Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel Skulltrail to get Sli [FUD WARNING]

naokaji

Intel Skulltrail to get Sli [FUD WARNING]

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...=3103&Itemid=1

its fud... so not only a pinch of salt but rather a kilo of it is appropriate.. but would be very nice if it would turn out true.

Xtreme Member
    So what's official spelling Skull Trail or Scull Trail? I guess we will find today if it is true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

naokaji
    Quote Originally Posted by XeRo View Post
    So what's official spelling Skull Trail or Scull Trail? I guess we will find today if it is true.
    1 cookie that Skull Trail will be it and not Scull Trail

Coat It with GOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    1 cookie that Skull Trail will be it and not Scull Trail
    yup, officially it is Skull Trail.
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes it will get SLI support...for Quadro cards only
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Cruncher
    We still need SLI for X38, cos nvidia´s chipsets suck..

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not this again! It's starting to get ridiculous to be honest.

Intel has a Quadro SLI license for its workstation boards. Skulltrail is in essence such a board, thus it will have SLI support, but only Quadro. I think I've written something like this seven times now. >_<

//Andreas

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NH|Delph1 View Post
    Not this again! It's starting to get ridiculous to be honest.

Intel has a Quadro SLI license for its workstation boards. Skulltrail is in essence such a board, thus it will have SLI support, but only Quadro. I think I've written something like this seven times now. >_<

//Andreas
    QFT! No matter how bad people want it, SLI on x38 with standard desktop graphics cards is not going to happen.

In fact, 8 minutes later, FUD wrote this...

Intel wants to see Nvidia suffer
    Written by Fuad Abazovic
    Tuesday, 18 September 2007 15:33

To teach them some respect

A few people close to Intel have shared the opinion that Nvidia became to arrogant and that it need to learn how to behave.

Intel suffers a lot from lack of X38 SLI support but Nvidia will simply not let them have it. Intel needs that to see its X38 chipsets better but at the same time if Nvidia does this it would mean that it would be a death sentence for the upcoming Nforce 780a chipset.

Even AMD will start public war against Nvidia in 2008 as Nvidia is now seen as the competition and you always want to put the competition in place.

It wont be fun to be Nvidia in 2008.
    Last edited by virtualrain; 09-18-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by FLG_Poncho View Post
    I thought that as well.... but having had my first look at a skulltrail board this weekend, I can tell you that I was WRONG.
    Meaning ???
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    there will be hacked drivers to enable SLI on x38 coded by Inlel..lectuals
    Abit IC7 P4 2.8a @4.21 | P4 3.4e @4.9 | Gainward 6800GT GS @486/1386
    Asus P4P800 SE Dothan 730-PM @ 2900 | EVGA 6800 Ultra GS @521/1376

e8400@4.3G & 8800GTS G92 800/1932/1132 as gaming rig 24/7

Custom self build chillbox with watercooling @-28c 24/7 | chilled wc " cpu -18c idle/-3c load
    3DMark 2005 Score Dothan & 6800U
    3DMark 2005 Score p4 & 6800GT

Xtreme Addict
    What chipset will SkullTrail be using? Since it's dual socket... unlikely X38.

Intel wants to see Nvidia suffer
    Intel wants to see everybody suffer that doesn't do things their way it seems
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Skulltrail runs SLI, the overclocked demo's here have dual 8800 Ultra's
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Intel wants to see everybody suffer that doesn't do things their way it seems
    I dunno, I think it just looks that way because they are winning, for the most part.

Intel is a public corporation. They try to maximize profits for their shareholders and produce the very best technology their engineers can muster. Just like nVidia, just like AMD, just like Freescale, just like IBM.

None of these companies are "evil". They are tired of being anthropomorphized, let them rest!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Well there we go, that is pretty definitive.

Cheers Charles, great work today!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    will that be in the retail version? any motherboard can run sli, we just dont have the drivers to. so will those drivers that work with skulltrail be released to the public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by iterations View Post
    I dunno, I think it just looks that way because they are winning, for the most part.

Intel is a public corporation. They try to maximize profits for their shareholders and produce the very best technology their engineers can muster. Just like nVidia, just like AMD, just like Freescale, just like IBM.

None of these companies are "evil". They are tired of being anthropomorphized, let them rest!
    Not quite. They threatened a few major PC mfr's about even touching AMD CPUs (HP specifically comes to mind). That is what I was referring to.

But this is a bit off topic and we don't need to go through all this all over again.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Coat It with GOOOO
    The intel board has some type of nVidia chip on the board that allows it to work. I'm not very familiar with the typical SLI board design so I can't say for sure if that chip is needed for SLI. If that chip is needed then I would say that it's up to the board manufacturers to add the chip. If it's not needed then that's up to nVidia. One things for certain... Intel's Skulltrail board does SLI in it's full form.
    from the description i've seen, its a "pci switch" I'm guessing similar to what was used in the 7950GX2.
    Last edited by Cooper; 09-19-2007 at 03:16 AM.
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

Xtreme Addict

are you pulling our legs? thats very good news.

did anyone mention drivers in the box for SLYYY
    ~

Coat It with GOOOO
    That's kinda what I'm thinking... but can't be certain. It would make since though since that "version" of SLI is chipset independent so it shouldn't matter what board it's on. Wonder what the cost of that part is....
    $10 silicon, $100 buyoff for nVidia's pockets probably

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's kinda what I'm thinking... but can't be certain. It would make since though since that "version" of SLI is chipset independent so it shouldn't matter what board it's on. Wonder what the cost of that part is....
    hmmm well in reality i dont think that chip is really needed is it? cause i mean we've had modded sli drivers work before, but either way thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Addict
    It's a step in the right direction for sure... just keep in mind that Skulltrail seems like more of a proof-of-concept than a product with any tangible market size... dual socket, FB-DIMM, Seacrest/Harpertown... not exactly a practical gaming platform.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    It's a step in the right direction for sure... just keep in mind that Skulltrail seems like more of a proof-of-concept than a product with any tangible market size... dual socket, FB-DIMM, Seacrest/Harpertown... not exactly a practical gaming platform.
    I definitely don't represent the largest segment of these forums, but it seems that I may have my next workstation build finalized once Skulltrail is released.

I do a lot of CAE and FEA using UGS NX, FEMAP, and NASTRAN. NX would get a nice fps boost with SLI while FEMAP and NASTRAN would benefit nicely from the extra cpu power. Hmmm....dual quad-core cpu's, 2x Quadros (or GeForce) in SLI, 8GB of ram (XP 64-bit), and a lot of engineering apps that run quickly and smoothly all add up to one XtremeWorkstation

Edit: Not to mention a very kickass folding rig when not in use
    Last edited by gelatinousfury; 09-18-2007 at 04:53 PM.
    Dimastech Easy Dual v2.5 (black)-----Silverstone Strider 1500w-----ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-----Intel 2600K-----Corsair Dominator GT (4x4GB) DDR3 2000-----2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's-----2x GTX Titan 6GB SLI-----Dell 3008WFP

Watercooling Loop: EK Supreme HF Rev. 2 - Acetal-----2x EK-Titan Acetal connected via EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel-----2x Swiftech MCR320 Drive Radiators w/ built-in MCP35X Pumps-----EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Advanced-----6x Scythe GT 1850rpm Fans-----Primochill LRT 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD (Red)-----Bitspower Carbon Black Fittings-----Distilled Water + PT_Nuke PHN + Feser Base Corrosion Blocker

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    $10 silicon, $100 buyoff for nVidia's pockets probably
    Of course not in such ratio, but I would not be surprised if Intel actually payed NVidia for SLI support. Of course it's just my assumption, considering previous Intel's practice and facts.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    No, but it will fit in nicely at my house and I don't even need the second vid card..
    Quote Originally Posted by ge|atinousfury View Post
    I definitely don't represent the largest segment of these forums, but it seems that I may have my next workstation build finalized once Skulltrail is released.

I do a lot of CAE and FEA using UGS NX, FEMAP, and NASTRAN. NX would get a nice fps boost with SLI while FEMAP and NASTRAN would benefit nicely from the extra cpu power. Hmmm....dual quad-core cpu's, 2x Quadros (or GeForce) in SLI, 8GB of ram (XP 64-bit), and a lot of engineering apps that run quickly and smoothly all add up to one XtremeWorkstation

Edit: Not to mention a very kickass folding rig when not in use
    Now this is my kind of guy! Welcome friend!
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.