Conversation Between TheDude and MrIcee

3 Visitor Messages

1. Dale,
    Glad you are enjoying a part of what was my growing up with the band and being spoiled by their talent, then actually getting to be "the" guitar player later on. My parents hired them a year after Poland left to play my graduation party We must have had over 400 people at my parents(now my home), which is in the middle of no where with little parking. Anyways, the DVD is great and seeing Chris Poland play ZZ Top, Cream, Dave Mason and so many blues tunes with solos in his style is fabulous. The CD's from 1977 adding Trower, Derringer, Jeff Beck etc and originals are just priceless. I'm glad you have gotten to hear him before the fame, wasn't he great even in 1977? I'll be certain to pass along anything I may get in the future, but in a more timely fashion
    Randi
  2. Randi,
    I got the CDs but my PC was down...just played all three...Thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you!!!! I would type it a hundred more times at least but afraid of Carpal Tunnel! I can't tell you how much I appreciate them old friend! Poland is one hell of a Guitar player!
    Did I say "THANK YOU?!"
    Dale
  3. Dale !!
    Holy , been looking for you a couple years Listen, I still have the early Chris Poland from 1977 that we talked about years ago to give you. And on that note, my old band (Welkin)is having a reunion with Poland(remember, I followed Poland a few years later) out in Rochester NY at the House of Guitars on April 24th. He's doing a clinic there and Poland asked Moon and Mike to back him up. In the meantime they've been passing the old material back and forth and turned it into a reunion. Anyways my man, I plan on being out there to see Poland and videotape the whole deal, thought you might be interested. Shoot me a PM with your addy and I'll finally get those old CD's to ya. I gotta run, but I'll check for your pm. Take care my friend

Best regards,

Randi
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3