View Poll Results: You buy Clockgen at this price, yes or not?

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll buy it

374 51.80%
  • Too expensive

348 48.20%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: a paying Clockgen

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiler
    Thanks for the update Franck. Looking forward to the future updates.

Dunkerque??
    You live there? I always went near La Panne, only a couple of km from the French boarder.
    Yes I know La Panne pretty well, this is only a couple of km far from where I live now

hi, i don't know if this is a...support thread...but i'm having touble with clockgen and my Epox 9nda3j.
    first of all...i'm not completely sure it is compatible with my board, since it's an nforce 3 ultra, and that chipset is not listed on the site.
    Nevertheless i did try it...the version for nforce3 250.
    my problem is this...freezes. I had Oc'ed my memory and cpu from bios, then tried to cut them down to 200Mhz from 280...my computer froze.
    also i tried OC'ing from 200Mhz to 280Mhz, freezes.
    then i tried from 200Mhz to 220Mhz, all worked well but i noticed the PCI clock went up aswell. i tried 245Mhz, pc still working, made a try at 265 mhz, pc froze.
    i'm not that experienced, with OC, my experience was very smooth regarding OC, i got 2500mhz very easy out of my venice 3000+ and did not ask for more...but from what i can remember, my board has AGP, PCI lock. i guess the reason i'm having problems is because with clockgen i have no control over the pci clock, it is calculated from FSB...and i guess at some point, the pci bus couldn't take 49mhz, from the regular 33mhz.

so question is...what do i do? is it a problem with my board, or is clockgen not compatible with my chipset?
    thnx

Xtreme Legend
    It seems that the current clockgen for nF3 tends to freeze when the FSB jump is too high. Please try to increase the FSB gradually, let's say using steps of 10MHz.
    The new version will add some "smooth" in the changes, this should hpefully fix this issue.

thnx for the fix, now the PCI clock doesn't change with the HTT, great, thnx

Xtreme Legend
    Here is a first screenshot of the new clockgen. It should be ready soon

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpuz
    Here is a first screenshot of the new clockgen. It should be ready soon
    Looks nice.
    Has it support for the: Asus P5P800 ?
    ICS 952647AF
    AI Booster from Asus really sucks.
    It is slow and crashes very often, and asks to reboot sometimes if you change the fsb.
    Last edited by nFo; 10-01-2005 at 06:10 AM.

Xtreme Legend
    Well, one of the new feature is a DIY, that means that if the PLL is not listed, you just choose "unspecified" and the program will dump the PLL registers (for discrete ICs actually), if it can find one. As the values are not translated in FSB/GSB, you won't see anything in the selection window, but you will be able to program the PLL directly through its register. Until I add it in the supported list.
    This new feature will also be useful to change some settings that are not related to the FSB/GSB, like spread, GSB fix (in spite this last stuff tends to freeze sometimes).

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Those guys WORTH EVERY PENNY......They had and have helped as A LOT don't you think?......I'll definatelly buy it......
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-01-2005 at 06:03 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Well, one of the new feature is a DIY, that means that if the PLL is not listed, you just choose "unspecified" and the program will dump the PLL registers (for discrete ICs actually), if it can find one. As the values are not translated in FSB/GSB, you won't see anything in the selection window, but you will be able to program the PLL directly through its register. Until I add it in the supported list.
    This new feature will also be useful to change some settings that are not related to the FSB/GSB, like spread, GSB fix (in spite this last stuff tends to freeze sometimes).
    Okay, so you can add the: ICS at your self.
    Looks difficult, but I will try it.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Franck

I know you from a long time ago, when you built a clockgen version for my KT333 board... I much respect your valuable work and think clockgen is a must nowadays. No problem to pay a fee for that but I'm just wondering if you can add some workable voltage controls to this new version and also would be awesome if you could also include memory parameter changes like A64 tweaker
    Last edited by RafaDel; 10-04-2005 at 09:08 AM.
    Intel E8500 Q813A248; Asus Rampage X48; TRUE 120; 2x1GB Mushkin XP2-8500; EVGA 8800GTS 512MB; 2x320GB Hitachi P7K500 Raid 0; Zeus 850W; Lian Li PC-60BPlus; Samsung 226BW; Saytek Eclipse; Logitech G9

Xtreme Member
    I'm just wondering if you can add some workable voltage controls to this new version and also would be awesome if you could also include memory parameter changes like A64 tweaker
    Indeed..

It would be nice to have voltage control over the memory (cpu voltage does not work either) as well
    I7 920@4ghz
    EVGA Classified X58
    6GB Corsiar 1600
    2X GTX 285@756/1550/2700
    Corsiar 1000WT
    ASUS 25.5 LCD/58"Plasma TH-58PZ800U
    Custom H2O cooling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh, thats a pic of my other rig.

Xtreme Legend
    Actually I would prefer to keep clockgen controlling the clock generator only, and have a separated tool for something else, like voltages control.
    Besides, voltages control is very specific to a mainboard model, and of not all of them allow to do that. So, this is a huge work.

I'm currently working with the author of Speedfan, in order to interface our programs. Speedfan will be able to control clocks through clockgen, and adjust them if necessary. I hope this is a first step

Xtreme Mentor
    I'd pay good money for a clockgen and a64tweaker than ran on Linux and FreeBSD. $100 once + $40/year for updates for be no problem.

Xtreme Member
    I'm currently working with the author of Speedfan, in order to interface our programs. Speedfan will be able to control clocks through clockgen, and adjust them if necessary. I hope this is a first step
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

Xtreme Legend
    Here is a beta of the new clockgen. All currently supported PLLs are not all added yet, but it is in progress.
    Please let me know your opinion !
    Thanks !

Version 1.0.2.3

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    It doesn't work with the ABIT AI7 mobo..........
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

XS Mad Scientist
    I didn't read the whole thread but I saw a few people suggesting the idea of a permanent purchase key for ~10X the one-version purchase price, or a lifetime membership type of thing.

I, for one, find clockgen very useful, very usable and well worth $5 for a version or $50 for a life-of-the-product updates.

I am Xtreme
    Works very well on IC7-G...

only thing is, i odnt like how its in four seperate windows, maybe have an option to incorporate it all into 1?

not sure how difficult this is, and if anything its not a complaint, its just my preference, thank you very much for your hard work!

Xtreme Member
    I'll buy one if it has free upgradation

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by angra
    I didn't read the whole thread but I saw a few people suggesting the idea of a permanent purchase key for ~10X the one-version purchase price, or a lifetime membership type of thing.
    It's not a good deal, I'm old

Xtreme Member
    ClockGen looks awesome, and I'd definately pay for it, but it doesn't support my motherboard (Abit AV8, K8T800Pro, Socket 939) so theres nothing in it for me.

If I can pay by PayPal, StormPay, E-Gold or Moneybookers. Or even by a good VISA processor I would be happy to pay for a stable full version. Crappy payment solutions or mail in cash stuff is just too stupid to do. Also, a pay version should come with good documentation.

Xtreme Mentor
    I am pretty sure that if he does "force to pay", it will be paypal only.... With paypal money will enter easily, can be automatised if you talk with some paypal support and you have a constant controle on your cash.... While if he does various payment methods, it would just all mix up everything, bugs when paying, bad money management. And mail-in would just be a damn big pain for "5$"....

Xtreme Member
    I would buy it.

xyus
    processor : amd s939 venice @ 2200mhz
    memory : Corsair rev5.1 xms 2 *512
    storage : 40 + 80 + 320gb
    case : Antec SOHO server case plusview

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i wote yes I would definitely buy it i just need it so much
    benchrigg-Intel i7-965 Extreme Edition-GB EX58-UD5-TRI Channel Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz-2x250Gb Hdd raid 0- Corsair HX 1000W modular PSU-Sapphire HD3870 TOXIC 512MB XFIRE.

24/7 Rig|Gigabyte DS3 rev-2.0|P4 925 D 3Ghz|Crucial PC2 533 D9GMH 2x1024|gainward 7300GS 256mb|120g+200g+200gbhdd+ 2x sata II 200gb+ 350gb sataII|psu Hiper 580w modular

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast