (9x140)

c[_]
    hey guys, maybe the issue is partly the motherboard. There is a lot of heat that goes into a motherboard during its construction so maybe the area under the socket that the pins attach to is warped? Might have to pull the backplate off to look and maybe it is only expressed when a heatsink is mounted?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    hey guys, maybe the issue is partly the motherboard. There is a lot of heat that goes into a motherboard during its construction so maybe the area under the socket that the pins attach to is warped? Might have to pull the backplate off to look and maybe it is only expressed when a heatsink is mounted?
    It's a Foxconn socket issue only. Underground word is that Foxconn knew about this but the sockets were already out to vendors and being used.

Hi I have problems with my 1156 i7 860 at stock speeds with it randomly rebooting and windows explorer crashing and games crashing and multiple blue screens etc. i have an asus p7p55d deluxe with the ressesion made foxconn socket! and yep my pu has the exact same pin area not touching as the article on anandtech. this is just shoddy workmanship on foxcons part, the motherboard manurfacturers not testing their boards properly and intel leaving an integral part of how their processors operate up to seccond rate manurfacturers! I have rma my board with the instructions of not giving me a repacement board as it will also have a shoddy foxconn socket on it too, i am asking for my money back, and im going with 1366 now!

oh here is my proof i took this picture myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4373105...57622477465393
    PSU: Gigabyte Oden 800 Pro
    Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 1866Mhz
    GPU: 2x MSI 5770 Hawk's in CrossfireX
    HD: WD 1TB Black Edition 7200RPM
    Seagate 1TB
    DVD: Asus DVDRW Dual Layer Lightscribe
    Windows 7 professional 64bit

Xtreme Addict
    Good thing i bought myself a LGA1366 based system :P
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12