Conversation Between kinghong1970 and metalop1g

2 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks mate that was a number one answer I'l gather the different prices around town : clarks desert boots + moisturewick socks + organic fiber socks VS leather insulated hiking boots with some class!

I'll get back to you on that!!
  2. Hello, I see you are the leather shoe Master.

I am about to pull the trigger on Clarks Desert Boot (the beeswax ones). Can you comment on the quality? Are they appropriate for short walks (5 minutes) in water/slush/snow? We in Quebec have temps down to about -35 celcius, but I am in college most of the time when I'm not home. I already have a pair of Irish settler that served me very well on my summer botanical expeditions but they are hunting boots and frankly they are too bulky to wear inside the college. I want something a bit more stylish and I have max 150$ to spend. I like the desert boots because they are very flat (the distance from the sole to the tip of the toecap is short), which differs from my irish setter (they have a lot of room for my toes)...

I want boots that are not necessarely iconic but I do want them to exist since a couple of years, and I want them to stick around for a couple more years!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2