x1900 crossfire - how to oc?

HI,

we use the following setup:

dfi lanparty rdx200 crossfire
    x2 x3800+
    club3d x1900 cf edit.
    powecolor x1900xt

normal non-oc crossfire works great, also default oc over catalyst,
    but we have to handle with the known cf oc'ing problems.

the problem is, that after using atitool to set fanspeed, voltage and clocks the system wouldn't do any 3d-bench - after start the bench the system freezes or show some ati.. bluescreen.

we need to know the fastest way to set the fanspeed, voltage and clocks for both cards...

which program should be the best?

thx a lot

¿
    Uhhh, cold bug your talking about here? Try running some PI or StressPrime instances while you are setting up the card OC's.

Xtreme Member
    oh no,

the cpu run at a moddet mach2gt but it's coldbugfree.

like i said, the systems runs great with defauld oc over the catalyst cc and it runs without problems in any games.

but if we use atitool to change fanspeed and so on...it wouldn't do any 3d more.

it seems like atitool do some reg.changes or something like that - it have to be a driver problem...

we hoped that some of that guys wo did some great cf benched could help.
    we just need to know which tool they use. or which way they'd exactly taken to oc the crossfire setup.

but thx for answering GHZ
    Last edited by masterchorch; 02-18-2006 at 04:38 AM.

¿
    Sounds like you need a re-format. ATI Tool worked perfectly on X1800 CF setup for me.

The only tool I know of that over clocks both cards in crossfire mode is the ATI CCC .I have yet to see any one able to over clock both cards while in crossfire mode with any other overclocking tool. I too have the x1800xt crossfire set up and have the same problem as you.

Xtreme Legend
    enable crossfire, shut down ati2evxx.exe services (using taskmgr), use ATITool beta12 or later, adjust volts, fan speed and card clocks.
    I have yet to see any problems using this method.

Xtreme Member
    Follow these steps to overclock you card.
    Remember to reboot directly after you disable the 'ATI HOTKEY POLLAR' service as this will reload that service in the 'Disabled' setting.
    Also after you do this you will be in 2d mode all the time thus 2d voltages and clocks. Becasue of this make sure to adjust both voltage and clocks to get back to your stock 3d clocks of your card.

THIS ALSO DISABLES CCC'S OVERDRIVE FEATURE 100% AND GETS BY THE COLDBUG THESE CARDS SUFFER TO A POINT.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @dqniel RESPECT dude , i doesn't seen this kind of help at forums very often!!!

I have one question guys. Can i use powerColor X1900XTX with other brand X1900 CrossFire edition?