Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UDXX Release date?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry, I thought I had mentioned to you what he said to me in July about it all, must have been another forum/member.

Ya he did just update me with new info the last week or so, I just can't share it

You are likely right about what I said above, that you said P55 about, but I hinted about what OcUK said and that comment made by that member above is partially true/partially untrue. I mean he does have ONE word (You also used this word in your last comment) in there that says it all really but I can't say which it is.

Wish I could say more though, I agree with you about smoke and mirrors and I am not sure on why they do not want me to say anything yet, but I assure you it will be released soon.

I assumed from his comments last week to me that it was still going to be P55 time when this happened, but I guess the changes to the plans that I can't mention may be why it is still delayed a bit.

HiCookie should get in here and comment already!! That way I would not be worried about making my friend mad by saying to much

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No worries, the wait continues, but I doubt I'll be hanging round longer than a week.

cheers

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ahh ok, well you just may miss it then, what are you rushing for? Hopefully not to P55 instead right?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh ok, well you just may miss it then, what are you rushing for? Hopefully not to P55 instead right?
    Nah prolly just an x58, ud5 perhaps....
    I don't intend to OC like mad, I may do a little, but that's not the primary use.

Xtreme Member
    Don't want to bring bad news but think I read somewhere these are getting canceled or postponed till they fix SATAIII probs...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0wn3r View Post
    Don't want to bring bad news but think I read somewhere these are getting canceled or postponed till they fix SATAIII probs...
    yeah that was in the media months and months ago, apparently things have changed since then...

Xtreme Member
    Lsdmeasap, what do you mean that what OcUK got told was partially true?

They were told that these new mobos are being SCRAPPED completely, as in production has been altogether, and they willnot be released to the public anymore..

I am getting even more confused now regarding this.. Think I am just going to give up waiting for them and get a Classified instead.
    Core i7 D0
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz
    SLi'd GTX280s
    Corsair HX850
    Custom Silverstone TJ07
    Custom Watercooling
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G500
    Roccat Kave 5.1

Xtreme Member
    i'm still sitting at the edge of my chair...

only I'm starting to get a bit stiff in meanwhile

hope monday is the big day
    Build in progress:
    PSU: Seasonic M12D-850
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 | RAM: 6GB OCZ Reaper OCZ3RPR1600LV6GK | CPU: Intel Core i7 920
    SSD: Intel Postville X25-M G2 160GB @ ICH10 | HDs: RAID5 of 6x Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i KIT
    GPU: Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD

To order:
    Watercooling!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'll be waiting for it till the last week of the month, otherwise I'll just grab the UD5.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

So anyone got anymore updates on this new series? Looks like some Gigabyte x58 boards are being cleared out and not to be replenished at many retailers now... but the ex58a series is still nowhere to be seen.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i better get cracking and get an x58 then, I'd be pissed if I missed out on a decent x58 that's locally available, simply because I was waiting for a vapour board...

I doubt they'd let their product line just fall apart like that. The only boards I still see around are the UD3R and some UD5 and a few places have leftover DS4's. Some places don't even have anymore UD5s.
    Last edited by Silentvois; 09-14-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Guys, I just got a reply from a webnote I sent to Gigabyte about these mobos, and here is what they said:

Answer : This model is not produced, it was only shown on some computer fair.

For 24 phase power you can look at a new model GA-P55-UD6 based on on new P55 chipset.
    So I guess what the guys at OcUK were told IS true...

For you guys that are waiting patiently for these boards, I personally wouldn't bother, you will probably be waiting til this time next year, and they still wont get released, by that time the current X58 boards will probably be discontinued, and you wont be able to get one of those neither!!!
    Core i7 D0
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    SLi'd GTX280s
    Corsair HX850
    Custom Silverstone TJ07
    Custom Watercooling
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G500
    Roccat Kave 5.1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lsdmeasap you've been quiet on the matter, surely your friend can fill you in some more now? ...

I keep hearing more confirmations that these are now officially scrapped instead of being delayed for a future release. But if that's true, and the previous generation X58 boards are being discontinued at many retailers, what's there to be left of gigabyte's X58 line? There's plenty of UD3R around but they can't just be selling only that alone.

Xtreme Member
    Could Intel possibly be pressing on mobo vendors against releasing new X58 boards?

The recently launched P55 platform needs to gain some market momentum right now which would have been certainly eaten into by releasing new products on a superior, albeit older platform. This way P55 retains the status of new, persuading many customers into buying it over the year old (and not that much more expensive) X58 on account of novelty alone. Creating a healthy userbase is the only way Intel will ever be able to sustain the two platforms and having a fledgling platform compete against another home stable product (a superior one in fact) right out of the gate could have self destructive consequences on their sizable financial investment. Cutting internal competition would be the only prudent course of action at this stage.

New X58 boards can always be introduced later; the launch of Gulftown processor early next year would be an infinitely more appropriate moment for this. Too bad some potentially great products are being put on the backburner though... I was really looking forward towards the ASUS P6X58 Premium for example (would have been my next board for sure) and that got canceled aswell.

Xtreme Member
    I'm not going to be counting on these new mobos getting released anymore, I was actually really looking forward to picking one up to replace my current UD5, but I really don't think they will be coming any time soon, if at all.

I agree with what sholvaco has posted above though, this could very well be the case.

Tbh, I will probably just continue using my UD5's I have atm for a good while yet, I was just looking for an excuse to upgrade really, you know how after you have played around with something for a while, you tend to get bored and want to try something new, well that's all it was for me at the end of the day.

I had thought about buying a classified as well, but again, it was just for the same reasons really, needing something new to play with!

I've been buying up components to start my first ever custom WC loop, so I will just continue focussing my attention on that instead of a new motherboard, though once the new ATI cards get released, I will definitely be scooping one of those up soon after they hit the shelves, so that will give me something new to play aorund with
    Core i7 D0
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    SLi'd GTX280s
    Corsair HX850
    Custom Silverstone TJ07
    Custom Watercooling
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G500
    Roccat Kave 5.1

Why not? This is so common in every industry. Why would be different with Intel?

Anyway, your explanation make sense and is consistent with what we see taking place right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    Could Intel possibly be pressing on mobo vendors against releasing new X58 boards?

The recently launched P55 platform needs to gain some market momentum right now which would have been certainly eaten into by releasing new products on a superior, albeit older platform. This way P55 retains the status of new, persuading many customers into buying it over the year old (and not that much more expensive) X58 on account of novelty alone. Creating a healthy userbase is the only way Intel will ever be able to sustain the two platforms and having a fledgling platform compete against another home stable product (a superior one in fact) right out of the gate could have self destructive consequences on their sizable financial investment. Cutting internal competition would be the only prudent course of action at this stage.

New X58 boards can always be introduced later; the launch of Gulftown processor early next year would be an infinitely more appropriate moment for this. Too bad some potentially great products are being put on the backburner though... I was really looking forward towards the ASUS P6X58 Premium for example (would have been my next board for sure) and that got canceled aswell.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I sure as hell hope you're not right sholvaco, but you're assertions do make a lot of sense.
    Yet another good case for why we need a much stronger AMD again...

Xtreme Member
    Gigabyte motherboards X58 UD5, UD4P on newegg says that product no longer available

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    ......snip.... New X58 boards can always be introduced later; the launch of Gulftown processor early next year would be an infinitely more appropriate moment for this. Too bad some potentially great products are being put on the backburner though... I was really looking forward towards the ASUS P6X58 Premium for example (would have been my next board for sure) and that got canceled aswell.
    +1. Very much sensical.
    Gulftown itself will gather much attention, plus the newer X58 boards. Just about the timing.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not sure what Lsdmeasap's 'Gigabyte Insider' was being told, but whatever it was, it's looking to be highly misinformed.
    Last edited by jalyst; 09-16-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Or maybe what he was told was old news from a time when the boards did have plans of being release during this timeframe, which then got ditched altogether shortly after.

Xtreme Member
    If these new mobos ever do get released, I think they will arrive around the same time as the Gulftown 32nm chips as sholvaco stated above, it would make more sence for them to do this imo.

Are the current UD5's and extreme mobos discontinued now does anyone know?
    Core i7 D0
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    SLi'd GTX280s
    Corsair HX850
    Custom Silverstone TJ07
    Custom Watercooling
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G500
    Roccat Kave 5.1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentvois View Post
    Or maybe what he was told was old news from a time when the boards did have plans of being release during this timeframe, which then got ditched altogether shortly after.
    quite possibly, I'm more pissed with Intel than anyone else...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast