Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWAKI RD30 but what block

Banned

IWAKI RD30 but what block

Okay i may have my hands on a brand new Iwaki RD30. Been told that 18V is the sweet spot to run these at.

My loop for it is only a CPU, X6800 (awaiting RMA replacment as mine has died!)

Rad will be a top mounted Thermochill PA120.3.

NOTHING ELES IN THE LOOP, CPU ONLY.

What block would you advise?

There is going to be stupidly high presure and flow here!

RD30 users please post any info you have etc

Pete

Darn... the Storm is still the best cpu block there is for the X6800, unless you can requisition a Silver G5... and all the talk about the Storm being restrictive would be moot.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Remember something guys, the RD-30 at 18v will give you about a 7M head, maybe a tad less. It is not as powerful as it USED to be given the fact that the 18w DDC with a proper top has a 6.5M head. 2 of them (18w DDC's) are far more powerful than an RD-30 at 24v.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Ain't it wonderful how such a small device has so much power?
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Hahaha Iwaki has a pump model that begins with the model designation "WMD" I want that lol

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Hahaha Iwaki has a pump model that begins with the model designation "WMD" I want that lol
    Yeah that is the 'American' motor version of the 'MD'. The MD is a far better choice over the WMD. The MD is smaller, quieter and cooler running than the WMD and is Japanese made.

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Okay i may have my hands on a brand new Iwaki RD30. Been told that 18V is the sweet spot to run these at.

My loop for it is only a CPU, X6800 (awaiting RMA replacment as mine has died!)

Rad will be a top mounted Thermochill PA120.3.

NOTHING ELES IN THE LOOP, CPU ONLY.

What block would you advise?

There is going to be stupidly high presure and flow here!

RD30 users please post any info you have etc

Pete
    Hi,

Where did you buy RD30 as I cannot find any Iwaki pumps in UK

Thanks.
    My setup

Xeon 3060 @ 3.4 (24/7) VCore 1.375, FSB Voltage 1.275, MCH Voltage 1.525
    Cellshock DDR1000 @ 4-4-4-12, DDR900, 2.16V
    Intel BX2 / Swiftech Storm / 7900 GT SLI with EK blocks

Thanks.. it was just a joke. You know of an Iwaki retailer in the US? No intentions of buying.. just to compare prices.

Also, Nikhsub, I know you are an advocate of using dual DDC+s w/ Petra. Do you know whether using dual DDC+ with the Alphacool dual pump adapter is a lot worse?

Unoriginal Macho Energy

Ooo Thanks.

Oh here we go... WP-IKMD70RLZT.. Enough to spray water into my neighbor's house .. max head 66.6 feet, max pressure 42.7 psi, max flow 11.4 gallons per minute ... we sure this is enough for my Storm block lol
    Last edited by IanY; 01-04-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Also, Nikhsub, I know you are an advocate of using dual DDC+s w/ Petra. Do you know whether using dual DDC+ with the Alphacool dual pump adapter is a lot worse?
    YOu mean the single top for 2 pumps? I think it should work a treat. Not quite as good as 2 pumps in proper series, but certainly exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    YOu mean the single top for 2 pumps? I think it should work a treat. Not quite as good as 2 pumps in proper series, but certainly exceptional.
    The thing is that me and my crazy ideas.. I how have two loops and I'm going to three loops. I simply don't have space for five or six pumps inside that poor case lol (also MM but Opti-1203 style with dual PAs in front). Right now, I have four DDC+s and two D5s at home, unmodified. I was thinking of going to three pairs of those DDC+/Alphacool contraptions. I still have no idea how I'm going to mount all that crap, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there lol And I may finally have to submit myself to 7/16" tubing because all that tubing is getting kind of obnoxious lol
    Last edited by IanY; 01-04-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, I got my Iwaki at customaquatic. They didn't have the RD30 in so I went with the MD-20RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion X2
    Yeah, I got my Iwaki at customaquatic. They didn't have the RD30 in so I went with the MD-20RZ.
    Sorry for the ridiculously stupid question. The MD-20RZ has no problems just running off 12v computer power ?

MD's are AC pumps
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, the MD's run on AC power but I installed a relay so that it turns on/off w/ the power switch on the front panel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040015.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	54445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040017.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	54446  

After the ddc was released, I never saw the point of have large, AC powered pumps in our small water loops.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm running a restrictive block (Storm) plus will be running two GPU blocks soon, a 360 rad, and lots of 1/2" tubing since this is a big case. I was wanting the best single pump solution possible for the job, and when I couldn't find the RD30 at a reasonable price, I went with this one as suggested by all the pros here.

Xtreme Member
    It makes my D5 feel insignificant, thanks for hurting it's feelings
    465 Watts of Computing Power....Running Off the Sun.
    **w00t for solar panels**

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fameless
    After the ddc was released, I never saw the point of have large, AC powered pumps in our small water loops.
    Iwakis don't break. Plus, you can get around the AC part by relaying it to your computer's PSU (a nice relay switch with r/f filter can be purchased at sidewinder for ~$28). Also, you can sometimes get a used Iwaki for a similar price to a DDC-2/Petra's. I just got an MD-20RZT for less than that price. Since Iwakis are so durable, the fact that they are used doesn't really make much of a difference. They are aquarium pumps, so if they fail, the expensive fishies could die. That is why they are designed not to.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mr. Peanut--have you noticed the impeller end of your MD getting hot? I've been wondering if I should put a fan on it because it gets kinda hot w/ the side panel on my case. I know all pumps probably do, but I want my pump to last a good, long while.

Xtreme Member
    I would agree that the Storm is the best way to go.

However, that pump will only hinder your cooling. Get a DDC1. I believe that will give you the best temps.

I am Xtreme
    Stick with the Iwaki. You'll regret DDC, especially when this happens to it.

There are probably 10 cases or more that have happened on this forum alone, of DDC's failing. Feel free to take the risk. That, and nobody has tested the DDC under load of a loop. What if it turns out it sucks in a restrictive loop?
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Member
    Iwaki has bragging rights, but DDC-2/Petra has Petra-loving rights. Take your pick.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS
    There are probably 10 cases or more that have happened on this forum alone, of DDC's failing.
    Probably because of all those Petra tops everyone seem to be using.

And doubling up on pumps...that's just pointless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast