Xtreme Flow/Pressure - RD30 Club

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. link1896
    Howdy guys,

since RRR was nice enough to invite me to the group, I thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Mark, aka link1896, from Melbourne, Australia. I'm a little new around xtremesystems, I've hung out at overclockers.com.au for years, but have grown tired of the lack of anyone else with much of an idea in the liquid section, so here I am. I've lurked around here for a long time, but never really participated.

I'm far from a conventional water cooler, so it looks like I'll fit in here quite well.

How far away from conventional? My rad, and a water cooled psu

Current project is custom blocks for a P5Q for my new htpc build

Next project is a pin grid array block with 0.22mm wide channels with 0.22mm pins, channels cut with a 0.22mm rotary cutoff disk, workpiece clamped in mill table, dremel flexy shaft clamped to mill head.

stalled project is new end housings and mechanical shaft seals for this pump. I'm stuck as I need a BIG rotary table for my mill to do this, so I'm waiting for a friend with a CNC mill to make me end plates. That shaft is 3/4"!!!! Got a 300watt 3 phase motor and speed controller to drive this. Plan is to have it all in a heavy wood box to keep it quiet. Using a diaphragm pump for now

Thanks for the invite to the group,
    Mark
  2. RealRedRaider
    Glad to have you link...
  3. gillbot
    gillbot
    Nice fans on that rad link!
  4. b@llz0r
    G'day link... im a fellow Aussi

In Perth ATM
  5. link1896
    thanks guys.

The rad is so big that back in the days of a prescott doing 3.8ghz, the water was 1 or 2 degrees over ambient with no fans running. the loop holds about 60 litres of water, and the rad is just crazy, about 1200mm tall (47 inches).

hehe, the fans are comair rotrons that are rated at 550 cfm each at zero static pressure. I never got to building a shroud as I don't even use them. Maybe, just maybe I'll need them with close to 270watts peak coming from a q6600 doing 4ghz, but I doubt it
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234